COOOOLEY!

Will Lavar be Missed?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Will Lavar be Missed?

• Definitely
    • Absolutely Not
    • Who cares, our "D" is still capable.
    • No opinion

Are you kidding??? In 1999, Brad had the best QB rating for most of the season for the entire league. He didn't throw an interception until week 11.

That was 7 years ago. I really think Brad Johnson is highly overrated. He does not have the receivers and Williams is going to make his life a living hell.

But I also think Minnesota is underrated as a team. I think their defense is going to be pretty solid.

Yes, and he's now a FOURTH STRING back. What do you want, for your FOURTH STRING back to be a beast? It's sad how quickly people have turned on Rock.

Love him as a special teams player, he is one of the best. He just doesnt seem to have ever have any field vision and arm tackles get the most of him alot of times. It's not that I dont like him, I just dont have much confidence if our running game has to depend on him. Given Betts history and without Duckett being here we wuold have realistically had to face that.

Brad did play pretty good for Minnesota in the remaining games last year and he went into camp with that Momentum. Worst thing we could do is under estimate him given time , arm strength etc.....We have to have Greg Williams "do his thing" and rattle him early....

For all of you hating on Faux, I mean, Fox News, please keep in mind that this came from the local affliliate here, which is respectable, instead of the wanna-be network.

I dunno man. Fox 5 is in my dog house right now for having to do certain stories (taking time out of the morning show to rip Steven Colbert) for the main net and trying to sell me on the crap that's gonna show up on the MyNetworks. As for the sports reporting, they are pretty reliable, I hope their source is off in this case.

I don't think this post is accurate. Fox 5 never reported Portis or Spring being doubtful, probable or anything in re:

Gibbs stated that both will practice this week and both will decide. Portis has been out of pads and work for almost a month now. With Duckett being added, do you all think CP is going to sit out the season opener on the debut of MNF ESPN?

I swear.....LOGIC people...LOGIC...Portis will start...and Springs will be a game-time decision...I'm not ANDYMAN-but jeez! MARK MY WORD and re-surface this post on 9-12...CP WILL START!

Don't underestimate Brad Johnson. He can be deadly and he has

a sweet passing game...only problem he had while playing or us

was throwing interceptions at key points in the game.:doh:

Yeah...he's deadly at 3-7 yard passes! You said that Williamson would burn us, which essentially means a deep route. Brad can not throw a deep route anymore.

They were talking about how the qb things were going and the guy asked about Shawn Springs and Clinton and the sportscaster said.... "Shawn is a no go and so is Clinton for the first game" Any truth to this or are we still on the fence?

To be honest if there is any doubt I would rather they sat this game out - hate them to play at 75% and get hurt worse and miss multiple games or be limited all year. Both are too important to take chances with.

Why is it that people claim that Portis can take this week off like there will be no loss in performance? LOL! Hey Guys and Gals....Clinton Portis is a top 3 RB in this league. He will probably put up hall of fame type numbers, and he's only 24-25? Betts and Duckett are good, but they are not top 3 nor top 10 or maybe even 15.

Our offense is not the same without Portis. Every game counts, and every game is important. We were 10-6 last year...and had we went 9-7...we would have not made the playoffs.

Brad Johnson back to pass on 3rd down...Williamson has Rogers beat down the right sideline...Brad uncorks a pass thar travels 40 yards out, 80 yards up. Rogers and Williamson stop, run back, and stand there for a good 5 seconds, waiting for the pass to fall back down to earth....Jump ball...INTERCEPTED! The Redskins win! The Redskins win!

Our defense will be fine against the king of the 10,000 foot high underthrown rainbow.

Portis may not play but Duckett and Betts will work. I dont think we absolutly need Portis to win this game.

This could just as easily be correctly reported misinformation. This week, teams, including the Vikings, are refining their game planning. Whether CP is ready to play or not, it is probably best (in the coaches' minds) that Minnesota plan for CP NOT playing.

Why would the Vikings plan on CP not playing. If he is in the game he adds another dimension to our offense. If I were game planning I would assume he is playing and adjust from there if it is otherwise.

Brad Johnson back to pass on 3rd down...Williamson has Rogers beat down the right sideline...Brad uncorks a pass thar travels 40 yards out, 80 yards up. Rogers and Williamson stop, run back, and stand there for a good 5 seconds, waiting for the pass to fall back down to earth....Jump ball...INTERCEPTED! The Redskins win! The Redskins win!

Our defense will be fine against the king of the 10,000 foot high underthrown rainbow.

Portis may not play but Duckett and Betts will work. I dont think we absolutly need Portis to win this game.

:laugh:

For all of you hating on Faux, I mean, Fox News, please keep in mind that this came from the local affliliate here, which is respectable, instead of the wanna-be network.

If that is what they are then they surely shouldn't sepeculate when Coach Gibbs made it clear yesterday. They don't know anymore than we do based on Coach Gibbs!!!!

I think we knew this all along, folks. Let's face it, the real season starts Week 2 when we take on Dallas. This week is just the build up for the really big game. As we saw in the preseason, Coach Saunders is not going to give anything way. He won't this week either, and why should he? With more than capable backups (both Betts and Duckett would be starting for a number of other teams in the league) ready to go, why should Portis be rushed back? Save him and his talents for Dallas.

I don't know if Clinton will play and neither does anyone else....as Gibbs said, "he will decide" and we've still got close to a week...

If I were the Skins I'd definitely suit him up even if he's not ready to play...I think they could use him as a decoy and limit the possibility of him getting further injured..if he's in the back field, teams will key on him...put him back there with sellers...have sellers to the blocking and let clinton roll out for a screen we'll never throw...the play action should freeze the safeties and it's six points to any one of our speedsters....

now wouldn't that be grand?

Love him as a special teams player, he is one of the best. He just doesnt seem to have ever have any field vision and arm tackles get the most of him alot of times. It's not that I dont like him, I just dont have much confidence if our running game has to depend on him. Given Betts history and without Duckett being here we wuold have realistically had to face that.

Speaking of Rock and vision...we all saw that touchdown pass against the ravens....I think holmes needs some contacts...and I'm not saying that to be funny...how do you short arm a pass to the corner of the endzone with no defenders around you??

Archived