Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Iranian president wants to purge profs

Henry

Yikes. This guy just gets scarier and scarier.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060905/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_university_purge

Iranian president wants to purge profs

By NASSER KARIMI

TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called Tuesday for a purge of liberal and secular teachers from the country's universities, urging students to return to 1980s-style radicalism.

"Today, students should shout at the president and ask why liberal and secular university lecturers are present in the universities," the official Islamic Republic News Agency quoted Ahmadinejad as saying during a meeting with a group of students.

Ahmadinejad complained that reforms in the country's universities were difficult to accomplish and that the educational system had been affected by secularism for the last 150 years. But, he added: "Such a change has begun."

Click on link for the rest of the story

Great timing by the lefties last week by the way-

posting on this very site that the Iranians are benign and only the Rove conspiracy was trying to frighten people for votes in November.

BRILLIANT analysis! Of course, Achmadinajad is:

hosting a Holocaust denial conference,

calls for the genocide of Jews,

is building nuclear weapons,

is in contravention of numerous UN Resolutions,

holds outdoor rallies calling for the elimination of Israel attended by hundreds of thousands,

and now is purging his enemies from the government and academia.

Nothing at all like the Nazis :rolleyes:

They will be educated- educated to want to destroy the United States and Israel.

Bin-Laden studied engineering. Mohammed Atta had two graduate degrees from Germany, Zawahiri went to medical school.

It is a fraud perpetrated by the media and the left to believe that the Islamofascists are that way because they are "poor and uneducated". Most of the times they are middle class and have gone to college!

time to wake up, we are facing a mortal threat from the Iranians and better stop them now with air strikes before they get nukes.

posting on this very site that the Iranians are benign and only the Rove conspiracy was trying to frighten people for votes in November.

BRILLIANT analysis! Of course, Achmadinajad is:

hosting a Holocaust denial conference,

calls for the genocide of Jews,

is building nuclear weapons,

is in contravention of numerous UN Resolutions,

holds outdoor rallies calling for the elimination of Israel attended by hundreds of thousands,

and now is purging his enemies from the government and academia.

Nothing at all like the Nazis :rolleyes:

Didn't realize you were so big into supporting the Jewish state. Why is that? I ask as a Jew.

blah blah blah I clearly don't understand liberals and their thought process but every post I make will be slandering them because I am obsessed with Rush Limbaugh and frontpagmag and I believe everything they say despite the fact that they are proven liars. Now I'm going to roll my eyes even though I have no clue what I am talking about :rolleyes:

...and the obsession continues.

You're actually on to something. He is similar to fundamental Christians like myself, except for one big difference: the methods employed to accomplish his goals.

I was really just joking. Even though I largely disagree with the American Christian right, I would never compare my fellow Americans to a hostage-taking, holocaust-denying, terrorist-sympathizing, fascist scumbag like Achmadinejad.

The difference between Iran and Nazi Germany is one of degree but not of kind — strategically speaking. Let's remember that nobody knew in 1938 (not even most Nazis) that the Holocaust was coming. And yet all that was horrifying about the Nazis was plainly visible during their opposition period in the late 1920s and early 1930s, during which time their propaganda message was not much more objectionable than that of Michael Moore — and not really all that different. The key thing to understand is that, in the remilitarization of the Rhineland, in the violation of the Versailles troop limits, and in the elimination of Czechoslovakia (the key link between France and Poland, upon which the containment of Germany vitally depended) Germany captured a series of offensive strategic advantages. An attack was not imminent in any of those cases, but as Winston Churchill said after the betrayal of Czechoslovakia at Munich in 1938: "We faced a choice between shame and war. We chose shame and will get war."

Churchill understood, as so many leftists did not, that allowing Germany to alter the status quo in a way that gave it a huge offensive advantage guaranteed that the Nazis would attack when they were ready. He understood that the last moment for effective self-defense was Munich in 1938—when there was no imminent attack. The choice was preemption or appeasement.

And likewise the choice the United States faces now. Waiting until an attack might be imminent is suicide. we must understand Iran's current violations of applicable Security Council resolutions as acts of aggression, which is what Germany's diplomacy was during the 1930s. And we should responsd accordingly.

www.corner.nationalreview.com

I was really just joking. Even though I largely disagree with the American Christian right, I would never compare my fellow Americans to a hostage-taking, holocaust-denying, terrorist-sympathizing, fascist scumbag like Achmadinejad.
I know you were. BUt really, the ends both groups ultimately seek are not unsimilar, its the means that differ.

My personal motto is "Make the world Christian"

But I don't use suicide bombers and secret police.:(

Ardeshir Dolat reports;

The Islamic world will soon become a major world superpower”

“The recent developments indicate that the world politics is changing and the Islamic world with the Middle East, as the axis in this change, is gaining grounds as Muslims awake and head towards solidarity and unity.”

Safavi in his speech to the students of the RGC added:

“The world is in a political turmoil.
Americans are defeated and their claim as the sole political, economic and security superpower is failing and the world is heading towards a multi-superpower status. There is a possibility of an Asian superpower headed by China, Russia and India.
The European Union with 25 members can also become a superpower.
The Muslim world with 57 members, a population of 5.1 billion, an overall area of 37 Million square Kilometres, and with 50% of the world’s energy resources could also emerge as a major superpower in the upcoming decades
.” More at

Meanwhile Margaret Warner of the PBS (Left leaning) Newshour was expelled from the news bureau in Tehran - no reason given. When queried, Warner said her expulsion came right before she was to interview the parents of a murdered student held in an Iranian prison since 1999.

Amir Taheri, Asharq Alawsat reported that Ali-Akbar Meshkini, the second most powerful Ayatollah in Iran Meshkini said "Among all the governments in the world, the only legitimate government endorsed by the Almighty is the Islamic Republic of Iran ." There cannot be give-and-take between "an extension of God" and an "illegitimate and oppressive regimes."

We should just give him and that nut in N. Korea an ultimatum and leave them alone. Tell them if they use one nuke against anyone...even there own...it will be the end of their government...and a lot of their country. We have shown that we will not hesitate to attack when threatened so they should know that we will back up our talk.

Dan

The Bush administration screwed up ROYALLY by taking Saddam out. They should have moved 100k troops into Afghanistan instead. We should have sent half of them after Al Qaeda and the Taliban, and half to oversee the building of secular schools and water wells and agricultural projects. We would have nailed Bin Laden, won the hearts of the Afghanis, and had a stronghold in the region where we were welcomed, all at a fraction of the cost of the Iraqi debacle.

Saddam was Iran's worst enemy. He kept them in check.

Iran would now be pinned between Saddam and our forces.

But then Afghanistan doesn't have any oil. Which explains it all.

The Bush administration screwed up ROYALLY by taking Saddam out. They should have moved 100k troops into Afghanistan instead. We should have sent half of them after Al Qaeda and the Taliban, and half to oversee the building of secular schools and water wells and agricultural projects. We would have nailed Bin Laden, won the hearts of the Afghanis, and had a stronghold in the region where we were welcomed, all at a fraction of the cost of the Iraqi debacle.

Saddam was Iran's worst enemy. He kept them in check.

Iran would now be pinned between Saddam and our forces.

But then Afghanistan doesn't have any oil. Which explains it all.

Yes and Saddam would still have hundreds of millions of dollars from the oil for food scandal to pay for underground weapons of mass destruction. I can't believe that when we remove a radical dictator, that people are against. If we take of Iran, I would say the same thing of removing a radical that is backed by a minority of its population.

Archived