Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stop blaming brunell start blaming saunders

SkinsFan13

We can't really know who exactly to blame because we don't know whether bad plays are being called or if good plays just aren't being executed. One of the biggest weaknesses of this offense is that no passes are being completed downfield. Is it because the plays aren't being called that will get people open downfield or is it that Mark and the receivers aren't executing the plays.

But, I have to put, at least, some of the blame on Mark.

to complete passes downfield u have to throw downfield. brunell winds up to throw down field than pulls it back or doesn't see the open reciever.

i was at the vikings game and saw plenty of times brunell was confused as where guys would be

and he refused to throw it downfiled and u can tell saunders is frustarted cause he called for plays to go down field.

brunell just aint throwing them. he has no confidence in his arm. every verticle pass he has thrown this season has been way short and underthrown. even the preseason. i have never seen so many skipped passes iby a nfl quaterback.

its simple. He is done

How about 6 STRAIGHT plays to LB to open the game? That's Creativity? And Saunders should be able to tell if Brunell can't get the job done, but he doesn't seem to have any faith in JC right now. There are too many things to look at right now. I believe Saunders will have these guys clicking, but like someone else posted, it'll be around week 6-7.

Brunell looked completely perplexed all night. He underthrew virtually every pass. And the INT was a lobbing, wobbly hunk of crap that Cooley would had no shot at, even if he was looking for the ball. It should have been thrown into the corner of the end zone. Besides that pass, I dont think he even tried one over 5 yards until the last drive of the game.

Im not so sure either Campbell or Collins would be any better, but Brunell most definitely isnt getting it. The O-line also seems to be having problems.

Maybe the receivers just arent getting open. That could be the case. If it is, then Saunders does need to adjust the gameplan.

My overall take so far is that someone is scared. I dont know if its Saunders with conservative playcalling or if its Brunell overanalyzing and trying too hard to not throw an INT.

Brunell most certainly looks completely lost out there.

I have not been an advocate for a QB change at all, up until last night that is.

The Texans game may just be the forum to see what Campbell can do.

Of course it could also be a weaker team for Brunell and Co. to try and get a rhythm going, without having to contend with a real defense.

Whatever the case is, someone is off, whoever it is needs to correct or move aside. Losing to Dallas in Dallas isnt the issue, it was actually one of my pre-season guesses for a loss. But the absolute incompetence of the offense is what is disturbing, they look exactly like they did in preseason.

Add the other 98% already!

It looked to me like Saunders had some good plays called. Unfortunately the players didn't execute, especilly Brunell.

specifically brunell. Blame the OL all you want, but they weren't as big of a problem as brunell apologists are making them out to be. Alot of their problems were a direct result of Brunell holding the ball too long and his 25 yard dropbacks

the replay showing santana down field with 3-4 steps on newman and moss just started throwing his hands/head around told it all.

I'm not gonna bash Brunell for trying to still be a qb at his age, but he just doesn't have it. The coaches need to make the decision....or danny may have to tell them. Ideally, Brunell would tell Gibbs its time and there's no hard feelings, hell Campbell could use an older veteran who used to be a good qb to help him on his way.

second off, all you people are so quick to abandon any player its pathetic. You would boo your own qb your own players. This is why i rarely post on this retarded ass board cuz its just full of haters. I make a legitimate post about my opinion and you call me an idiot and whatever else. Anyone with a brain that looks at a game with a qb getting sacked 6 times, being blitzed and having the pocket close GOD only knows how many times would tell you there is no way the qb could do great under those conditions.

and no i dont think saunders plays are getting people open, the couple times it did happen they were blitzing, and thats part of the reason they got open. We couldnt handle the blitz at all last night.

Keep hating your own players, keep hating and booing your own players, keep being so quick to judge and blame the qb for everything. Hey blaming the qb for everything is what this town does best. Thanks for your intelligent responses. Reply with your flaming, thanks for reminding me why I dont post on these boards.

Well, where to start. Ok, what sense does it make to stick with a player who is pathetic? I would LOVE to see you make a case that Brunell is playing in top form. Full of Haters? Because we think that we have a quarterback on the bench who will probably do a better job than the current starter? Couldnt handle the blitz? Did you see how long Mark was holding the ball? I dont care what O line it is when you hold it that long, dont move to avoid pressure, drop wayyy back, not step into the pocket, not make a quick decision, and probably even more reasons you are going to get sacked. Finally, you have no clue what Saunders was calling and neither do I so are you gonna blame a coach who put up huge numbers for the past 5 seasons or an aging QB who has not played well since midway through last season? So, if you dont post on these boards, than why do i have to respond to crap like this?:doh:

It is hard to blame Brunell as no athlete is going to take himself out. Blame gibbs for not seeing the obvious.

I am sure Saunders came here thinking he could run a pro offense not a variation of the jumbo/goal line formation everywhere on the field.

I am sure he can only run 2 pages of the 700 page playbook with Brunell's rag arm.

We have obviously been here before so the best thing we can do is hope someone in Houston lands on his knee ala Carson Palmer

It is hard to blame Brunell as no athlete is going to take himself out. Blame gibbs for not seeing the obvious.

I am sure Saunders came here thinking he could run a pro offense not a variation of the jumbo/goal line formation everywhere on the field.

I am sure he can only run 2 pages of the 700 page playbook with Brunell's rag arm.

We have obviously been here before so the best thing we can do is hope someone in Houston lands on his knee ala Carson Palmer

Wow, I really don't know how to respond to that without getting banned.

I would not even wish that on T.O., this is a new low.

On the Metro ride to the game, a "preacher" got on and started preaching to the entire car of people. His first statement, was that until Dan Snyder makes amends for insulting the Native Americans and change the name of his franchise, that DC was destined never to win another SuperBowl.

He then rambled on various other topics (Iraq, George Bush, etc.), but apparantly, THAT is where the blame lies!!

:doh:

\

Considering the history of rambling preachers on public transit, I would not put alot into it.

You obviously aren't trying to understand that learning a completely new offense is harder than people think.....

So the old offense he was so accustomed to last year was a finely tuned machine? Pig's are growing wings with your line of thinking. First his throws look terrible, second "He (Brunell) said he missed his wife because he spent so much time with the playbook in the offseason". So is he dense or is he running out of gas?

Archived