Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where was duckett ?!?!?!?! [Merged]

3rd Generation Die Hard

Who cares about Ducket WHERE WAS PORTIS!

In the endzone, and then taking care of his injury. That is where Portis was. Brunell didnt utilize Cooley, plain and simple. When he did throw at Cooley it was to throw the ball away and Brunell didnt give Cooley a catchable ball.

I'm sorry, I just don't buy the learning the playbook excuse...

uh, run right, dude....

. . . except if you audible out of it because the safety's crowding the line, in which case we'll audible to the pass to the weak side and Duckett's is then assigned to pick up the outside blitzer on the strong side . . .

It's not high school. There's a little more to NFL plays than "run right, dude."

. . . except if you audible out of it because the safety's crowding the line, in which case we'll audible to the pass to the weak side and Duckett's is then assigned to pick up the outside blitzer on the strong side . . .

It's not high school. There's a little more to NFL plays than "run right, dude."

Umm.. he was referring to the goal line carries dude, in which case it is run right for 2 yds. touchdown. Oh and i never ever guess gibbs but.... rock at kr? i was very sad to see that. I bet duckett plays next week. He didnt have much time to learn the plays so maybe they figured give him 2 wks to learn the dallass gameplan.

I don't know about you guys but i'm just thrilled that we have given up another draft pick, this time a 3rd rounder, for a guy that I guess we don't even intend on playing.

Tell me we atleast still have our 1st Rd pick for 07? Because after tonight and looking at our scheduel we might be picking in the top 10.

We do, but if we do worse than denver we switch our first round picks. So we could end up towards the end even if we suck.

If you think about it, we didn't really have many 3rd-and-short or goalline situations. Most of our 3rd downs were medium or long distance situations. That's the only reason I can think of for him not being in there . . . well, that and he's still learning the playbook.

Ok, maybe he has to learn the book, BUT it doesnt take a rocket scientist to throw his body and gain a yard or two. 4 and 1 AND YOU PLACE THE ENTIRE GAME ON JOHN FRIGGIN HALL?!?!?! How about Ducket pounding for the first, a spike, and then the kick or maybe and additional play to at least get hall some sort of respectable field position, why the hell are we paying saunders all this money if he doesnt see basic s*&^ like this, maybe im overreacting but come on you go out and acquire this punishing RB and dont even use him in a situation that he thrives in RIDICULOUS:doh:

Ok, maybe he has to learn the book, BUT it doesnt take a rocket scientist to throw his body and gain a yard or two. 4 and 1 AND YOU PLACE THE ENTIRE GAME ON JOHN FRIGGIN HALL?!?!?! How about Ducket pounding for the first, a spike, and then the kick or maybe and additional play to at least get hall some sort of respectable field position, why the hell are we paying saunders all this money if he doesnt see basic s*&^ like this, maybe im overreacting but come on you go out and acquire this punishing RB and dont even use him in a situation that he thrives in RIDICULOUS:doh:

Duckett would've been a non-factor at the end of the game. We had no time outs and even if Duckett picks up the first down you have to quickly spike the ball and there's no way you have time for an extra play........Hall's sorry leg would still have to make a 45+ yarder.

But I was puzzled at not using Duckett inside the 5. Someone mentioned that you could only play 3 RBs....is this true? If so, maybe they feel Rock is too valuable on special teams to leave inactive, but if this were the case and knowing that Portis was available, perhaps Betts should've been the odd man out.

We need a sledgehammer inside the 5, and we also need a guy who can make long FGs. Last year's game was eerily reminiscent of the 2000 game against Philly, where we couldn't get into the end zone from the 3 in six downs (due to Stephen Davis being injured) and Steady Eddie Murray was short from 45 yards at the end.

Duckett with Sellars blocking, two tight ends and an extra tackle...seems like you could squeeze out 6 yards in 3 carries. I know it is old school and maybe not in the 700 page play book but you don't always need 14 set shifts with people going in all directions. JG made a career out of counter tre and those backs didn't have half the beef. By my count Sellars plus Duckett is over 520 pounds...and that is just the running backs.

We need to get Duckett in this offense and fast. With Portis declaring he's 101% then we don't need Rock. If the three back max active list is the truth, Betts returns kickoffs, Portis is the featured back, and Duckett gets the short yard situations and most of the goalline ones, hell line him up as a second fullback and he can run or block along with Sellers.

Either way, Portis and Duckett should be sharing carries, not Betts...he showed he can't create when the o-line is getting pushed back last night. Obviously that unit needs to play better but at least Portis could still find ways to pick up yards when he got the ball.

i too thought that saunders might have gotten alittle too cute for his own good. for all the motion and recievers and plays, sometimes you've just got to strap it on and beat the guy in front of you.and nothing fires up a o-line like blocking for a td. :dallasuck :2cents:

Archived