Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LaVar controversy beaten; Brunnell controversy will separate us

Skins4me

Last year the team pulled together despite the LaVar controversy that was a lasting saga all season and realized they didn't need him to win. Deep down inside LaVar knew it as well. They beat the distraction and had a respectable winning season.

This year the controversy will devide the team (mentally) if something is not done quickly. Unlike Lavar's situation the team can not pull togther and play around a QB controversy. Greg Williams drew a line in the sand and did what was best for the team. Unfortunitely it is time for Coach Gibbs to do the same.

LaVar and Mark will both always have a place in my Redskins heart, but it was time for LaVar to move on and it is now Mark's time as well. He was originally brought here to provide back up veteran experience, so we all thought, now is the time to utilize him for what he was intended for. Deep down inside, despite his desire to compete, I believe Mark knows that Jason can win with the cast that surrounds him.

I am not sure that we want to just throw Campbell in at this point. With so few snaps actually taken it would be a season we have to sacrafice while he gets timing down, game experience, etc.. Mark just needs to pull his head out & get in a grove with the weapons on offense that surround him.

All I know is that last night there was atleast 4 times moss beat the defender down the sidelines and brunnell could not get it to him. Why have all these weapons if you cannot get the ball to them.Whats up with throwing a duck to cooley in double coverage. Play Jason and see what happends. Something needs to change.

I am not sure that we want to just throw Campbell in at this point. With so few snaps actually taken it would be a season we have to sacrafice while he gets timing down, game experience, etc.. Mark just needs to pull his head out & get in a grove with the weapons on offense that surround him.

I used to think this way until last night.

I don't understand the logic of Campbell's inexperience being a deciding factor to keep him out of the game. I mean, how, exactly, does one get experience if he can't get in there because he has no experience?

I'm just asking for him to go in the starter for Houston. That's all. We'll take it from there.

']700 page pllaybook of new offense and you aren't willing to give Brunell a little time to get comfortable with it in game situations? I know you want results right now but that is asking a lot.

By the time he learns it, he might be retired. It'd be nice to see him take a shot downfield and let his playmakers make a play on the ball even if they aren't wide open once in a while.

I honestly don't see how anyone in their right mind could say that Brunell deserves to play. He is probably the worst starting QB in the NFL right now. He's making terrible decisions (yes, repeatedly "smartly" throwing the ball away is a terrible decision) and either cowers like a little biatch or runs away like a little girl at the first hint of pressure. I believe his standard drop back has become about 20 yards.

All those blaming this on the playbook need to start using a little common sense. The guy is washed up! Besides, Jason Campbell seems like a pretty smart fellow to me....I don't see any reason why he would have a worse grasp of the information that Brunell does.

Honestly, the talent they have at the offensive skill positions is ridiculous. If the offense isn't getting it done, I wouldn't blame it on the likes of Randle El, Cooley, Moss, and Lloyd. Hell, Lloyd played in SAN FRAN of all places and looked amazing catching passes from a rookie last year. You can't tell me that this is a "team" problem. This is a Brunell problem. Maybe Mario Williams will silence some critics next week and knock him out of the game. I can only hope the Skins can be so lucky. Mind you, I don't want the guy to get seriously injured or anything (I'm not that mean). However, I honestly don't think Gibbs will pull him or Brunell will pull himself, so unfortunately I see this as the only immediate option.

I dont think it really matters. If jason campbell gets in the game and stinks up the joint, then what then. What will everyone do then. Bring back ramsey.

He is going to when he eventually plays it is not a knock on Jason Campbell just a fact of life in the NFL when an inexperience's QB comes in the game.

But he will eventually have to play.

']700 page pllaybook of new offense and you aren't willing to give Brunell a little time to get comfortable with it in game situations? I know you want results right now but that is asking a lot.

See? Obviously a Giants fan, wants him in there. He freakin' sucks.

I used to think this way until last night.

I don't understand the logic of Campbell's inexperience being a deciding factor to keep him out of the game. I mean, how, exactly, does one get experience if he can't get in there because he has no experience?

I'm just asking for him to go in the starter for Houston. That's all. We'll take it from there.

got my vote

I dont think it really matters. If jason campbell gets in the game and stinks up the joint, then what then. What will everyone do then. Bring back ramsey.

We will take comfort in the fact that at least the poor QB play is productive in that it is providing experience to a guy on his way up as opposed to on his way out.

