Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Complete slap in the face from ESPN.

d0ublestr0ker0ll

We have a long 17 weeks ahead of us. I believe in that time we will prove the talking heads wrong, and the so-called Redskins fans with their heads up their asses on this board (autographcollector). Plus, it should do this board some good to be rid of some of these ignorant Cowpie fans that for some reason love to visit this board. But, we know when we are winning and they aren't, they seem to take a vacation.

OMG!!! I can't believe he just said that! Especially the Portis part. I'll keep all the violent things I wanna say to you to myself. And don't think JUST cause you got Owens means that you'll be dominant. Oh, how I loved how he posed in the middle of that Dallas star. But, to think..you guys are now all over his balls. And while your doing that..I'll be waiting for the day he wrecks that organization ;)

He's just hatin' on our RB, because theirs didnt turn out to be what they thought he would, and Jones could never be on Portis' level.

It doesn't matter who or what they pick. Stuff like this just shows their ignorance and bias towards certain teams. It's what happens on the field that counts. If our Redskins go the distance that we all believe they will, then those idiots will be exposed again, for who and what they really are.

If your first team cannot execute the simple vanilla plays, what makes you think they can execute the complex, motion plays? You guys keep spouting that Saunders isn't showing anything. Couldn't another reason be that the offense isn't getting the offense yet? I think it ignorant for you guys to think a brand new offense with brand new players are going to come out of the gun firing. You will be lucky if by mid season , they can even be consistant.

Oh you mean Dallas doesn't have a new Offensive Coordinator and 2 new offensive linemen? What makes you so sure Dallas is going to continue to look this good in the regular season. I seem to recall Danny Woeful executing plays with precision, hitting receivers in stride. Execution like that HAS to translate over to the regular season right? Kosier is a spare part, the O-line savior - Fabini - barely made the team. No team can win with a shoddy offensive line. How is TO going to translate into a new offense? Don't you think it'll take him time to learn? Are you sure that O-line is going to jell? Can JJ stay healthy? What about Glenn? Is your young defense going to take the next step?

Feel free to ignore all those questions and just come back with more inflammatory remarks.

Oh an by the way - it's not a completely new offense. Quote Portis: "A lot of it is similar - just the terminology is different"

Brunnel is o trent green, portis is no holmes or JOhnson, cooley is definately not gonzales and your oline is not the KC line. You guys need to get a grip and realize this offense won't be that good or scary. Maybe later in the year or next year, but not right away. That is one possible reason you offense sucked in preseason.

And Eddie Kennison is no Santana Moss, who was KC's 2nd and 3rd receiver? Portis ran for 1500+ yards last year, what are you talking about?

The offensive line is arguably the best in the division.

Keep putting emphasis on the preseason. Phil Simms - a former GIANTS QB has said repeatedly - Preaseason means NOTHING, NOTHING.

But keep getting your hopes up...makes it all the sweeter later.

Its reality check time folks. These NFC East teams were picked ahead of the Skins because of at least three factors. Each has a top-notch glamorous QB that scares opposing defenses and can move the chains. What do the Skins offer: 3-N-out retread Brunell? Second, the consensus media view is that last year the Skins snuck into the playoffs by catching a lucky streak at the end of the season including a crucial game against the depleted eagles and a disputable playoff win over the Bucs that set a new record for offensive futility. Finally, there is lingering disrespect for the Skins organization beacuse of a politically incorrect mascot name, and a Jewish upstart new-money owner who thinks he can buy a winning team including an overpaid all-star coaching squad. Even if the Skins go undefeated, the B&G will be lambasted as the worst 19-0 team in history.

I'm sorry, I tried to read your post. But I was too distracted by the fact that you spelled the word, "ludicrous", "ludacris" like the rapper. Sorry, I just couldn't help but notice that.

As far as the topic at hand, I like it when we're not given anything. We haven't earned it yet, and I want our guys to be hungry. Granted, I'm sure they're not looking at these polls and getting complacent. But I just enjoy when we're underdogs.

Its reality check time folks. These NFC East teams were picked ahead of the Skins because of at least three factors. Each has a top-notch glamorous QB that scares opposing defenses and can move the chains. What do the Skins offer: 3-N-out retread Brunell? Second, the consensus media view is that last year the Skins snuck into the playoffs by catching a lucky streak at the end of the season including a crucial game against the depleted eagles and a disputable playoff win over the Bucs that set a new record for offensive futility. Finally, there is lingering disrespect for the Skins organization beacuse of a politically incorrect mascot name, and a Jewish upstart new-money owner who thinks he can buy a winning team including an overpaid all-star coaching squad. Even if the Skins go undefeated, the B&G will be lambasted as the worst 19-0 team in history.

"Top Notch" QB's? Who are these "elite" QB's throwing the ball to? Isn't the Eagle O-line older than the Bible? Don't the Giants have the hardest schedual in the NFL? Drew Bledsoe might as well give everyone on our team a few points in the Sack statistic so he doesn't have to bother with getting mangled by our pass rush.

