Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Different year, same problems.

BDOG510

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not in panick mode but there are some questions about this team. Hopefully, we will gel sooner than later and last nights lost will mean nothing. We need Springs back ASAP or a good pass rusher. Yes, we stop the run well at times but no pressure on the QB even when the DB's covered the receivers, I'm just glad Troy williamson can't catch or it might have been bad. I definitely agree with the need to score TD's in the redzone and the play calling.

I know Joe Gibbs has given up the play calling but he shouldn't have forgotten the philosophy of going for the kill. The team we saw last night had exactly the same mentallity as the team from early last season. We get up at the half and don't come out and step on the throats. Joe Gibbs and Gregg Williams are at fault for that, but it comes back to my point. They are having to reitterate this philosophy to new guys at key positions, time will heal if time is given. Unfortunately for now we look like the team that played that three game stretch with the Raiders, Bucs and Chargers last year. Last year we salvaged something but this year we aren't sneaking up on anybody, this year our schedule in December is no cupcake, this year the Eagles are hungry and have a lot of talent, this year the Cowboys aren't looking to be swepty by us, this year we aren't starting out 3-0.

Well This team and players is built around Joe Gibbs and his offense and now they're having to learn another one and they just look totally out of sync. Guess we'll have to wait and see if bringing in Al Saunders was a good idea or not. From the looks of last night I would have rather seen Joe running things and using our personnel correctly. Gregg Williams and Danny Smith have their work cut out for them also and last night was the first time I've seen Gibbs in Williams ear during a game! Gibbs was very frustrated with the whole damn thing last night that's for sure...

IT'S ONLY ONE GAME.

Everyone needs to relax. Sure, the offense didn't score 35 points. But anyone who thought we were going to light it up from the get-go was delusional. It's going to take about a month for the offense to really get going. As Riggo has said numerous times, with a new offense being installed, the Skins' benchmark is to be no worse than 4-4 after the first 8 games. If that happens, and the offense starts to click, then they can roll into the playoffs. Even if the Skins lose next week, it's not the end of the world. There are a thousand different paths to the playoffs, but almost all of them involve winning games in November and December -- that is when the men are seperated from the boys.

IT'S ONLY ONE GAME.

I don't know where you've been, but it's NOT ONLY ONE GAME. This is a team that stunk up the preseason, got manhandled just as they did last night, and exhibited the same characteristics that have had us in last-minute hell for the past six years.

So where you come off with this "only one game" stuff is beyond me.

I guess next week you'll be back with "it's only two games," etc., etc.

So where you come off with this "only one game" stuff is beyond me.

You're kidding, right? So I guess the Panthers are done? The Broncos? The Bucs? The Cowboys? Give me a break. All the people crying about the game last night are the same ones who will be booking hotels in Miami if the Skins beat Dallas next week.

Did everyone forget that the Brad Johnson-led Vikings won 6 games in a row last year and were in the wild card chase up until Week 16? And now they have a much improved O-line and a system that seemed to work in Philly for 3 straight trips to the NFC Championship Game....I'm not sure where some of you get the idea that Minnesota is a bad team.

I just remember people saying the same thing about the Bears game last year, and look where they ended up.

Minnesota is better than some people are giving them credit for.

That doesn't excuse some of the stuff I saw last night, tho.

Jason

These things have plaqued the Redskins since Gibbs returned.

1) Stupid play calling.

2) Anemic offense.

3) Inability to score in the red zone.

4) weak QB play.

5) weak FG kicker.

Last year our defense was able to keep us in the game, this year we have holes in it.

Iam so sick of this sh** Huge expectations every year only to be let down again and again.

