Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is the Springs injury really that bad?

BayouBrave86

I was looking at the schedule and the weeks Springs is supposed to miss (3-6 weeks), and the only teams that scare me in that time period with their receiving co. are the Giants and Cowboys. Let's say CB is our weak link with matchups in the first 6 weeks, we can still at least go 4-2 realistically. Minnesota, Houston, Jacksonville, and Tenn really don't have depth in their receiving. Just a thought I'd throw out there. :cheers:

I was looking at the schedule and the weeks Springs is supposed to miss (3-6 weeks), and the only teams that scare me in that time period with their receiving co. are the Giants and Cowboys. Let's say CB is our weak link with matchups in the first 6 weeks, we can still at least go 4-2 realistically. Minnesota, Houston, Jacksonville, and Tenn really don't have depth in their receiving. Just a thought I'd throw out there. :cheers:

He's not out that long. He was injured two weeks ago. When they say 4-6 weeks they don't mean 4-6 weeks of the regular season. He will miss the rest of the preseason and then be out 1-3 weeks longer. He might be back for Dallas.

He's not out that long. He was injured two weeks ago. When they say 4-6 weeks they don't mean 4-6 weeks of the regular season. He will miss the rest of the preseason and then be out 1-3 weeks longer. He might be back for Dallas.

Yep... please be back for Dallas Shawn!

Spring's said he may be back for week 1........so I I am pretty sure he'll be back week 2 at the latest.

I would rather have springs sit out week 1, even if he is ready to go. I think the worst thing we can do is rush him back. And since the vikes dont really have a premier passing game, he shouldnt be needed to much(knocks on wood). I would rather have him healthy for a revamped cowboys passing game, because we will need every cb we can get against them.

on another note, can you all seriously say that you would feel comfortable with rumph starting as our #2 cb??? personally, I am a little concerned about this prospect, and hope that it doesnt happen. If we have to deal with him as a starter for a long lentgh of time during the season, we might be in trouble. I might be more concerned about him having to start than if brunell gets hurt and having campbell come in

You are talking thrugh your butt, and you obviously believe everything everybody tells you.

Springs will not play in the Dallas game. Repairing a torn muscle in the abdominal area takes 4-5 weeks to heal and about another 2-3 weeks to get back in shape and feel comfortable.He may start working out in 2 weeks but he won't play in the Dallas game. Bank on it.

You are talking thrugh your butt, and you obviously believe everything everybody tells you.

Springs will not play in the Dallas game. Repairing a torn muscle in the abdominal area takes 4-5 weeks to heal and about another 2-3 weeks to get back in shape and feel comfortable.He may start working out in 2 weeks but he won't play in the Dallas game. Bank on it.

They why would they say 4-6 weeks? Just to trick us? Not necessarily arguing, just curious. Doesnt make sense to me to say 4-6 when you could just as easily say 6-8.

Springs had a history of alway being hurt with the Seattle, which i why they let him go. He has stayed healthy for the Redskins until now. I'm sure they will cut him after the season and sign the Top free agent corner to a 60 million dollar deal.

They why would they say 4-6 weeks? Just to trick us? Not necessarily arguing, just curious. Doesnt make sense to me to say 4-6 when you could just as easily say 6-8.

My friend, I have absolutely no idea why somebody would tag that with a FOUR to six week assessment. But let me use logic here.

Put your hand on your abdominal area right about your groin. Now try to move. Try to get up,, or take a step, or anything. You instantly feel tightening. I have had double hernia surgery, its the SAME area and I will tell you that if an abdominal muscle is involved, you are still tingling after 4 weeks, and muscles don't reattach after surgery in FOUR weeks. If they did then ligament reattachments would take 8 weeks instead of 8 months.

Maybe they said FOUR weeks so they could negotiate better with the 3...thats THREE defensive backs they have picked up since Springs was injured. THREE defensive backs have been signed or traded for since his injury. Whats the point in that....after all he's coming back in less than 4 weeks right? RIGHT!

Archived