Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To all the Hall Bashers.....

desertfox59

Yes, let's all forget all the ****ty performances he's had since he's got here.

As for having scored half of our points, if he EVER misses a 22-yard kick he should just be executed on the sidelines. He should never miss any of those short-ass kicks he hit tonight. Do you have any idea how much we are paying this guy?

As for the 47-yarder, I can name you five guys right now who could make that with their eyes closed, and almost every kicker in the league at least has a shot at it. Not Hall. How could you honestly think in your heart he would hit that? I could almost sense the combined anxiety of all Redskins fans worldwide, with all of us simultaneously knowing he would **** up.

Yes, he sucks. Please don't defend him. It makes me sick.

Dude - the holder is supposed to hold the ball at a slight angle pointing towards the kicker. ...and Frost holds.

Yes...I understand...if looking from the side....but the points are supposed to be at right angles when you are looking from the kickers pov. they weren't. They about 70 degrees.

...before I blame frost I'd have to take a closer look at the snap....too. Didn't get a good look at that.

']Yes' date=' let's all forget all the ****ty performances he's had since he's got here.

As for having scored half of our points, if he EVER misses a 22-yard kick he should just be executed on the sidelines. He should never miss any of those short-ass kicks he hit tonight. Do you have any idea how much we are paying this guy?

As for the 47-yarder, I can name you five guys right now who could make that with their eyes closed, and almost every kicker in the league at least has a shot at it. Not Hall. How could you honestly think in your heart he would hit that? I could almost sense the combined anxiety of all Redskins fans worldwide, with all of us simultaneously knowing he would **** up.

Yes, he sucks. Please don't defend him. It makes me sick.[/quote']

Maybe he's overpaid...he's surely no Mark Mosely...but he's still a redskin. Criticism is one thing Cynicism is something else... executed?

I have to admit, I didn't think he would make it though...but if that ball would have been held correctly.....he did have plenty of leg.

Look, John Hall can't make a 48 yard kick. He can't. Period.

So if it's 4th-and-1 with 17 seconds left, I'm sorry, but you HAVE to go for it. You have to complete a short pass to get at least 5 more yards. I know, I know, if you don't complete it the game is over. But you can't just send Hall out there to attempt a kick that he just can't make. Every Skins fan on Earth knows he doesn't have the leg for a 48 yarder.

So don't blame Hall. Blame Gibbs.

Maybe he's overpaid...he's surely no Mark Mosely...but he's still a redskin. Criticism is one thing Cynicism is something else... executed?

I have to admit, I didn't think he would make it though...but if that ball would have been held correctly.....he did have plenty of leg.

Desert, since we've all had a rough night, I'll be gentle. I was just kidding. I don't really want John Hall to die.

My point is, when you are horrible at something in this league, you typically are replaced. We haven't done that yet with the God-awful John Hall. I am expressing my frustration over this decision.

I don't know, maybe the kicking market is just that sorry.

Madd, all do respect, (I liked your other thread by the way) Hall had plenty of leg on that Kick...

But I still wouldn't have him attempt a 48 yarder. Not if I have any other option.

I guess in Gibbs' mind he had no other option. It was 4th down, he had no timeouts, and only 17 seconds on the clock. But I would have gone for it -- it was 4th-and-1 -- and tried to complete a 5 yard sideline pass. Five yards would have made a big difference. It's risky, but so is having Hall attempt a kick that he hasn't been able to make for 3 years.

But that's why he's in the Hall of Fame and I'm not, right?

Hall's leg has plenty of strength...anyone relying on the rather ignorant view that his leg strength is in question should just sit down and let the adults talk...lol (thanks, mom)...

His accuracy on field goals around 45-50 yards has suffered, however. And accuracy is about a dozen different things, not just leg strength. It requires the entire body to aim the football at that length, as well as the right mental temperament (which part of me wonders if Hall's nagging injury over the past two years has screwed with his mindset now)...and yes, it also relies heavily on the holder's ability to place the ball in just the right position, and to do so cleanly and quickly. It very well may be that Frost screwed the hold up enough to throw Hall's kick off since Hall's approach would have been started before knowing the hold was tilting.