YOU CANT BUY A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM DAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOM CRUISE IS NOT GONNA HELP YOU DAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JOE looks bewildered :doh:

We are in for a long miserable year. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

you are the kind of fan that pisses every real redskins fan off. What the hell are you thinking saying that you are sick of this sh**. Who are you? The defense played decently well as did the offense. Just stupid penalties and not-smart plays cost us the game. Gibbs and Co. will get it fixed. Till then, shut your mouth.

you are the kind of fan that pisses every real redskins fan off. What the hell are you thinking saying that you are sick of this sh**. Who are you? The defense played decently well as did the offense. Just stupid penalties and not-smart plays cost us the game. Gibbs and Co. will get it fixed. Till then, shut your mouth.

And you know what playing decently well on offense and defense gets you? A 19-16 loss.

Who knows, maybe the Vikings will turn out to be a pretty good team this year. I could actually see them surprising some people in the NFC North.

These things have plaqued the Redskins since Gibbs returned.

1) Stupid play calling.

2) Anemic offense.

3) Inability to score in the red zone.

4) weak QB play.

5) weak FG kicker.

Last year our defense was able to keep us in the game, this year we have holes in it.

Iam so sick of this sh** Huge expectations every year only to be let down again and again.

YOU CANT BUY A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM DAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOM CRUISE IS NOT GONNA HELP YOU DAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JOE looks bewildered :doh:

We are in for a long miserable year. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Feel better now? got all that BS rant outta ya? Do you think you can watch the other 15 GAMES remaining in this season, now?? Sheesh!!

Actually, I thought offensive execution was pretty good. It was the playcalling that was ugly. Why sign a bunch of WRs and not use them?

Jason

I can see your point, and honestly, I think it was a comination of the two. The O-line needs to do its job on any play that's called, and I just didn't see them doing that when we were in the red zone, it seemed like Minny was in the backfield a lot when we were on the verge of getting 6.

I can see your point, but the O-line needs to do its job on any play that's called, and I just didn't see them doing that when we were in the red zone, it seemed like Minny was in the backfield a lot when we were on the verge of getting 6.

I agree with this. The O-line play is still shaky. I'm not sure why, since these are the same guys who were here last year.

Jason

I agree with this. The O-line play is still shaky. I'm not sure why, since these are the same guys who were here last year.

Jason

I thought the O-line did ok - they got some push on running plays and did ok in pass protection - I think you're underrating the Minny D-line - they are very good. Brunell was hurried but not sacked. Wasn't hit a whole lot either.

I think the biggest concern for me is the play of the DBs. I don't know what happened there but Rogers looked horrid. Rumph did ok after getting burnt for the 1st big play. Wright was wrong - he didn't look very good to me. We need Springs back ASAP!

All-in-all the Vikings looked real good. I was throughly impressed.

Jason

Definitely shaky. How much of this do you attribute to the new offensive system? I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll start gelling eventually. Hopefully we can grab a couple of W's before they get it together.

Without reading all the responses to this ridiculous thread I'm glad you don't represent the essense of a skins' fan.

And btw, we were money in the redzone last year and had no problem scoring points at around week 3 and beyond. Get a grip.

So you stopped watching the skins in the playoffs right?

So you stopped watching the skins in the playoffs right?

And remember who was banged up at that time? That's right Clinton Portis. And they were starting Corey Raymer at guard - anyone pick him up?

People seem to forget the 5 straight games of 100 yard days by CP and a 28 pts per game average...

Screw you, you snot nosed punk! I was a Redskin fan when your momma was wiping your A**!

I call a spade a spade. Bad is Bad and there is alot of that going around Redskinsville these days.

Different year- same problems. I knew when we refused to get a quality QB in the off season that we would be pissing in the wind this year.

Screw you, you snot nosed punk! I was a Redskin fan when your momma was wiping your A**!

I call a spade a spade. Bad is Bad and there is alot of that going around Redskinsville these days.

Different year- same problems. I knew when we refused to get a quality QB in the off season that we would be pissing in the wind this year.

Please everyone, remember forum rule #5.

At this point in the season, I don't see any other choice here...there's no way they can overcome an 0-1 start....

GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD!!!!

250px-Knot-hangmans-noose.jpg

Archived