Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike & Mike in the morning two a days: Skins edition

SkinsD

1)Have the Skins bolstered their defense enough to dethrone the Gints: Yes, Golic likes AA alot.

2) Could the Skins offense lead the league in scoring? Golic no, Greenie "don't be suprised"

3) Will Brunell hold up the whole season? Will Campbell be ready if needed? Golic - no. Todd Collins is the second guy, Campbell isn't ready. (obviously he hasn't been watching the games).

4) Will Portis' injury be a season-long issue? Golic: no - he will be fine.

5) Record predictions:

Greenie: 9-7

Golic: 9-7

1)Have the Skins bolstered their defense enough to dethrone the Gints: Yes, Golic likes AA alot.

2) Could the Skins offense lead the league in scoring? Golic no, Greenie "don't be suprised"

3) Will Brunell hold up the whole season? Will Campbell be ready if needed? Golic - no. Todd Collins is the second guy, Campbell isn't ready. (obviously he hasn't been watching the games).

4) Will Portis' injury be a season-long issue? Golic: no - he will be fine.

5) Record predictions:

Greenie: 9-7

Golic: 9-7

interesting........:mad:

There is Golic down on us again. Saying Campbell is not even the 2nd QB and our D is just a little improved. He also was smirking on the Pats game. Greenie has us at 9-7, golic has us at 9-7 also. I love the no respect factor. Of course they picked Dallas above us. Golic also has Eagles at 9-7, surprise?

Just watched it. Cant say I blame them for their predictions, they have solid objective reasoning.

Im glad to see they did place Phili either below or tied, though I think theyll will definitely finish last in the division.

The schedule is pretty tough, the NFCE is going to take its toll on everyone. Can Brunell hold up? Will the new O-Scheme sink in in time? Will Portis and Springs be back soon and at 100%?

Thats being objective.

As a lifetime 'Skins fan however : screw those guys 11-5 then to the SB baby! :point2sky

I just heard Mike & Mike's Two-A-Days: Redskins and here's their breakdown (noting that they made mention of the New England game far too much for my taste).

5.Have the Redskins blostered their defense enough in the offseason?

Golic and Greenberg aren't trying to read too much into Saturday's loss (again, even though they mention it several times) but Golic doesn't think that they have a good enough front four. He believes Andre Carter is nice but as a unit not enough was done. He gives Adam Arculeta some dap "He's a nice player who hits hard".

4.Can the Redskins revamped offense lead the league in scoring?

Greenberg thinks they can lead the league in scoring while Golic thinks that they won't even with all the off-season acquisitions.

3.Will Mark Brunell hold up an entire season? if not if Jason Campbell ready?

Golic thinks that Brunell could hold up but it's pretty iffy because he has great games followed up by sub-par ones (thinks Jason Campbell is no where near ready and Todd Collins is the No.#2 QB :doh: )

2.Will Clinton Portis shoulder injury bother him the entire season?

Golic doesn't think that it will be a problem for the season added that he thought TJ Duckett was a nice pickup to spell Portis but doesn't have Portis' breakaway speed.

1.How many game will they win?

Greenberg thinks the Redskins will be 9-7 (thinks the Cowboys will be 10-6) ang Golic pretty much agreed both saying that they have a brutal schedule with a lot of losses on it. Greenberg did say that it was tough to give them that record but somebody had to be on the outs.

I could have listened to Steve Czaban instead of waiting to hear that crap.

schedule???

i cant wait to hear what they have to say about the g-spots first 7

indy

@phil

@sea

bye

wash

@atl

@dal

tb

wish i heard what they said about Philly 2nd half schedule

@tb

jax

bye

was

tenn

@indy

carl

@wash

@nyg

@dal

atl

what about those runs?

those are harder than ours?

dal

@phil

@tb

carl

atl

philly

i dont think so cause the tough string is at home..........

IMO

It's a fair assessment.

9-7 is reasonable.

I have the Skins at 10-6 or 11-5.

What suprises me is that they have both the Giants (no official record yet but they said playoffs) and the Cowboys (10-6) are listed higher.

And they can't stop talking about TO, yet they are Superbowl contenders :rolleyes:

Also suprised that Greenie thinks the Eagles will be 8-8 and Golic 7-9.

There is Golic down on us again. Saying Campbell is not even the 2nd QB and our D is just a little improved. He also was smirking on the Pats game. Greenie has us at 9-7, golic has us at 9-7 also. I love the no respect factor. Of course they picked Dallas above us. Golic also has Eagles at 9-7, surprise?

Golic actually had Philly at 7-9

Guys, the head coach and the associate head coach - offense are both currently saying that Campbell is not ready yet.

Lies all lies...refer to Gibbs press conference last week where he said, "I think he's ready right now...." He was talking about Campbell when asked if he needed time to learn. Don't tell people fibs SNF :D

HTTR!

The only thing that surprises me in their assesments is the record, even though they give us praise in areas that would make you assume we'd have a better record.

I think right now, I'd still go with Todd Collins as the backup QB. It might sound crazy being that Campbell has had a fair preseason, but I think if Collins can get comfortable in the pocket he'll have a much lesser chance of throwing those interceptions I think Campbell would have.