What does being Jewish have to do with ANYTHING? Since the Patriots are the second richest in the NFL, why don't they get any crap? Eagles and Cowboys are in the top 5 richest also. Surpassing the billion range. Worst 19-0 team in history? How can you say "they were the worst because of their monetary value." This is a game, and it's played on the field. You can't call them "BAD" because of the talent on the sideline. Was the recent Yankee dynasty "BAD" because Steinbrenner paid the most in the MLB? :doh: :doh: :doh: No. They were a great-baseball-team. Period. What a sad excuse for ignoring how you should really cover sports.

They probably saw us play during the pre-season. It's not a slap in the face, at all. They're basing it on what they've seen thus far.

I find it hard to believe these professional sports writers must narrow their minds enough to only look at the performance in the pre season. There are so many factors that make preseason meaningless to how well you'll do in the season that it'd take a long time to list each one. We are like a Ferrari you just got back from getting suped-up, and are test driving. Now we can see what it's like when we step on the pedal. I need to buy a minigun, so I can shoot down enough crows to feed the population of, say, Texas.

OMG!!! I can't believe he just said that! Especially the Portis part. I'll keep all the violent things I wanna say to you to myself. And don't think JUST cause you got Owens means that you'll be dominant. Oh, how I loved how he posed in the middle of that Dallas star. But, to think..you guys are now all over his balls. And while your doing that..I'll be waiting for the day he wrecks that organization ;)

Stats don't lie my friend. You can be shocked al you want but all of those positions are not KC. i appreciate your love for your team, but you guys just are not being realistic.

The only top-notch QB in the NFC East is McNabb. The others are mediocre at best.

The only reason we got into the playoffs was because of a disputable playoff win against the Bucs? Other than the fact that it had nothing to do with us getting into the playoffs, I think you are gettting it confused with the disputed loss against the Bucs in the regular season

Actually, we would be both the best and the worst 19-0 team in history because we would be the only 19-0 team in NFL history

Is the late season when it counts? And since when have the Eagles and Cowboys been close to scary?

Thank you for not debating the obvious. Redskins fans are excited about their team, that's great. Believing that a new offensive scheme, new players, and new coaches automatically make your a powerhouse is just wrong. You saw problems in the preseason not because it was vanilla, but because yu are going through growing pains. Please explain this logic, if you cannot execute simple vanilla plays, what makes you think you can execute complex one right now? I guess you believe gibbs told his team to tank so they could fool the vikes, right?

I am not suggesting you guys won't be good later in the year, but the first 8 games are going to be bad for you guys.

Stats don't lie my friend. You can be shocked al you want but all of those positions are not KC. i appreciate your love for your team, but you guys just are not being realistic.

Are you? You keep pointing the finger at the Reskins fans, but you ignore any posts calling you on the carpet.

Who cares? Today everyone is 0-0. What Sean Salisbury or Tom Jackson, or Joe Theisman think is nothing with any more value than what myself or the posters on this board feel. Everyone has an opinion. These guys are no longer players, they are fans just like the rest of us. I would not expect a Cowboys fan or an Eagles fan to come out before the season and say the Redskins wil win it all. Funny thing, at the end of the year they play a game and the winner is the world champion. Until then its a long ride and from my view as a Redskins fan its going to be a sweet one. Enjoy the ride. ....

Thank you for not debating the obvious. Redskins fans are excited about their team, that's great. Believing that a new offensive scheme, new players, and new coaches automatically make your a powerhouse is just wrong. You saw problems in the preseason not because it was vanilla, but because yu are going through growing pains. Please explain this logic, if you cannot execute simple vanilla plays, what makes you think you can execute complex one right now? I guess you believe gibbs told his team to tank so they could fool the vikes, right?

I am not suggesting you guys won't be good later in the year, but the first 8 games are going to be bad for you guys.

Ok, so since the Boys have done well in the preseason, tell me what that means for them? Just so I can go back to this once the regular season starts.

Ok what do you expect from the Cowboys? New O-line, New O-Coordinator, TO is in a new offense and has missed 20 practices...

Let's hear your realistic expectation.

Last I checked the Redskins made the playoffs, the Cowboys didn't. Last I checked Saunders was proven everywhere he went...who's the Cowboys' O coordinator?

Remember, it's a poll answered by fans. T.O. put the Cowboys on the top of that list, and he hasn't played a (regular season) game for Dallas yet. Plus the 0-4 preseason didn't help sway opinion either

And regarding predictions by "experts": Last year, halfway through the season, Chris Collinsworth on HBO's "Inside the NFL" said the Eagles and Cowboys would make the playoffs; Giants and Redskins would fall.

... a Jewish upstart new-money owner who thinks he can buy a winning team...

Mel Gibson? Is that you? Shalom!

Archived