Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskin fans: ranked 10th in loyalty

CliffBattles

I agree, its easy to be loyal when your team keeps winning divisions (Eagles) how about going through Norv, Spurrier, etc.

HAIL!!

I hate mentioning positive about Philadelphia, but they arent bandwagoners. Im sure there's some, but that city has been loyal to every single team they have, including the historically garbage 76ers and Phillies.

I hate mentioning positive about Philadelphia, but they arent bandwagoners. Im sure there's some, but that city has been loyal to every single team they have, including the historically garbage 76ers and Phillies.

Well, I don't know how long you've lived where you do, but here in the DC area, there are a LOT of Eagles bandwagoners. During their playoff runs, they were everywhere. Now, finding an Eagles fan can be almost as hard as finding a Cowboys fan after week 2 last year, at least the ones who KNEW the outcome before they showed up to work.

Well, I don't know how long you've lived where you do, but here in the DC area, there are a LOT of Eagles bandwagoners. During their playoff runs, they were everywhere. Now, finding an Eagles fan can be almost as hard as finding a Cowboys fan after week 2 last year, at least the ones who KNEW the outcome before they showed up to work.

It's like that in every city. I was born in Rochester NY, about 20 minutes from Buffalo. Buffalo is an AFC East team, so when Miami, the Jets and Pats were winning everyone bandwagoned them because it was fun to rub into the Bills fans face, because they're all around. That's why in Rochester there was little Dolphins fans, a bit more Jets fans, and then a lot of Pats fans.

"Fans have filled the stadium to capacity in four of the six years since 2000."

Is there and has there not been a waiting list for season tickets for decades? And is it not the largest capacicty in the league?:whoknows:

Over the last decade, season ticket sales had plummetted. I think the waiting list was down to a year. When Gibbs signed back on, within the month, the waiting jumped 100,000. It's been climbing ever since. Last I heard (which is to say, this is not necessarily reliable information, just something I heard from other drunk Redskins fans at the stadium), the waiting list was back up to 10 years long. However, there has NEVER been a time when you could walk up to a will-call window & buy season tickets. You have ALWAYS had to get on the waiting list. Ever since 1965, when RFK Stadium first housed the Redskins.

Those surveys are somewhat squirrely. I'm not sure if the "average attendance" and "percent capacity" stats actually reflect the turnstile count (instead of tickets sold), but the actual number of people who actually show up for the games would probably be the best indicator of fan loyalty. The Skins would be at a disadvantage due to having the largest capacity stadium by far......gotta think its tough to have 95 percent of 92,000 seats filled when the team is sucking!!

Those surveys are somewhat squirrely. I'm not sure if the "average attendance" and "percent capacity" stats actually reflect the turnstile count (instead of tickets sold), but the actual number of people who actually show up for the games would probably be the best indicator of fan loyalty. The Skins would be at a disadvantage due to having the largest capacity stadium by far......gotta think its tough to have 95 percent of 92,000 seats filled when the team is sucking!!

The very first time that stadium was filled to capacity was the 1999 playoff game against the Lions. That was insane.

The very first time that stadium was filled to capacity was the 1999 playoff game against the Lions. That was insane.

Interesting CSA......I would've thought it would've perhaps been filled for the first ever game there in '97, but maybe not (remember a lot of people had headaches getting to the stadium that day).

As for the playoff game against Detriot, you're right, that was great. The place had a constant din for pretty much the whole first half, and the only time I think the place got louder was perhaps for the MNF game against Dallas in '04, and that was only during a brief time in the 3rd quarter. Its been too damn long since we've had a playoff game here......perhaps we can have two this year!!

Interesting CSA......I would've thought it would've perhaps been filled for the first ever game there in '97, but maybe not (remember a lot of people had headaches getting to the stadium that day).