I mean cmon, is there any question that brunell is done??? Could it be more obvious? How many passes were there last night where the ball actually traveled more than 10 yards in the air and was not intercepted....i think i can remember....uh none. NOT ONE.

Can anyone on this board honestly sit there and tell me that Santana or Lloyd or ARE was not open once the entire game and that the cowboys D is that good???? Brunell is scared to throw it downfield because he has a noodle for an arm as evidenced by his interception to roy williams. He is a joke of a player and the worst starting QB in the league imo. No one else won't take at least one shot down field during an entire game.

The hell with that, he was stuggling last year, the man just can't get the ball deep. And he over threw the ball under threw the ball he did it all. And it is not Al Saunders, it is him.

I would rather have Jason in there learning from real situations and him having the arm to get the ball there and the legs to escape. Then to have a veteran that has the arm of my 10 year old daughter, the legs of Jerry Lewis stay in there just because "he's a class act" Let's face it, Mark Brunell's window has passed, even though his mind might say I can still do it, his physical gifts have gone. #8 sucks now, he had a decent season in spirts last year but in all honesty he hasn't had anything since he was in Jacksonville. Heck he even said his kids are Patrick Ramsey playing video games, that should tell you all something. Why are there so many people that can clearly see that the fire is hot but they still stick there hand in the flame? Both Brunell and Jansen seem to be the weak links folks......

Kind of off topic - but isn't it amazing how Lavar's name hasn't been mentioned once in New York? Has he completely disappeared? The Giants gave up 400+ yards to the Eagles. The Giants won more because of Philly blunders than because of anything their defense with all-world Lavar did. Also - related to the Ramsey-Brunell controversy from last year - Patrick's looked really good starting for the Jets hasn't he? Oops.

The Brunell-Campbell controversy will intensify - what's DC without a QB controversy? Brunell did look pretty bad but he did at this point last season as well. I hope he turns it around similar to last year.

We sent LaVar away - we sent Patrick away. They were controversial decisions, but look at what they've been doing in their new homes? Patrick is decidedly a backup and will likely never win a starting spot. LaVar has looked incredibly mediocre in NY - even the comentators were talking yesterday for several minutes at halftime about how ineffective he's been recently. If we traded Brunell away, I can't think of another team that would seriously consider bringing him in as a starting QB. So why are we? There's some kind of bizarre loyalty in the man here in Washington, but you know that few other teams would start him because he isn't the best talent. The coaches need to overcome this loyalty and treat him like a football player and not like a member of their family. Maybe Joe Gibbs is too nice of a guy, but there's no room for this type of sentimentalism in the NFL.

I'm pretty sure the team is already divided. I know I am not stupid, and I know the Skins players are not stupid either.

The Oline and RBs hold up their blocks only to have Brunell step right into the weak side of their seal - then fans cry foul on pass protection. Santana Moss, Cooley and lloyd get open every other play yet the ball is never thrown - the defenses are laughing at us as they stack the box, zone cover the flats and blitz 3 guys up the middle unabashadly because they know all they have to do is make sure that they trip up Ladell betts on the outside and they have no worries of a big play.

The fact that the cowboys weren't even attempting to scheme coverage on Lloyd and Moss and Cooley by the end was pathetic.

Brunell is the worst Starting QB in the NFL yet again. I don't know if I can watch them until he is benched.

My heart is broken - I am having nightmares of Sean Taylor demanding a trade like Champ Bailey, to us hanging on to overpriced defensive busts (well okay archuleta still can get better... but Carter should be cut today imo.)

I can't take it, that was the most pitiful display I've ever seen... well other than 2004.

How much do you want to bet that Lav Coles and Santana Moss were talking on the phone last night?

:( :doh: :( :doh:

Jason Campbell has upside. Brunell isn't gonna discover the fountain of youth. :2cents:

I am still amazed that people have a hard time seeing what you just said.

Not to mention I have seen more than enough of JC to know there is no way he would stink like Brunell. Interceptions? Maybe, who cares we looked like a powderpuff firedrill last night - it was EMBARASSING.

I am ashamed and heartbroken and I want to move on, I don't want to wait until JC is 27 years old to start him, if that is the case than drafting him was a huge mistake.

I don't think it is the case though. I hope Snyder steps in and puts his foot down today.

I can't believe a statement on Brunell's benching hasn't been released to the public yet.

Archived