Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An Idea.

Taylor 21

Lets say this week at Dallas, Brunell has a bad day or does not do very well. Below 50 completion %, picks, sacked alot and we lose the game. Wouldn't it be a good idea to start Jason Campbell the next week? The only reason im saying this is because, our Week 3 opponent is the Texans. Campbell will get some valuable experience against the texans which might help him get confidence and prepare him for the next game because of the texans bad defense. As he gets more playing time, he gets more experience. What do you guys think?

On a side note, If we werent playing the Texans in Week 3, I wouldnt have made this suggestion.

I am getting to the point where i think it is time to play JC also,let's see how

mark play's this week,if it is sub par i say go with the kid and take our lumps.

A lot of young qb's are playing well in this league,i am tired of hearing jc is not ready,well best way for him to get ready is to PLAY.

Wow you ask people a simple question and this is what they do. I never said he sucked, I know he was great last year, I never said our Season is over after one loss, I was simply suggesting something, I didnt know that was a crime.

Around here it is a crime when you suggest that Campbell start for a healthy Mark Brunell just based on two performances. Get used to it:)

Then he stays the starter... common sense. Notice how I said, IF he has a BAD day. By the way, this is not a Brunell bashing thread, I like Brunell, so chill out.

well, then whats the point of this? im mean, theres no reason for hypotheticals, just let it play out, and roll with.

With that said, I hope brunell picks apart the dallas defense this weekend and has a career day(we all know he needs it with portis out now)

Bad play or not I don't think the guy has a bad idea, maybe not start him but let mark put some points on the board, say the skins are leading by 10 at the half, Houston as been know to pack it in...they don't have a comeback offense....then bring in the kid and let's see what he's got??? The D will be licking their chops so it'll be a good test.

Good idea man, just maybe should've put the positive twist on it!!!

The season is just beginning and not many qbs last all 16 games health wise. Im sure JC will see some action; we dont want JC getting pounded like Ramsey was just because Brunnell has a bad day.

Once you start JC, or for that matter Collins, under those conditions then youre saying he's the qb the team has confidence in and are committed to...

:2cents:

Bad play or not I don't think the guy has a bad idea, maybe not start him but let mark put some points on the board, say the skins are leading by 10 at the half, Houston as been know to pack it in...they don't have a comeback offense....then bring in the kid and let's see what he's got??? The D will be licking their chops so it'll be a good test.

Good idea man, just maybe should've put the positive twist on it!!!

:feedback:

Lets say this week at Dallas, Brunell has a bad day or does not do very well. Below 50 completion %, picks, sacked alot and we lose the game. Wouldn't it be a good idea to start Jason Campbell the next week? The only reason im saying this is because, our Week 3 opponent is the Texans. Campbell will get some valuable experience against the texans which might help him get confidence and prepare him for the next game because of the texans bad defense. As he gets more playing time, he gets more experience. What do you guys think?

On a side note, If we werent playing the Texans in Week 3, I wouldnt have made this suggestion.

Great idea! I will run it by Joe and see if he is interested:doh:

Archived