But please, don't let rational analysis and a questioning of facts get in the way of a good emotional Hall bashing...carry on.

But please, don't let rational analysis and a questioning of facts get in the way of a good emotional Hall bashing...carry on.

I haven't actually seen too many comments about his strength. I think anyone could see that last kick had enough leg. If this was the first time this had happened, maybe you could look at Frost as a possibility. We all know this isn't the first time, though, and at some point he has to be held accountable. He's getting a hell of a lot of money for a very simple job. His results since he's been here have been, to say the very least, less than adequate.

Hall's leg has plenty of strength...anyone relying on the rather ignorant view that his leg strength is in question should just sit down and let the adults talk...lol (thanks, mom)...

His accuracy on field goals around 45-50 yards has suffered, however. And accuracy is about a dozen different things, not just leg strength. It requires the entire body to aim the football at that length, as well as the right mental temperament (which part of me wonders if Hall's nagging injury over the past two years has screwed with his mindset now)...and yes, it also relies heavily on the holder's ability to place the ball in just the right position, and to do so cleanly and quickly. It very well may be that Frost screwed the hold up enough to throw Hall's kick off since Hall's approach would have been started before knowing the hold was tilting.

So you're saying he DID make that kick? Hurray! When does overtime start?

I'm glad most responses in this thread have been rational, including this one. :applause:

']Desert' date=' since we've all had a rough night, I'll be gentle. I was just kidding. I don't really want John Hall to die.

My point is, when you are horrible at something in this league, you typically are replaced. We haven't done that yet with the God-awful John Hall. I am expressing my frustration over this decision.

I don't know, maybe the kicking market is just that sorry.[/quote']

It has been a ruff night for all of us. I'm glad you were just kidding.

Back in HS I perferred my hold slightly to the right to make up for my hook.......

halls just the same.....

Do you mean the top points to the right slightly or the bottom point?

The Hold I saw was an acute angle of seventy degrees with the top point of the ball to the left of the perpendicular 90 degree axis.

Which way does that make the ball hook?

It has been a ruff night for all of us. I'm glad you were just kidding.

Yeah, it's how I deal with stuff like this. I was definitely just joking, though. In fact, one of my pet peeves is people wishing players to get hurt. That's just unsportsmanlike.

I still think he's a piece of crap, though. I'm definitely 100% serious about that part.

']I don't know' date=' maybe the kicking market is just that sorry.[/quote']

Since we had him the first time, I've been in the camp of Nick Novak. The guy's kicks inspired confidence, and now he is a free agent again after the Cardinals went with Rackers. I guess Gibbs prefers Hall because he's a veteran, but what good is a veteran if he can't make the kicks? From watching his body language, etc., I really feel like Hall doubts himself somehow, which is no help at all for a kicker.

Look, John Hall can't make a 48 yard kick. He can't. Period.

So if it's 4th-and-1 with 17 seconds left, I'm sorry, but you HAVE to go for it. You have to complete a short pass to get at least 5 more yards. I know, I know, if you don't complete it the game is over. But you can't just send Hall out there to attempt a kick that he just can't make. Every Skins fan on Earth knows he doesn't have the leg for a 48 yarder.

So don't blame Hall. Blame Gibbs.

I agree. I am reluctant to criticize Gibbs, since his track record is over a billion times better than mine. Still, I had little confidence Hall would make that kick. All the offseason concern (at least on here) about the kicking game, and wouldn't you know it that it bites us in week 1. Of course, if we had gone for it on 4th and didn't get it, Gibbs would have been skewered on sports radio, but that doesn't matter. Sending Hall out there from 48, we might as well have sent him out there from 68.

kinda hard to miss 27 yardeer

True, but did you watch those three short kicks? He didn't really nail any of them. It was more like he just pushed them through. I have confidence in him to push through the short ones but I just don't see that he has been very accurate on the longer-range kicks. Sure, he can get it that far, but you need to get it that far and get it through the uprights.

Archived