Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins attacking Saints board!

Originally posted by Loose Cannon

Spoken like a true idiot who has obviously never seen Deuce play.

Losing to the Lions isn't a test of mettle?

This is a whole new Saints team, my friend. Do those laurels help you swallow the fact that your team is 2-2 against a very mediocre schedule?

Skins beat the 3-2 Cardinals and 1-4 Titans. Lost to the 3-1 49ers and 3-2 Eagles. Only one bad team in the bunch at the moment.

Spoken like a true idiot who has obviously never seen Deuce play.

Losing to the Lions isn't a test of mettle?

This is a whole new Saints team, my friend. Do those laurels help you swallow the fact that your team is 2-2 against a very mediocre schedule?

I would hardly call the Fecals and the Whiners mediocre....and until the Titans had a melt down I believe they were picked by many to be a playoff team. So don't try that **** with a mediocre schedule.

Originally posted by The Evil Genius

Props to the Aints for winning the close games this year. Can't wait til' Monday to see these guys come back and say how much the Skins didnt win but the Aints lost the game.

Its the same $hit every week when the Skins win.

Naw, you will not get that from Saints fans, I can promise you that.

We heard it from the Lambs fans for 2 and a half years, even though we beat them three out of five times... "we beat ourselves". Hell, even the Rams coaches and players said it.

In the 90's anyone we beat just about "beat themselves".

The last thing you'll hear from a true Saints fan is "we beat ourselves... your team didn't beat us". The national media made more excuses for us after the Lions loss than the fanbase did. If by some incredibly slim chance the ********s win on Sunday, you'll get your props. If not, I hope you have thick skin. Some of you guys are setting yourselves up for some serious embarassment with all of the s*** talking.

Naw, you will not get that from Saints fans, I can promise you that.

We heard it from the Lambs fans for 2 and a half years, even though we beat them three out of five times... "we beat ourselves". Hell, even the Rams coaches and players said it.

In the 90's anyone we beat just about "beat themselves".

The last thing you'll hear from a true Saints fan is "we beat ourselves... your team didn't beat us". The national media made more excuses for us after the Lions loss than the fanbase did. If by some incredibly slim chance the ********s win on Sunday, you'll get your props. If not, I hope you have thick skin. Some of you guys are setting yourselves up for some serious embarassment with all of the s*** talking.

Wow... "fore"skins is censored?

"Anyhow.. I'm done here, this is getting pretty dumb. It's all talk until Sunday"

"Anyhow.. I'm done here"...... Then why?

"this is getting pretty dumb."

Then

"Wow... "fore"skins is censored?" Yep... you were right... for several reasons.

"It's all talk until Sunday" Yes it is, and unfortunately you are still doing just that. :doh:

Originally posted by Park City Skins

"Anyhow.. I'm done here, this is getting pretty dumb. It's all talk until Sunday"

"Anyhow.. I'm done here"...... Then why?

"this is getting pretty dumb."

Then

"Wow... "fore"skins is censored?" Yep... you were right... for several reasons.

"It's all talk until Sunday" Yes it is, and unfortunately you are still doing just that. :doh:

What?? Didn't miss me?

LC, let's just take all this BS from this season and toss it out the window. Marty's Skins went from 0-5 to 5-5 last year, so we see that this organization had trouble adjusting to new schemes as recently as last year. In any case, the Saints look very good and have to be the favorite in this game as of right noww, but we'll see what you guys can do on Sunday.

Look at the name of the post by Saints 2002 (who I know you're not responsible for, but still has an impact on the tone of the board) to see who started the smack talking and remember that we play the game on Sunday and none of this crap matters. Nobody's going to guarantee victory over here, so just be careful trying to throw out your BS comparisons.

BTW with regard to the "The Cards were one TD away from beating you" comment, remember the score of that game was 31-23, so kicking concerns notwithstanding, the Cards were a TD and a 2 point conversion away from forcing OT, which is quite different from being a TD away from winning. Check your stats before criticizing ours.

Anyhow, hopefully you'll stick araound until Monday when we know who really has the biggest balls.

Gosh, I'm sick and tired of fans judging thier team early in the season by who they beat and thier opponants early records.

You play who's on the schedule and by the end of the season a team with a losing record 5 games in can be a playoff team or vice-versa.

It's pathetic. Play the season and lets see the consistancy before touting greatness.

