Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Different year, same problems.

BDOG510

These things have plaqued the Redskins since Gibbs returned.

1) Stupid play calling.

2) Anemic offense.

3) Inability to score in the red zone.

4) weak QB play.

5) weak FG kicker.

Last year our defense was able to keep us in the game, this year we have holes in it.

Iam so sick of this sh** Huge expectations every year only to be let down again and again.

YOU CANT BUY A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM DAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOM CRUISE IS NOT GONNA HELP YOU DAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JOE looks bewildered :doh:

We are in for a long miserable year. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Wow...one loss by 3 points and the ship is already getting jumpers.

By the way, the offense looks leap years ahead of what it looked like in the first game vs. the Bears last season, the difference is that we were playing a team with the one of the worse offenses in the league with a rookie QB making his first start in that first game last year so that went a long way in us pulling that one out.

I agree with the original poster. Except I would say that nothing has really changed with this team since the Gibbs 1 era. We've got lots of hype in the offseason and not enough guts and gridiron in the regular season.

I think Gibbs has gone soft--not uncommon for an older man who has had lots of success. But soft doesn't cut it in the NFL, especially not in today's NFL, where the guys are very highly paid and not in constant fear of being fired.

By the way, the offense looks leap years ahead of what it looked like in the first game vs. the Bears last season, the difference is that we weren't playing a team with the one of the worse offenses in the league in that first game last year.

Yeah I'm sure the Bears defense... that managed to get the Bears offense into the playoffs, had something to do with that. The Vikings are not the Bears on defense, it's not even close.

By the way, the offense looks leap years ahead of what it looked like in the first game vs. the Bears last season, the difference is that we weren't playing a team with the one of the worse offenses in the league in that first game last year.

I agree. I think you can find hope in some of the things we were able to do last night. We just ran into a team that was very well prepared and matched up very well against us, that didn't make the stupid mistakes that could have swung the momentum in our way. The Vikes quick strike passing game seemed to make getting pressure tougher, and it helped them that our secondary is patchwork right now. Next week when we beat Dallas (who WILL make the mistakes that Minnesota didn't make), I hope these people will step back off of the ledge.

1) Stupid play calling.

2) Anemic offense.

4) weak QB play.

5) weak FG kicker.

Last year our defense was able to keep us in the game, this year we have holes in it.

Iam so sick of this sh** Huge expectations every year only to be let down again and again.

So it is safe to assume you thought our season last year was over and your favorite team was in for a miserable 2nd half at 5-6 correct?

don't post anymore until we are in the playoffs please. at least then you will have found a clue.

1) Stupid play calling.

2) Anemic offense.

4) weak QB play.

5) weak FG kicker.

If you feel that we are in for a miserable year after the FIRST game, then you need to stop watching football this season.

the offense looks leap years ahead of what it looked like in the first game vs. the Bears last season,

I don't know which game you were watching. Not the one I saw.

The offense was horrible, outside of a few plays. Worst of all is that they lost the toughness game--as they have all season. They were outmuscled, manhandled. THAT, more than anything, is the worst sign.

Smash mouth is what has worked in D.C. because in the end it's what works in football. Your trick plays will only take you so far. All the movement in the world will only take you so far. If your O line can't win the battle, you're sunk.

The offense stunk.

The jury is still out on this team and no one should give up. However, I have tried to make the point all offseason that this team has a lot of new faces in very key positions. Positions that are not going to gel overnight or even in one entire season. Last night you saw the best free agent from the 06 class, unfortunately he played for the Vikings. You also saw a team that had drafted depth at key positions like safety and defensive line. The fact is the Vikings are what the Redskins want to be. They are a tough team with a veteran QB who got the job done late in the game. They went out and got one big piece in the offseason, not five large pieces, some in positions we didn't need.

Give this team a season. I know we have waited a long time, I know people had high hopes this season. This team is not ready yet. If Dan Snyder and the front office can resist the urge to spend this offseason and keep the unit together this team will prosper down the road. This is not the year, it is too soon and thing have to come together. It will happen, it will.

By the way, the offense looks leap years ahead of what it looked like in the first game vs. the Bears last season, the difference is that we were playing a team with the one of the worse offenses in the league with a rookie QB making his first start in that first game last year so that went a long way in us pulling that one out.

This is amazing...you'd think the Skins were coached by Spurrier again. One game does not a season make.

All those that want off the ship, see ya. And don't come back when they start winning. The team lost to a very underrated Vikings team without two of their best players, and had every shot to win that game. They didn't get it done, it happens.

I agree. I think you can find hope in some of the things we were able to do last night. We just ran into a team that was very well prepared and matched up very well against us, that didn't make the stupid mistakes that could have swung the momentum in our way.

I beg your pardon. If the Vikes' mediocre receivers had not let touchdown passes fall through their hands, we would have been routed, not just beaten.

Brad Johnson exalted after his last TD pass because the guy actually held on to his perfectly thrown pass.

