Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jags WRs and our recent problem with pass interference

dfbovey

even with Jimmy Smith last season Jax was 15th ranked O

#18 Pass

#10 run

they are #19 pass, & #8 run so far this season, #16 overall

and while our D isn't up to par yet, we are as good as the ones Jax played thus far.

Yes, but they had a second string qb for what? 5-6 games last year? That will skew anyone's offensive ranking. Besides, never look at last year. Every year is totally different.

I just don't see you guys getting much pressure on Leftwich thats all. And with the size of thier recievers, and giving leftwich time, it could be a very long day for you.

Also, their D is outstanding. Only gave up 21 to Indy? 0 to the Steelers? It will be the best defense you've played thus far.

Somebody mentioned speed being a problem for our D and I think they hit it on the head. Without Springs closing down one side we remain somewhat vulnerable to speedy receievers (Williamson, Johnson, Glenn). If he plays, the dynamic of the game will change dramatically.

Jones, Williams, and Wilford are good receivers and barely underrated but that is because they're all still young. Give them another year or two and at least one of them will be asking for a fatter contract.

Still, the key to Beating the Jags will be the effectiveness of both running attacks. I think we hold the edge there. Some other keys: Ball-control, limiting turnovers, time of poss.

JOHN HALL.....PLEASE BE READY!

*Nice posts by all within this thread.

I really hope the jags throw up a lot of jump balls. You know why cause Mr. Sean Taylor will just absolutely lay the wood to these guys. That is a big target for Taylor to go after. I dont know I just have a feeling there recievers are going to be scared of going up for the ball with him hanging around back there. And like someone else said the texans recievers scare me more then the jags. I just see a big game for 21 this sunday.

I like the way you think brother.

Archived