The early games are the least revealing because teams are adjusting to new coaches, schemes & players and during the year injury at key positions factor in with matchups.

If Saint fan is weighing his win against the 4-1 Packers as a measure of thier teams strength, then the loss against the 1-3 Lions should be a measure of thier teams weakness as well.

You can't have it both ways.

16 games make the season and every team you play in the NFL can beat you so opponant records mean jack before and after you play them.

Art, I don't think you give the Saints enough credit. I looked, but didnt' find numbers on hurries or knockdowns. The Saints do have 9 sacks so far. The other numbers may tell a different story.

I've watched the Saints every week. They do blitz often. They blitz hard. They blitz lots of different people. It reminds me of the Eagles.

Originally posted by CBMGreatOne

LC, let's just take all this BS from this season and toss it out the window. Marty's Skins went from 0-5 to 5-5 last year, so we see that this organization had trouble adjusting to new schemes as recently as last year. In any case, the Saints look very good and have to be the favorite in this game as of right noww, but we'll see what you guys can do on Sunday.

Look at the name of the post by Saints 2002 (who I know you're not responsible for, but still has an impact on the tone of the board) to see who started the smack talking and remember that we play the game on Sunday and none of this crap matters. Nobody's going to guarantee victory over here, so just be careful trying to throw out your BS comparisons.

BTW with regard to the "The Cards were one TD away from beating you" comment, remember the score of that game was 31-23, so kicking concerns notwithstanding, the Cards were a TD and a 2 point conversion away from forcing OT, which is quite different from being a TD away from winning. Check your stats before criticizing ours.

Anyhow, hopefully you'll stick araound until Monday when we know who really has the biggest balls.

Hey, that's all fine and good by me. I didn't know that guy had come in and started crap before I showed up. He's not getting any support at our board whining about how he got banned.

I'm all about waiting for Sunday. These are two good teams. believe it or not, I picked the Skins in my office pool for the NFC Superbowl rep... unfortunately that was before the Saints showed that they would surpass even the most loyal Saints fans expectations this year. I would have been happy to be 2-3 at this point... our schedule is brutal for the first 8 games (CHI, GB, TB, DET, WAS, SF, PIT, ATL).

I've seen a lot of the more reasonable posters I've read on this board saying that containing our pass rush is the key to this game. As long as we don't let Ramsey look like Harrington did two weeks ago, I think we win this game going away. Otherwise, it could get ugly. Our secondary is very suspect and our LB's/DE's are young, raw, and mistake prone (just ask Amos Zeruoe)(sp?). The pass rush on your end is just as crucial. If you give Brooks time to pick one of our many targets, even the Skins secondary will have fits. Deuce is a good enough RB that he's got potential for 100+ yards no matter what defense he plays.

The magic number is around 24 or so. If your offense can't put up more than 21-24 points, the game's ours. If they get some good offense going, it's a whole different story.

Win lose or draw, I'll be back on Monday.

And Art... if you read this before I edited it.. i read your comment wrong, I thought you were talking about how i manually edited *** out here...

My Dad can beat up your Dad!! I hope the players aren't as overconfident as some of the fans. I've seen some the the Saints games this year, and they are good. The fact that they rolled over for us last year has nothing to do with this game. How many times have the Skins rolled over in the last few years? I'd still take Davis over Duece, but Duece is a lot more than just a 3rd down back. The Skins can beat the Saints, but the defense and O line have to play considerably better than they did against the Titans.

Shony,

I think you are giving the Saints a great deal more credit than they deserve. They have fewer sacks in more games right now than we do and no one is talking about how good we are. But, the only way you can think they are a good pass rushing team that is just not getting sacks is if somehow that fierce pass rush is actually slowing the opposition's passing game.

People are shredding the Saints at this point. They could come into this game and get six sacks on us. But, the fact is, they are a team that has thusfar not gotten to the QB and a team that hasn't done anything to slow the opposition's passing game to this point. If they do it against us it'll be a first. It shouldn't be factored in as an expectation of yours though.

The Saints shouldn't be granted fright given their performance in the passing game to this point.

Jim Haslett = coach in his third YEAR trying to find the combinations to take his team to a Super Bowl

Steve Spurrier = coach in his fourth GAME trying to do the same.

PS. Don't go telling me that there weren't a few Saints fans calling for Haslett's head last season when the team quit on him and lost those last 3 or 4 games all in blowouts :laugh:

Archived