I think Gibbs has gone soft--not uncommon for an older man who has had lots of success.

Dude, whatever...did we look soft last year at the end of the season. Did we look soft when we pushed the top seed in the Playoffs at their house? Give me a break. Gibbs may seem soft on the outside, but the man is all warrior on the inside.

Yeah I'm sure the Bears defense... that managed to get the Bears offense into the playoffs, had something to do with that. The Vikings are not the Bears on defense, it's not even close.

Yes, the Bears D is great, but the Bears O line is also not the what the Vikings have on their O line either.

Kyle Orton is not even a poor man's Brad Johnson.

1) Stupid play calling.

2) Anemic offense.

4) weak QB play.

5) weak FG kicker.

You were right until you started throwing Snyder under the bus. It's not his fault with the free agents. The coaches are the ones that recommend to him who they want to bring in. He just cuts the check. You need to redirect your anger to the coaching staff buddy. I have my issues with Snyder sometimes but this isn't one of them.

-Hall isn't reliable like in the past

-O-line can't give Brunell time to drop back

-D-line looked putrid except C. Griffin and a little bit of Golston

-Play calling was questionable a couple times, not all the time

-Red zone opportunites, you got to come away with 6 when you're in there (no brainer)

-Secondary looks weak, Rogers is very prone to double moves

I was expecting a better showing from our boys tonight. I'm like you i'm tired of the hype of a big season and when the season comes we lay a fat egg. That's why I don't get all excited for the season like I used to. I'm just numb to it all now.

This is amazing...you'd think the Skins were coached by Spurrier again. One game does not a season make.

All those that want off the ship, see ya. And don't come back when they start winning. The team lost to a very underrated Vikings team without two of their best players, and had every shot to win that game. They didn't get it done, it happens.

Right on...I'm too tired to debate with the jumpers anymore. If they want off, they're more than welcome...don't expect any life jackets to be thrown out to you though.

You were right until you started throwing Snyder under the bus. It's not his fault with the free agents. The coaches are the ones that recommend to him who they want to bring in. He just cuts the check.

:laugh: I can't believe it took untill the 2nd page of the thread for someone to say this. - All Snyder does is gives the coaches whatever they ask for - I'm not sure how it's his fault the teamed played like crap.

Yes, the Bears D is great, but the Bears O line is also not the what the Vikings have on their O line either.

Kyle Orton is not even a poor man's Brad Johnson.

You think the Vikings will win that division? I don't. A bad Vikings defense took our "upgraded offense" and made it look pathetic. Pathetic. Even if we won by 3 - I was still going to be PO'd about what I saw from the offense. I watch a lot of football and I know bad when I see it.

Had the Cowboys done what we did last night we'd all be ripping them for it. We'd be laughing and saying their offense was a big joke and laughing at them for failing time and time again in the redzone and letting a weak Viking team beat them at home. We all know it. We can move on and enjoy Dallas week but let's not sugar coat the turd that was last night performance. It was flat out terrible.

One game does not a season make, but at home, against the Vikings, who have a brand new coach and a re-made team, we should have won. Now we're headed into Dallas who is just waiting to kill us after last year's thrilling last-minute Redskin victory. I'm not too optimistic.

It also bothers me that we can't seem to make long passes. Remember the beauties to Monk and Clark and Sanders? I don't think we'll see days like that until Campbell is ready.

And another thing: the Special Teams have sucked since Gibbs returned, and this is Danny Smith's fault. Why is that guy still around?

I live around Philly. Danny Smith was Ray Rhodes special team's coach for the Eagles, and those special teams always stunk. I was suprised when I found out he was the coach for the Redskins. After his stay in Philly, I alway thought he'd be out of the NFL at least. I think he needs to go.

I live around Philly. Danny Smith was Ray Rhodes special team's coach for the Eagles, and those special teams always stunk. I was suprised when I found out he was the coach for the Redskins. After his stay in Philly, I alway thought he'd be out of the NFL at least. I think he needs to go.

I have always thought that he stunk. I never understood why Gibbs brought him in or, more importantly, kept him.

Gibbs is CEO now. There are no excuses when it comes to keeping mediocre talent at the coaching level.

You think the Vikings will win that division? I don't. A bad Vikings defense took our "upgraded offense" and made it look pathetic. Pathetic. Because I have to tell you, even if we won by 3 - I was still going to be PO'd about what I saw from the offense. I watch a lot of football and I know bad when I see it.

So you're giving all the blame to the Redskins play and no credit to how the Vikings played? That makes sense. And yes, the Vikes will give the Bears a run for their money for the division or at least another wild card run.

I have always thought that he stunk. I never understood why Gibbs brought him in or, more importantly, kept him.

Gibbs is CEO now. There are no excuses when it comes to keeping mediocre talent at the coaching level.

If I remember correctly Greg Williams brought him along. Sort of like a package deal if he was coming to DC to be our Def Coordinator.

Archived