Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To all the Hall Bashers.....

desertfox59

personally I'd rather see him miss a field goal wide left than short like last year when he was hurt. He had plenty of leg on that kick which I was pleasantly surprised about. Honestly how many of you thought he would make it? He did better than I expected.

what about putting the blame on Randel El? he stepped out 1 yard short of the 1st down marker. If he heads up field, its 1st down with 20 seconds left. plenty of time to spike the ball and take one shot down field for a closer attempt or a shot at the endzone to WIN the game not TIE. and then kick if that didn't work out.

If Moss were any kind of receiver, he would have held onto that ball in the back of the end zone, and we wouldn't have needed a last-second FG to tie.

Now, I don't mean that. Moss is a great receiver. And I'm not posting to defend Hall, because I agree that he should have made the kick and he's not automatic like a Moseley or a Lohmiller. We probably oughta find a new kicker, and probably punter while we're at it.

But it's still a team game, and the team suffered breakdowns in pretty much all areas last night that contributed to the loss.

It's really not right to blame the punctuation mark when the sentence wasn't very well written.

If Moss were any kind of receiver, he would have held onto that ball in the back of the end zone, and we wouldn't have needed a last-second FG to tie.

Now, I don't mean that. Moss is a great receiver. And I'm not posting to defend Hall, because I agree that he should have made the kick and he's not automatic like a Moseley or a Lohmiller. We probably oughta find a new kicker, and probably punter while we're at it.

But it's still a team game, and the team suffered breakdowns in pretty much all areas last night that contributed to the loss.

It's really not right to blame the punctuation mark when the sentence wasn't very well written.

I said to myself that Moss needed to hold on to that, but it was a good hit on him mid air. What would Halls excuse be? "Oh, i hurt my hamstring," No wait, that was last season, and the season before that. Yeah he put the blame on himself, AND RIGHTFULLY SO! John Hall gets paid 1.5 million dollars to make the hard kicks and he doesnt make them. He is overpaid and an underachiever. He does not deserve his paycheck. 27 yard field goals... laughable. Go to your nearest school and try kicking a 27 yard field goal. It isnt hard.

TWO WORDS: MASON CROSBY.

Kicker from Colorado. Guy is money. Redskins, pass go, don't use your first pick on anything else but this guy. Screw the other position needs. We give away draft picks anyway and go out and get free agents at other positions, so why not get the best kicker in college ball. If we don't draft this guy next year, our front office doesn't have a clue. This guy booms 60 yards with his left foot, and he is a natural right footer.

I have two points:

1. the guy scored more than half of our points.

2. Take a look at the hold on that 48 yarder the ball was tilted at a funny angle not straight up and down that's why it hooked left. Blame who ever held the ball.

CALL IT THE 2ND GAME ON MNF SYNDROME...NO OT NEEDED!!! :laugh:

That's right, and even though he would have made it, it would have only tied the game.

Frost angles the ball like the kicker wants it. It isn't Frost's call as to how much angle is on it. Bubba's pick of the hold looks good.

Yes it does. I only had one shot to look at the hold with no rewind or DVR. I thought that it was tipped the other way, to the left. I stand corrected.

I wouldn't be surprised if desertfox was John Hall trying to justify the fact that he made 3 FG's from 27 yards and in, yet an NFL kicker can't make a 47 yarder.

There is no justification. I'm not John Hall. I'm just a fan who hates to see the terrible bashing one guy has to take for overall team fubar patheticness.

the hold was good

TV2006091206002300.jpg

Never let it be said that the desertfox59 can't admit when he is wrong. I here by stand corrected. Thank you bubba for the pic. :)

This exposes the real reason for the miss....Halls plant foot is pointed to far to the left of the goal posts. Good hold Frost.

Hall should be fired immediately...Just go for two each time and never kick field goals...Joe!!! Can you tell I am frustrated...The bum cost me $1000 bucks last year when he shanked his last kick in Seattle and the skins didn't cover the 9 1/2 points and now he starts out the season with Wide Wide Left! Instead of giving all that money to Randle El to return punts we should have gotten Mr. Adam V. :doh:

I guess it was frost who was the holder. Frost had a decent game with the exception of that one punt. I was ready to have him cut once I saw that first punt. The kickoffs were terrible though. We really need to do a lot better than that. I think that we should bring in someone to sort of push hall. He has really been injury riddled since his second/third year being here.

Blame ARE for not running the route past the first down yard marker. I agree, I wanted Hall cut this year, and thought Vinateri would have been worth every penny.

It seemed no on else thought a kicker was worth that kind of money. Any second thoughts now??? Hall's kick was atrotious, there is no excuse for missing that badly. I would have liked to see the offense know where the 1st down was though. To leave that yard on the field was a dagger.

I am one of the happier fans in here with the best out look.

Hall though needs to go hes always injured and he isnt what he once was.

Bring in Novak! The kid is clutch

I agree. I would rather take my chances with Novak. He should be brought in this week at least. The last thing we need is to lose to Dallas (and we all know how messed up their kicker situation is)

Look, John Hall can't make a 48 yard kick. He can't. Period.

Of course he can. They showed him making a 52 yarder before the game. He just needs to do it in the game.

Hall should be fired immediately...Just go for two each time and never kick field goals...Joe!!! Can you tell I am frustrated...The bum cost me $1000 bucks last year when he shanked his last kick in Seattle and the skins didn't cover the 9 1/2 points and now he starts out the season with Wide Wide Left! Instead of giving all that money to Randle El to return punts we should have gotten Mr. Adam V. :doh:

Do you have a gambling problem?

Since we had him the first time, I've been in the camp of Nick Novak. The guy's kicks inspired confidence, and now he is a free agent again after the Cardinals went with Rackers. I guess Gibbs prefers Hall because he's a veteran, but what good is a veteran if he can't make the kicks? From watching his body language, etc., I really feel like Hall doubts himself somehow, which is no help at all for a kicker.

I agree. I am reluctant to criticize Gibbs, since his track record is over a billion times better than mine. Still, I had little confidence Hall would make that kick. All the offseason concern (at least on here) about the kicking game, and wouldn't you know it that it bites us in week 1. Of course, if we had gone for it on 4th and didn't get it, Gibbs would have been skewered on sports radio, but that doesn't matter. Sending Hall out there from 48, we might as well have sent him out there from 68.

I think Novak did everything expected of him last time.

He held all those records at Maryland, and except for the blocked kick, which I don't blame on him, he hit everything for the Skins. Was it one or two game winners?

I'm from Charlottesville, so call me a homer. But I would LOVE to see Novak back in a Redskins jersey.

why are people trying to throw other players under the bus to save face for Hall?

Yeah, the D shouldnt have given up so many 3rd conversions, penalties, dropped ball, the wind shouldnt have been allowed to blow so much, the Earth was rotating too fast, etc, etc. All those players have their own buses to deal with and rightfully so.

But none of that has to do with Hall missing a field goal a reliable kicker will make when its needed.

Regardless of what anyone else did or didnt do, Hall missed the kick and has looked terrible since the beginning of pre-season. He is no longer a reliable kicker, you simply cant count on him.

When I saw that he was going to try and kick the 48 yarder, I rolled my eyes and said "oh great, here we go" :pooh:. I had zero confidence in his ability. Why? Because for the past 2 years he hasnt been even close to a clutch kicker. Due to injury, yeah, but thats irrelevant. Either he can do it or not. Hes currently a Not.

Archived