Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stop blaming brunell start blaming saunders

SkinsFan13

I make a legitimate post about my opinion and you call me an idiot and whatever else.

If you are blaming Al, you are an idiot.

Anyone with a brain that looks at a game with a qb getting sacked 6 times, being blitzed and having the pocket close GOD only knows how many times would tell you there is no way the qb could do great under those conditions.

Brunell was the cause of more than one of those sacks. Did you even watch the game?

and no i dont think saunders plays are getting people open,

I guess you didn't watch the game or you don't know **** about football. You pick.

i still want drag the offensive line into this discussion. they are the weak link we have one guard and one tackle, samuels and thomas. the rest were getting beat all night for the second game of the season. yes, brunell, missed some throws, but, goodness, he had no time the whole night. he had to make perfect throws with guys in his face, andwhen he had time, he still rushed the pass, surprised he had time i think. it is a team problem, and we made brad johnson look good and bledsoe, because their offensive line held up. ours cant.

I have defended boonell before 'cause i thought being a veteran he would make smart decisions(meaning at least throwing to where only the reciever could catch it) but i must say i agree with all the assessments of him so far. I too am now done with him and thats saying alot.

Too many expectations i think. If we were gonna think sb atleast build on last years schemes. Get cooley and moss started then a little play action to lloyd with a trick play involving el every game do this at the BEGINNING of the game to get a lead then let the D tee off on the other team. We cant keep changing and changing thats B>S> IMO

Why did we run a randle el reverse when we were losing by 17 ? We should have run a trick play when boonell threw that pick. why not let el throw one there? We are so under using our talent its just dum.

i still want drag the offensive line into this discussion. they are the weak link we have one guard and one tackle, samuels and thomas. the rest were getting beat all night for the second game of the season. yes, brunell, missed some throws, but, goodness, he had no time the whole night. he had to make perfect throws with guys in his face, andwhen he had time, he still rushed the pass, surprised he had time i think. it is a team problem, and we made brad johnson look good and bledsoe, because their offensive line held up. ours cant.

Brunell is part of the O-line's problems. He's dropping WAY too far back and he's clearly not trying to go down field. Defenses see that and the O-line is just wearing down and getting overwhelmed.

saunders one a superbowl in st loius. racked up the most yards ever in a season

...with an inexperienced, strong-armed QB that had NEVER started an NFL game. It's time for Campbell.

Brunell seems to have lost confidence in his arm...and his longer lame duck passes seem to support that. Many plays seem to have been called with intermediate to deep routes and receivers were getting open, but with Mark, it's either check-down or throw it away constantly. I've been a Brunell supporter most of his time here, but like many others, I'm sick of it and want to see what Campbell can do.

Feels like 04 all over again. It's so obvious, like Gibbs in 04 and many times last year, that Al Saunders is limited in what he can call. He can't attack downfield, because Mark can't get it there.

I don't think it's just Mark not being able to get it there. The blame for the offense goes on the shoulders of the O-line and Mark Brunell. The O-line can't keep anyone out of the backfield and Brunell gives up too quickly on plays and can't buy himself time to make a throw. The first sign of someone getting close he panicks and dumps it off before the play can develop. Well, we've all analyzed his play to death, so i don't need to sit here and tell you the same stuff over again. But it's two phases that's screwing up our offense right now.

Al saunders has proved himself... especially in the last four years. Brunell was a great leader for us last year, and at times a great player. But in the last 11 games for the Redskins, Brunell has averaged 153 yards passing a game... and thats below the nfl average. Yes, Brunell made some key plays last year. But our team having a great year last year had more to do with our defense, our offensive line, and portis then it had to do with the play of mark brunell. I'm not usually one that is quick to jump of the band wagon (i still like arrington, coles, brad johnson, and other ex-skins that had tons of skins fans hating on them when they left) but i do care about our team getting to the playoffs, and the way brunell has played so far this season... I DO believe that if we don't beat the Texans and if Brunell doesn't show me that he can play better, then for the sake of the team and our playoff chances I will be ready to go to Jason Cambell. We have him for a reason.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

