Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskin fans: ranked 10th in loyalty

CliffBattles

The Eagles fans could possibly be the hardest on their own players, but that doesn't mean they aren't loyal and they don't show up week after week, year after year. Since 96 per that article, the Eagles have sold out 99.8 percent of the stadium, and that counts the terrible 97 98 99 years in the Vet. The fans take a lot of deserved heat, but most in Philly are fiercly loyal to the Eagles and live and die with the team (for better or worse).

The one thing I will state about Washington is that it is admirable that the stadium sells out so many of their games despite the stadium capacity and ticket prices. But it is not secret that since the construction of FedEx, probably do to the combination of the stadium possessing too many seats and the teams not being very good late in the year (sans last season), Eagles and Cowboys games had huge percentages of the stadium filled with opposing teams fans. I went in '04 and there had to be at least 15k Eagles fans, and I hear it's worse for Dallas games. Now, much of that can be attributed to corporate ownership of tickets selling seats late in the year, but it's not something that you'd see happen often in Philly or even Dallas I'd venture to guess.

If we were in RFK where the stands actually shake, I could see us being in the top five. But I dont think you will see fans drinking latte's cappachino and acting bougie at Eagles and Giants games like I have seen here. I am just keeping it real.

This is a total joke. The criteria is completely backwards. What about elasticity of demand - Redskins fans pay 35 for parking and ticket prices always go up, the waiting list continues to grow, and there is no end in sight to demand for the Washington Redskins.

I couldnt have said it any better myself

I like a lot of what they are doing here to determine this, but one of the flaws is it doesn't take into consideration of how well a team's fanbase travels to road games.

IIRC, Dallas has by far the longest streak in the NFL of selling out road games and generally Dallas, Pittsburgh, and Green Bay fans travel extremely well compared to the rest of the league.

The only problem is that it's too difficult to determine how many of those fans at road games are fans of the visiting team or the home team's fans.

YAKUZA

Or how many of these fans are just fans from 1993. I have noticed a lot of Cowboy fans, at least in this area, count the last 15 years as "forever"...

The Packers probably generated a lot of the same thing in the late 90's.

The friggin Panthers finished 12th overall and I know for a fact nobody around here goes to the games when they are loosing. The year after they went to the Super Bowl, they were extremely injured and I went with my dad to see them play TB and the stadium wasn't even half full. They have had 3 good years of football and the entire city gives up on them unless they are winning.

There is no way this is accurate.

You really can't be serious. Keep thinking that; meanwhile Birds fans will continue to swarm Fed Ex every year.

Growing up in S. Jersey I saw it time and time again - win 2 games and EVERYBODY loves 'em, lose a close one to the Giants and they're the worst team to ever roam the planet. Chicken littles at their best... er... worst.

Didn't see it posted anywhere. Pretty fair, but to be ranked third in our division, when we have been selling out games longer than anyone, with the biggest stadium, expensive tix, and even during some really lean years......well we could have been a little higher........but 10th isn't bad.

http://www.bizjournals.com/specials/pages/33.html#l

Division: NFC East

Rank in NFL: 10

Rank in division: 3

The Redskins have been generally disappointing on the field the past decade, struggling through four losing seasons and two more at .500. But you wouldn't know it from Washington's league-leading attendance, 77,308 per game. Fans have filled the stadium to capacity in four of the six years since 2000.

Very interesting stuff, thanks! I *definitely* agree with Buffalo being ranked #1 in fan loyalty within the AFC East---Bills fans are VERY loyal...diehard! :D

CarrollsMine99.

Growing up in S. Jersey I saw it time and time again - win 2 games and EVERYBODY loves 'em, lose a close one to the Giants and they're the worst team to ever roam the planet. Chicken littles at their best... er... worst.
We're tough on the team, that much is known. Doesn't change the fact we still show up year after year.

if you read the methodology it makes sense...