If memory serves, there were a lot of people who didn't make it to that game & the next few because of the traffic problem. I had heard all too often from people telling me that they couldn't get to the game, so they turned around & watched what was left when they got home. But since Norvel was HCIC, we sucked that year (3-13 I think?). So, by the 3rd or 4th home game, a lot of people weren't going to the games. I could be wrong about all this, but that is what I remember about that.

As for the playoff game against Detriot, you're right, that was great. The place had a constant din for pretty much the whole first half, and the only time I think the place got louder was perhaps for the MNF game against Dallas in '04, and that was only during a brief time in the 3rd quarter. Its been too damn long since we've had a playoff game here......perhaps we can have two this year!!

Yeah, we didn't sit until halftime. I'll never forget seeing all those targets all around the stadium & the very first play was a sack & the rout was on. We (the 12th Man) really showed up that game.

However, I disagree about the loudest the stadium has been since then. I would have to say last years Dallas game was the loudest I have ever heard it. Now, I wasn't there for it, but the I seem to recall the commentators having to shout into their headsets to call the game at times. When the crowd was singing, you understood every word. It was awesome hearing the entire crown scream, "HEY! YOU SUCK!" & "NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, HEY HEY HEY, GOODBYE" in unison.

3rd in the division is what's making me mad. :mad:

The only reason we are ranked 3rd in the division is because the Eagles fans are for the most part violent and classless...so they get dedication points for that....it's stupid but that what the mind set is...now no matter what we do none of the anti Redskin press will put us over the Cowboys..... We never get respect when it comes to Dallas that's another reason we hate them so much. But We KNOW the truth!!!!We are decendants of legendary RFK...we have the largest stadium in the league and still have a 20 year wait list. So We are the loudest and proudest of them all...the only one who can hold a candle to us is the Seattle Stadium (noise wise) and that's only because of the stadium design I was there for the playoff game...but without the design of the stadium 93,000 is more the 65,000....at least that's what my math skills say.....we are the best hands down....Look the people who keep Monk out of the Hall of Fame are cut from the same cloth as these guys who made the fan rankings....so credibility...again we know the truth!!!

HAIL REDSKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's amazing is how bad the redskins have been for years and how much everyone likes to remind us of that fact, then considering how many games we consistantly sell out and how we always show back up thinking this year will be our year.... How did we not make the top 5 or even tops in our division.... Cowboy fans aren't nearly as loyal to their team but those that are frankly in recent times haven't had to endure what we have endured, and same goes for eagles fans, Giants fans have even had a SB team since we have... and yet we still have better attendance than any of those teams....

This is bullcrap. They have Pittsburgh ranked last in their division? You know that's not true and us placing 3rd is a joke. We've been sold out for over 20 years and have fans nationwide and the Redskins make more money than any other team in the league by selling their paraphernalia. It takes a whole lot of loyal fans for a team to be able to make that much money.

Our general admission sell out streak hasn't been interrupted since 1966.

You've got to be ****ing kidding me, we all know who the best fans in the league are. If other fans were more loyal, perhaps they'd have the biggest internet presence, as well as the highest game attendance. What a joke.

Ugh, I think that Pantera retrospective on VH1 has soured me for the rest of the evening. I still believe what I just said, though. It's just facts.

Never, ever, ever, ever in the recorded history of the universe has a man been chastised so much for his greatness. Not even Jesus. And they killed him.

Well, that's pushin' it. I haven't heard anyone use Dan Snyder or Joe Gibbs' names as a cuss word yet. I think Jesus still holds that over us all.

When I saw Pittsburgh at #21, I knew this was bull****. No way that fan base is out of the top 3 in fan loyalty. Looks like they applied some esoteric algorithm using median income and ticket sales to spit out a rank order.

Totally. This is SHEER BULL HONKEY. And to think Dallas fans are ranked more loyal? Cripes! They are all bandwagoners and fair weathers. NYG fans are even MUCH more loyal than Philly and Dallas.

Skins and Steelers should be #1 and #2.

Archived