Al saunders has proved himself... especially in the last four years. Brunell was a great leader for us last year, and at times a great player. But in the last 11 games for the Redskins, Brunell has averaged 153 yards passing a game... and thats below the nfl average. Yes, Brunell made some key plays last year. But our team having a great year last year had more to do with our defense, our offensive line, and portis then it had to do with the play of mark brunell. I'm not usually one that is quick to jump of the band wagon (i still like arrington, coles, brad johnson, and other ex-skins that had tons of skins fans hating on them when they left) but i do care about our team getting to the playoffs, and the way brunell has played so far this season... I DO believe that if we don't beat the Texans and if Brunell doesn't show me that he can play better, then for the sake of the team and our playoff chances I will be ready to go to Jason Cambell. We have him for a reason.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

in the words of Mora after a colts los

"PLAYOFFS!!!! PLAYOFFS!!! WE JUST TRYING TO WIN A GAME"

lol at this point in time i think we are so far from being a playoff team its not even funny.

he looks like the same Brunell who stunk it up in the Tampa playoff game, the Seattle playoff game......at least he's consistent.

if these coaches are really serious about a super bowl run (and from the off-season comments from them they ARE), then brunell has to be benched. if a guy from a grocery store can pick up this offense and lead his team to the super bowl, then jason campbell should be starting next week.

i'm sorry, but brunell is done. finished. he's a liability, and the longer gibbs waits to try to prove himself right on brunell, the more we sink further down the nfc east and straight out of the playoff picture. the future is now.

There is NO running game. how many times did they run the football last night? Give me a break. The skins don't have an identity. No one knows what to do and everyone is lost. That is NOT MB's fault. It could also be the playcalling. You are all speculating.

I will hold off judgement until we play the Jags. Maybe he'll try to actually throw the ball downfield against his former team

I've made this point several times. Saunder can call any play he wants to - what he can't do is force Brunell to throw the ball. Brunell has check down options and uses them constantly. Who knows how many plays downfield Saunders called?

Santana was open on multiple plays and was even seen asking for the ball.... too bad the poor excuse for a QB we have didn't throw the ball to him.

On the Metro ride to the game, a "preacher" got on and started preaching to the entire car of people. His first statement, was that until Dan Snyder makes amends for insulting the Native Americans and change the name of his franchise, that DC was destined never to win another SuperBowl.

He then rambled on various other topics (Iraq, George Bush, etc.), but apparantly, THAT is where the blame lies!!

:doh:

We can't really know who exactly to blame because we don't know whether bad plays are being called or if good plays just aren't being executed. One of the biggest weaknesses of this offense is that no passes are being completed downfield. Is it because the plays aren't being called that will get people open downfield or is it that Mark and the receivers aren't executing the plays.

But, I have to put, at least, some of the blame on Mark.

I agree with Skinsfan13 and Ronnix....this is not just Brunell's fault...how can a QB look good if he has no protection...the whole offense needs a lot of work...as does the defense...absolutely no pressure on Bledsoe...what is that all about...everyone knows that Bledsoe can't handle the pressure...but nobody gave him any..he had all day long to pass to whomever he wanted! This loss was a whole team effort or actually lack of effort. Blaming one player on the team is juvenile...I understand that everyone is upset...but you have to be blind to not see this loss was caused by the offense and defense...we just played like s*** as a whole. The whole team should be ashamed....hopefully they have humiliated themselves enough to come out next week and start playing with some heart.

and no i dont think saunders plays are getting people open, the couple times it did happen they were blitzing, and thats part of the reason they got open. We couldnt handle the blitz at all last night.

"The protection is there (for the most part)"

wow...bye guys

Well that was short lived. Hopefully you will watch the game and understand it alittle better. Because what is happening is this, Saunder's offense requires quick reads and quick throws. Brunell is actually doing two things that hurt the chances for this offense to be successful. He is holding the ball, and then either getting sacked or throwing it away. What he is not doing is reading the D, and throwing the deep route that has single coverage.

Now if you don't think Saunders is reviewing the film right now and making the assesement that I just gave you, then I think you are a Brunell Homer. Brunell is only going to get one or two more chances to screw up this offense and then we will be switching QB's. In Al Saunders offense you must make the quick read and then don't hold the ball. Bam, it is out.

BTW, I personally blame Brunells play last night for the loss. We had the momentum and he lobbed that ball short into double coverage, if anything you over throw the guy and let him go after it. But that way the defender does not have a good shot at it. He rag armed it.

Archived