Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where was duckett ?!?!?!?! [Merged]

3rd Generation Die Hard

I don't get it....I sat in that stadium just waiting for Duckett to get his shot....what the heck was the deal?

I will never question having Portis in there because he is a primetime back in the NFL...but Betts??? Come on...he is a third down back at best!

Also...You hit the 10 yard line you put in the big fella and watch him roll.

Just ask Alge Crumpler, the TE in ATLANTA how much he liked Duckett in the red zone. Fake to Duckett...the defense collapses down and a little play action to a WIDE OPEN Tight End!!!

So let's see...Duckett went from a #2 running back in Atlanta getting 10 touches a game and ALL the carries inside the 10....to a #3 back that doesn't even sniff the field.

I guess this just shows he was brought in for insurance only for Portis and his injury...but if that is the case then they should turn around and trade him to Pittsburgh for a #3 or a #4.

Just stupid if you ask me!

We only dress 3 RBs and Duckett was the odd man out. He doesn't know the offense and for some God forsaking reason Gibbs thought it was more important to have Rock doing kick returns

wait a second...is that serious...I've heard a couple people mention that...but no freakin' way that is correct

DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB

I don't know about you guys but i'm just thrilled that we have given up another draft pick, this time a 3rd rounder, for a guy that I guess we don't even intend on playing.

Tell me we atleast still have our 1st Rd pick for 07? Because after tonight and looking at our scheduel we might be picking in the top 10.

oh, and don't forget that we have to swap our 1st rounder with Denver... sweet move, FO! DUMB DUMB DUMB

You can put me on the record: Duckett should have equal time with Portis. He's that good.

I don't get it....I sat in that stadium just waiting for Duckett to get his shot....what the heck was the deal?

I will never question having Portis in there because he is a primetime back in the NFL...but Betts??? Come on...he is a third down back at best!

Also...You hit the 10 yard line you put in the big fella and watch him roll.

Just ask Alge Crumpler, the TE in ATLANTA how much he liked Duckett in the red zone. Fake to Duckett...the defense collapses down and a little play action to a WIDE OPEN Tight End!!!

So let's see...Duckett went from a #2 running back in Atlanta getting 10 touches a game and ALL the carries inside the 10....to a #3 back that doesn't even sniff the field.

I guess this just shows he was brought in for insurance only for Portis and his injury...but if that is the case then they should turn around and trade him to Pittsburgh for a #3 or a #4.

Just stupid if you ask me!

Yes, after the bogus kick- the camera screened-in over to Duckette and you could see that he particularly too fond of being on the sidelines on 4th and 1.

Just think, with all of the shifting that they were doing- could they have put Duckett in there to be a decoy and then ran an option pass to Portis!

If you think about it, we didn't really have many 3rd-and-short or goalline situations. Most of our 3rd downs were medium or long distance situations. That's the only reason I can think of for him not being in there . . . well, that and he's still learning the playbook.

If you think about it, we didn't really have many 3rd-and-short or goalline situations. Most of our 3rd downs were medium or long distance situations. That's the only reason I can think of for him not being in there . . . well, that and he's still learning the playbook.

I'm sorry, I just don't buy the learning the playbook excuse...

uh, run right, dude....

This is bull****. You dont need to know the playbook to run the ball in from the 4 yard line. Betts has once again showed that he sucks major ass. I hope the coaches learned their lesson and next year Betts is the 3rd-4th guy and Duckett is option no.2. Hell last time Cartwright saw playing time, he played better than Betts. I really hope we trade Betts. PLEASE TRADE BETTS!

Just for the record...I am NOT saying the Duckett is as good as Portis...as mentioned above...on the flipside...I AM saying that Duckett is 5 times the RB that Betts and is 2.2 yrd avg.

Also...you are right....there weren't many 3rd and 1 situations...b/c BETTS didn't pick up enough yards on 1st and 2nd down.

However I disagree with you about not having chances near the endzone.

Look at Atlanta film from the last 4 years...they hit the 10 yard line and Duckett goes in...which means either a DUCKETT TD...or a TD pass on play action to the TE (crumpler...or now cooley)

Where was the Sledge Hammer when we needed him? I don't understand the logic behind trading draft picks for a guy that you are not going to use. It was a total dissapointment not to see him in there in goal line situations. I thought he was going to be our Gerald Riggs, instead he was MIA.

You're right. I'm sorry but with Portis and Duckett, we don't need Cartwright at all, and we may not need Betts. In any case, Portis and Duckett should split time.

This is bull****. You dont need to know the playbook to run the ball in from the 4 yard line. Betts has once again showed that he sucks major ass. I hope the coaches learned their lesson and next year Betts is the 3rd-4th guy and Duckett is option no.2. Hell last time Cartwright saw playing time, he played better than Betts. I really hope we trade Betts. PLEASE TRADE BETTS!

Many of our coaching staff have said over and over how important each season game is these days, yet everyone keeps saying were holding back everytime we lose. Dalllas might be more important to us because its a rival but when it comes to the big picture a win again Min as the same as a win against dallas. Pretty rediculous to hold things back (besides hurt players) when were not near the playoffs and it was very close game.

Archived