Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jags WRs and our recent problem with pass interference

dfbovey

Obviously the Jags have a great defense. Having said that, it's an advantage that I think they have on offense that has me worried.

Seems like our secondary has been giving up way too many PI calls in the first three games and so far I believe that all of these penalties on our defensive backs have directly lead to points for the other team. I can see Leftwich lobbing a few jump balls out there just to let his 6'4 - 6'6" wrs jump over our DBs or draw the interference calls. They have 3 guys on their team that all present the same problem.

Hopefully Springs will make his way back for this game.

As far as I am concerned...Carr, Johnson, and Moulds is more talented than Leftwich, Jones, Williams, and Wilford...I am pretty confident their passing game will not win the game for them.

I'm pretty sure that the Texans have better individual talent at certain positions. But as far as matchup issues and problems our defense has had so far in coverage... in a close game this very well could be a difference maker.

I really hope the jags throw up a lot of jump balls. You know why cause Mr. Sean Taylor will just absolutely lay the wood to these guys. That is a big target for Taylor to go after. I dont know I just have a feeling there recievers are going to be scared of going up for the ball with him hanging around back there. And like someone else said the texans recievers scare me more then the jags. I just see a big game for 21 this sunday.

As far as I am concerned...Carr, Johnson, and Moulds is more talented than Leftwich, Jones, Williams, and Wilford...I am pretty confident their passing game will not win the game for them.

Then how come the Vikings crew of Johnson, Taylor, Robinson and Williamson beat the Skins? Really it comes down to the OL and running game. As well as how close the game is. The Texans OL stunk and the Redskins offense scoring pts took Dayne (who actually ran decent) out of the game and forced Carr to drop back and throw on every down.

Then how come the Vikings crew of Johnson, Taylor, Robinson and Williamson beat the Skins? Really it comes down to the OL and running game. As well as how close the game is. The Texans OL stunk and the Redskins offense scoring pts took Dayne (who actually ran decent) out of the game and forced Carr to drop back and throw on every down.

and if the Offense Had scored a TD on one of those Redzone FG we would have won.

The Vikes hits some big plays, but it wasn't like they were bombs away on us all day, it was just a 3 point victory

I think the Jags have one of the most underrated Wr corps in the league. Matt Jones is quickly turning into a dominant reciever in the league. Not only does he have the size in 6'6, but as one announcer said, he has "world class speed"(i think he ran a 4.3 in cimbine???)

They have something in their recievers that is very hard to defend, height. Even though are defensive backs are big for the positions standards, they still give up nealy half a foot to some of the recievers. It is going to be very tough for someone like Wright or Rumph to cover Matt Jones.

And dont overlook Leftwich, he IS a good QB. he will get the job done. I think that unless we get pressure on him, we might be in for a long game...

and if the Offense Had scored a TD on one of those Redzone FG we would have won.

The Vikes hits some big plays, but it wasn't like they were bombs away on us all day, it was just a 3 point victory

Yeah, but they hit plays down field when they needed too. As did Dallas. Jax can do the same.

Yeah, but they hit plays down field when they needed too. As did Dallas. Jax can do the same.

Johnson hit two perfect passes, wasn't much the CB could do on those, and they didn't do it when ever they wanted to, if not for some stupid penalties, they never would of had the chance .

Outside of the broken coverage on Glenns TD, I think the DB manhandled the Poke WR, and many of the poke drops, were foot steps heard. and again, stupid penalties cost us big time.

And Jax. Offense is good, but not nearly the passing jaugernaut everyone is trying to make them out to be.

And Jax. Offense is good, but not nearly the passing jaugernaut everyone is trying to make them out to be.

I disagree. Look at who they've played thus far.

Dallas.....good corners, good pass rush

Pittsburg.....Great Defense

Indy.....Very good defense.

All three of these defenses could rank in the top 5 this year.

So when you look at the passing numbers for the Jags, you better take that into account.

Personally, I can't see how you can beat these guys. Home or away, it just won't matter. You'll be lucky to score 10 points on that defense.

Also, with your pass rush the way it is, Leftwich and thier wideouts will pick you apart.

Quick thoughts on the Jags game:

1) Limit penalties

2) O and D Line need to play well

- pressure Leftwich

- open up holes for Portis

3) Keep the ball and pound it

4) Limit the big play- keep everything in front of you

5) Better 3rd down D

6) Win the turnover battle

hopefully Springs and the whole D-Line will healthy and ready

I've got a good feeling about this

Go Skins!

So when you look at the passing numbers for the Jags, you better take that into account.

Personally, I can't see how you can beat these guys. Home or away, it just won't matter. You'll be lucky to score 10 points on that defense.

Also, with your pass rush the way it is, Leftwich and thier wideouts will pick you apart.

i guess we will see. I dont think anyone is seeing as anything but a tough game.

but come some of this be coming because you dont want the skins to beat a team that you all lost too??? :silly:

I wouldn't go as far as to say that. In order for them to utilize their WR's they are going to need to run the ball. I don't see Fragile Freddy having a big game on us, and i'm not even remotely concerned about Maurice Jones-Drew. Their WR's have a ton of potential and big play ability, but thus far it's mostly all still hype. They have yet to come into their own. That being said though, it wouldn't suprise me in the least bit if they put up some good numbers, their size alone is just ridiculous. Springs being back would help our team ten fold

Their receiving corps is way overrated....They are tall but Matt Jones is a converted quarterback, Reggie Williams has had maybe 1 or 2 good games in his career and is close to entering bust status and who is Wilford... As long as the skins avoid the PI it should be fine. If Springs starts their wr's get shut down. Springs is the key to our pass defense. We are a top 10/5 D with him in there.

even with Jimmy Smith last season Jax was 15th ranked O

#18 Pass

#10 run

they are #19 pass, & #8 run so far this season, #16 overall

and while our D isn't up to par yet, we are as good as the ones Jax played thus far.

I think we matchup better with the Jags WR's better than any of the teams we have faced so far. Here is why.

1. We have trouble with speed WR's, Glenn, Williamson, A.Johnson. But the Jags WR's have size and not much spped. With Rogers, Rumph, Wright having some size, I think our CB's matchup well with their WR's.

2. Hopefully it will cut down on the hands on the WR's pass 5 yard pentlies, Because we can match their spped.

But the jump balls can hurt us, But if Sean Taylor is in the area ( which we know he will be ) then we may be ok.

If they can stop the run with their front 7, which is certainly possible with those two giant D-Tackles, (see Minnesota game) we will be in a world of hurt. If they stuff our run without commiting extra men in the box they will win a close ball game just like Minnesota did in week 1. There are many parallels between the Minnesota defense and Jax defense so it will all be tough that is for sure.

Its all about the running game this week for both teams on both sides of the ball...

Their receiving corps is way overrated....They are tall but Matt Jones is a converted quarterback, Reggie Williams has had maybe 1 or 2 good games in his career and is close to entering bust status and who is Wilford... As long as the skins avoid the PI it should be fine. If Springs starts their wr's get shut down. Springs is the key to our pass defense. We are a top 10/5 D with him in there.

All I can tell you is they had a feild day against us, and I'd put our corners against yours all day long. Those guys are huge.

Archived