I don't think it's crazy to think 9-7 though I beleive 10-6 is more likely again.

As much as we are "loaded" on offense, it's generally going to take at least one season for everything to gel the way the coaches and us fans want it to. The offense will be improved enought to the point where our defense can close the games.

I like Mike and Mike ok. They aren't bad for a national show.

I also don't think 9-7 is all that crazy. I think we've turned the corner from being a perennial under-achieving 8 win team to being a solid 9+ win team, but our division is going to be jammed up with 9 and 10 win teams beating on eachother. We could very well draw the short straw. If we played in the NFC West I'd think M&M were nuts. But in our division that's fairly sound.

Of course, that is their opinion and they are entitled to it. I can see their reasoning and it is fairly just. However, I can not say that I do not disagree with their prediction. Well, at this level of play, can we really argue the other side yet? Face it, this division is tough and I can honestly see only the champ moving on to the playoffs with the other teams sitting at home.

If we stay healthy, only the sky is the limit. Al Saunders was capable of orchestrating a high powered offense with less talent. We have more to offer just giving our depth at the WR position. That is something that KC NEVER had. Our offensive line is not what KC's was, however. Randy Thomas is not Will Shields (I do not think he is too far off though) and Jon Jansen is not Willie Roaf. The thing that I think helps us out a lot and in reality it will help out Saunders just us much, is our defense. KC NEVER had a great defense.

With an extremely good defense, all you really need is a decent offense, to win football games. I think we will have a step above a decent offense until we get this thing rolling. This year? We will win games but, we will not be dominate. Next year? 23-0 (if you count preseason :laugh: ) with a 56 point victory in the Super Bowl. :D

I am hoping for a 11-5 or 12-4 record. However, 9-7 or 10-6 is not too far off base.

I think we will be lucky to make .500 8-8 is my best case scenario. 6-10 worst case.

:troll:

But seriously, I watched that segment this morning and I got the impression that Golic knew nothing about the subject. That's saying a lot considering that he played in the league and is an analyst for ESPN on NFL Live. Even what he said about Portis' injury was BS because the one place that running backs tend to take a lot of damage is on their shoulders. Unless Portis has some I95-like holes to run thru this year, that injury will effect him...if not in the running game, it'll hurt in the receiving game.

I think that if everything goes right for us, we'll come away with anything from a 9 -7 season or an 11-5 season, at best. The NFC is loaded this year not to mention the NFC Beast, and the tough AFC south schedule that they'll be playing this year. It will come down to something such as teams hit by the injury bug, and calls by the refs :doh: that decide which way this team goes. That's not to say that coaching doesn't make a difference because this team has looked like a Joe Gibbs coached team all the way(fighting really hard and doing whatever possible to stay in games), but those other factors have play huge roles in the NFL now. I'm hoping that we will be one the teams that dominate (ala '91 Skins), but I really don't see it happening. It's going to be a battle for every win the Skins get this year.

:troll:

But seriously, I watched that segment this morning and I got the impression that Golic knew nothing about the subject. That's saying a lot considering that he played in the league and is an analyst for ESPN on NFL Live. Even what he said about Portis' injury was BS because the one place that running backs tend to take a lot of damage is on their shoulders. Unless Portis has some I95-like holes to run thru this year, that injury will effect him...if not in the running game, it'll hurt in the receiving game.

Will it bother him? Naturally. Will it affect his ability to run the ball or catch the ball in the back field and turn up field? Not so much.

In this day and age, they make equipment to protect things like this. CP would wear a vest to protect his shoulder, shoot him up with cortizone shots and a little pat on the arse telling him to 'go get em'. He WILL play and he WILL give his all. That much I can guarantee.

I think that if everything goes right for us, we'll come away with anything from a 9 -7 season or an 11-5 season, at best. The NFC is loaded this year not to mention the NFC Beast, and the tough AFC south schedule that they'll be playing this year. It will come down to something such as teams hit by the injury bug, and calls by the refs :doh: that decide which way this team goes. That's not to say that coaching doesn't make a difference because this team has looked like a Joe Gibbs coached team all the way(fighting really hard and doing whatever possible to stay in games), but those other factors have play huge roles in the NFL now. I'm hoping that we will be one the teams that dominate (ala '91 Skins), but I really don't see it happening. It's going to be a battle for every win the Skins get this year.

I agree with the rest of your post here. Dead on, brother.

Are you sure you're a Redskins fan? I rarely hear fans predict records that bad. You must be panicking because of Saturday.

Been a Redskins fan since 82' but I also know the difference between a good Football team and a mediocre one.

All of the top tier teams in the league have looked very sharp in the pre season while their starters have been in.

This nonsense about "it's the preseason" is just that- non-sense. The skins have not done anything on either side of the ball to promote any optimism what so ever.

They have looked out of sorts and totally out played in all phases of the game in all 3 pre season games.

Not to mention a QB that is washed up and no formidable back up.

I hate to be negative but I am preparing for the worst. :2cents:

Archived