Difficulty factors: Forty percent of each team’s score is based on four difficulty factors. A team with a low winning percentage, low market population, low per capita income and low December temperature will do best on this side of the formula. Here’s an explanation of these four difficulty factors:

1. Winning percentage -- Team’s 1996-2005 regular-season record.

2. Market population -- Population of the BEA economic area that includes the team, 2004. The U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis sets the boundaries for BEA economic areas.

3. Per capita income -- Average income per resident of the BEA economic area, 2004.

4. December temperature -- Average high temperature for the month. Domed-stadium teams are automatically assigned the worst score in this category.

That's why Cleveland is so high.

none of which has anything to do with fan loyality.

I am insulted. The Washington Redskins have the best, most loyal, knowledgable, caring, respectful and classy fans in the world. For something called the bizjournal to have the audacity to rank those fellons from Philly and those ****roaches from Dallas ahead of us...well...I just don't know.

Coach Joe Gibbs and Mr. Snyder have built a first class organization that expects to be named #1 in these types of rankings. This is simply a joke, an obvious insult and a slap in the face. The media, once again, has proven that they will go out of their way to insult the Redskins. I for one am sick of it. It's not fair and it's not right. We are the best, and we deserve that type of national recognition.

I am insulted. The Washington Redskins have the best, most loyal, knowledgable, caring, respectful and classy fans in the world. For something called the bizjournal to have the audacity to rank those fellons from Philly and those ****roaches from Dallas ahead of us...well...I just don't know.

Coach Joe Gibbs and Mr. Snyder have built a first class organization that expects to be named #1 in these types of rankings. This is simply a joke, an obvious insult and a slap in the face. The media, once again, has proven that they will go out of their way to insult the Redskins. I for one am sick of it. It's not fair and it's not right. We are the best, and we deserve that type of national recognition.

I think if you ask anyone who is not a Skins fan they will agree that the Eagles and Cowboys have more fan loyalty. Can't always keep blinders on.

If you are indeed a supporter for the Washington Redskins, you should be ashamed. To admit, even believe, that the Eagles and Cowboys have more loyal fans....well...I'm not sure how you live with yourself. It is a fact. A FACT. That the Redskins fans are the worlds best. I don't care what his stupid attendance percentage says, we're there every sunday. We're loud. We're proud. We love our owner and coach more than any other fan base. It's a fact. Not an opinon. We're the best.

I think if you ask anyone who is not a Skins fan they will agree that the Eagles and Cowboys have more fan loyalty. Can't always keep blinders on.

Blinders? Come on man, everything he said was true. If Redskins fans weren't loyal then why do we continue to sell out game in and game out, year in and year out. Even when we were 0-5 when Marty was here we still sold out. Mr Snyder has gone out of his way to build a successful franchise and I think it's ashame that so many people out there, such as the bizjournal, go out of their way to put him and this franchise down. Never, ever, ever, ever in the recorded history of the universe has a man been chastised so much for his greatness. Not even Jesus. And they killed him.

Blinders? Come on man, everything he said was true. If Redskins fans weren't loyal then why do we continue to sell out game in and game out, year in and year out. Even when we were 0-5 when Marty was here we still sold out. Mr Snyder has gone out of his way to build a successful franchise and I think it's ashame that so many people out there, such as the bizjournal, go out of their way to put him and this franchise down. Never, ever, ever, ever in the recorded history of the universe has a man been chastised so much for his greatness. Not even Jesus. And they killed him.

Well, except for Joan of Arc... but then again, she was a woman.

So what your saying is that we should kill Daniel Snyder and THEN he will be great?

After comparing Ghandi and Todd Beamer to Coach Gibbs, I think its more than adequete to compare Mr. Snyder to Jesus. Hey, let's run through some others:

Mr. Cerato- Pat Tillman

Coach Saunders- Albert Einstein

Coach Williams- Thomas Edison

Coach Bugel- Alexander the Great

Mark Brunell- Michael Jordan

Clinton Portis- Pocahantas

So what your saying is that we should kill Daniel Snyder and THEN he will be great?

No, Jesus was persecuted for his greatness. And so is Mr Snyder......except he's greater.

Archived