Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stop blaming brunell start blaming saunders

SkinsFan13

Ok I will be the first to admit that Brunell is not an amazing qb, but all I read and hear about is how it’s his fault the offense isn’t moving. And imo that is not entirely true and isn’t even half true. I don’t care what Saunders has done in the past the plays he’s calling are not working here.

It seems to me that he came in and tried to change each players skill to be what he wants it to be. I haven’t seen him adapt to any of our players skills or create plays that help the players strong points. Except maybe the screens to Moss, but he has barely used Moss downfield. Cooley a great 3rd down converter and redzone guy has gotten barely anything for either. He is good at getting up in the short field not downfield with a fast corner right on him. Instead of using his strong points and trying new things, we just try new things that don’t work. That’s how I feel about this offense, a new set up that isn’t fit for our players, and maybe it will be in time but we made it to the playoffs last year, what’s the problem here? Granted Cooley has dropped some he should have caught, but he is barely getting a opportunity. The plays are all called in a way that makes it pretty obvious, when a pass play is coming. Which brings the blitz, giving Brunell no time.

Put Cambell in that game last night and I bet they would have a couple more interceptions. Because he is still young and will see the rush and try to make a play and give it right to a defender.

I am not saying nothing this season is Brunells fault because that is far from true. I am saying that in my opinion this Saunders system is flawed in that it doesn’t seem to adapt to the players strong points, and is also pretty predictable for a 700 page book.

Wow....I don't get this logic at all. Brunell is horrible. He makes NO plays down field and when he does they are reminiscent of the cannon arm that Danny Wuerffel and his glove had. And when he's not making weak armed throws he's scrambling out of the pocket and throwing the ball away on 3rd down.

How people can think he's not at least PART of the problem is beyond me, but this is in no way Saunders's fault.

Ya,there was one play where the replay camera was on Moss running 10 yrd's

behind the defender and brunell did not even look in his direction,moss was

very frustrated throwing his arms in disgust.I have a feeling mark knows who he is gonna throw the ball to when he walks up to the line,if it is not there he panics and throws the ball away or keeps back peddling into a sack.

What i would give to have one of the manning brothers as the redskins QB.

I don't know how you can look at last night (or last week for that matter) and not determine that Brunell is the one most accountable for the offensive performance to date. The protection is there (for the most part) the WR's are open, and there are plays to be made that just aren't happening.

The plays are there, the opportunities are there, the QB is NOT there.

You can't blame saunders for the play calling when Brunell hasn't allowed the offense to open up and spread the field

Brunell needs to 1) step up in the pocket and 2)throw the ball downfield. He looked aweful for the second game in a row. Too many times has Brunell failed to step up in the pocket, avoid a sack and make a throw. Last night even when Brunell did step up in the pocket he couldn't pull the trigger... he wasn't making quick decisions and kept pump faking and then eventully would either throw it away or get sacked. There is no way that no one is ever open downfield when we have Santana, LLOYD, Randle El, and cooley. Brunell needs to stop relying on just dumping it off to his running backs every time he drops back to pass. I'll give Brunell another chance, but if he doesn't get it done against the Texans then I'd say sit him for Cambell because we can afford going 0-4.

I hope Brunell and our D-Line can turn it around.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

first of all i never said he wasnt part of the problem because he is, but not imo the biggest part. if your going to reply read my post dont skim through it and get ready to tell me why im wrong.

second off, all you people are so quick to abandon any player its pathetic. You would boo your own qb your own players. This is why i rarely post on this retarded ass board cuz its just full of haters. I make a legitimate post about my opinion and you call me an idiot and whatever else. Anyone with a brain that looks at a game with a qb getting sacked 6 times, being blitzed and having the pocket close GOD only knows how many times would tell you there is no way the qb could do great under those conditions.

and no i dont think saunders plays are getting people open, the couple times it did happen they were blitzing, and thats part of the reason they got open. We couldnt handle the blitz at all last night.

Keep hating your own players, keep hating and booing your own players, keep being so quick to judge and blame the qb for everything. Hey blaming the qb for everything is what this town does best. Thanks for your intelligent responses. Reply with your flaming, thanks for reminding me why I dont post on these boards.

Saunders has yet to even open up the playbook to run most of his plays. Most of the playcalling last night seemed pretty generic and didn't include motion or complex formations. I think most of that was the result of our inability to pass block but it seemed like receivers were getting open but that Mark could not deliver the ball.

Saunders has produced in several different positions for various organizations. Brunell has never shown the ability to consistently floursih while Saunders has a very proven track record. I'm placing most of the blame on Brunell but I do think he could thrive if given ample pass protection. However, that's not going to get much better if we can't get Portis back to keep the defenses honest.

first of all i never said he wasnt part of the problem because he is, but not imo the biggest part. if your going to reply read my post dont skim through it and get ready to tell me why im wrong.

second off, all you people are so quick to abandon any player its pathetic. You would boo your own qb your own players. This is why i rarely post on this retarded ass board cuz its just full of haters. I make a legitimate post about my opinion and you call me an idiot and whatever else. Anyone with a brain that looks at a game with a qb getting sacked 6 times, being blitzed and having the pocket close GOD only knows how many times would tell you there is no way the qb could do great under those conditions.

and no i dont think saunders plays are getting people open, the couple times it did happen they were blitzing, and thats part of the reason they got open. We couldnt handle the blitz at all last night.

Keep hating your own players, keep hating and booing your own players, keep being so quick to judge and blame the qb for everything. Hey blaming the qb for everything is what this town does best. Thanks for your intelligent responses. Reply with your flaming, thanks for reminding me why I dont post on these boards.

How many sacks do you think a MOBILE QB could have avoided? I'm not talking a Vick type Qb, just one who can move laterally.

so it's ok to bash a coach but not a player who MISSED OPEN RECEIVERS?

gotcha. Don't come back now ya hear!

Archived