Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clayton on ESPN Game Day

Fifty Gut

I think, for some people, that blurb by Clayton will really help calm the nerves. Sometimes it just takes an analyst to reassure people, as ludicrous as it sounds. After all, I'm sure the average poster puts more stock in Clayton than Om, Bubba, tr1, Ouvan, etc.

Nothing against you guys, though.

You are probably right and it will reassure some people, however, if it takes a so called analyst to calm some fans then they are not true fans. What is it coming to if Clayton has to make our fans feel better. I am not and WILL NOT give up on this team. They have some things they need to get corrected but if you heard what Gibbs said last night and you are true fan then you understand the comment he made about the team being in it together and they will come out of it together. Just my :2cents: HTTR!

Bull are we sposed to believe that the team will look like **** for all of the preseaon and then on 09-11-06 on que everyone will play great. I truly hope I am wrong but Im not buying it. Practicing against each other is much diffrent from real game experience.

As much as it sucks to see us take such a beating weak in and out in preseason and it can be easy to forget how much work this team has put in and the chemistry here and everything else and realize that it's not going to be a problem once the season starts. It helps to hear someone that knows what they are talking about say we are gonna be ok. Thanks, great post.

How different would this preseason be if Brunell hadn't thrown that int. in the first game against cinny? I just feel like it all came crashing down from there. These guys aren't really playing football right now. They're just going through the motions. I'm not overly concerned to be honest...i just don't sense that the players are worried, nor do I sense that the coaching staff is worried. Of course, we'd all like to see execution, but we're not putting together game plans for these teams right now.

I'm not folding the tent yet...but that's a bunch of hooey. the manner in which jansen was beaten last night ought to worry some folks. it's the fundamentals that are not being done well at present. and that ought to worry a few folks.

Two players really concerned me, Jansen and Archeleta. I thought 40 was supposed to be an upgrade over Clarke. I have yet to see that on the field. He was bad in coverage, and got run over more that a couple of times. I am also not folding the tent yet, but these two need to step it up.

Gibbs needs us to support the team through the good as well as the bad.

I only have 2 observations:

1) if this is "only the preseason", then why is this considered "the bad"?

2) If Gibbs is being paid a gazillion dollars to win, he shouldn't need MY support

That being said, HTTR !

"who gives a flyin f&ck what Clayton says

its like as if he has alot of followers on this board because he made that pro-redskin remark

if he had said "the skins are in trouble" then its everyone on this board doubting his word

this board kills me"

I had the same thought! one of us should be worried!!!!!

who gives a flyin f&ck what Clayton says

its like as if he has alot of followers on this board because he made that pro-redskin remark

if he had said "the skins are in trouble" then its everyone on this board doubting his word

this board kills me

LOL...yes, I was about to post the same remark. Don't take anything said here too seriously. I think being an "extreme" fan means you can't think for yourself.

Archived