Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins attacking Saints board!

I'm a visiting Saints fan stopping by to say hello. Nice board you guys have here, and you seem like a good bunch as far as I can tell. Looks like it will be a good game with our receivers against your defensive backs. Is Stephen Davis going to be able to play the entire game? If he does you guys try to encourage him to run up the middle, we are better at stopping the run there. :) It looks like you guys have a better pass defense than run defense, so I hope Deuce can get another 100+ yard game.

I'll be here all week, tip your waitresses.

I wouldnt go off of our current stats when trying to predict the nature of the D. Due to issues adjusting to M. Lewis' new scheme, we've had a lot of players out of position (mainly the linebackers), and got gashed for 250 yards in the game against the 49ers, which can throw off the stats a little bit.

Honestly, if Gardener stays healthy (huuuuge if, he has a wacky trick back that can go out at any time), and the linebackers start figuring out where they are supposed to be (Armstead has it down, Trotter and Arrington are slowly figuring it out) the run defense should be pretty stout eventually.

By far the biggest personnel weaknesses on defense are at one of the DE spots (where ancient B. Smith really shouldnt be getting as much playing time as he has), and our safeties, who simply arent that talented. Shade is fine against the run most of the time, but lacks range in pass coverage. Terrell is just there because we dont have anyone better at the moment, although Lewis has been working Ohalete into the mix.

Thank Kurp for this, Loose Cannon.

1. The Skins have lost only one more game than the 'aints.

2. The combined record for teams the 'aints have played is 11-10.

3. The combined record for teams the Skins have played is 10-10.

4. The 'aints average 339.8 yards total offense to the Skins 320.

5. The 'aints give up an average of 351.8 yards on defense to the Skins 340.8.

6. Teams the 'aints have played average 317 yards on offense while yielding 333 on defense.

7. Teams the Skins have played average 330 yards on offense while yielding 316 on defense.

And, let's not forget now that Haslett has had a team completely quit on him as he totally lost control.

Who would you take again?

not to get in a pissing match, clearly the Saints have been having a very good season, far better than the Skins so far, but SF and Philly are the class of the NFC (along with the Saints and Bucs), so cool it with the mediocre schedule

Originally posted by Art

Thank Kurp for this, Loose Cannon.

1. The Skins have lost only one more game than the 'aints.

2. The combined record for teams the 'aints have played is 11-10.

3. The combined record for teams the Skins have played is 10-10.

4. The 'aints average 339.8 yards total offense to the Skins 320.

5. The 'aints give up an average of 351.8 yards on defense to the Skins 340.8.

6. Teams the 'aints have played average 317 yards on offense while yielding 333 on defense.

7. Teams the Skins have played average 330 yards on offense while yielding 316 on defense.

And, let's not forget now that Haslett has had a team completely quit on him as he totally lost control.

Who would you take again?

Hmm... could the reason the strength of schedule looks so formidable be because all of the Redskins' opponents PLAYED THE REDSKINS?

Could the offensive stats be bloated because Philly hung almost 500 yards on your defense???? The Redskins have played two quality teams... one of which was struggling at the time. We all know what happens when they go up against a contender. 37-7 ring a bell?

It's funny how the team with the lesser record always resorts to twisted, useless stats. If you want to do that, fine, I hope it helps you sleep at night. I'd prefer to look at this:

New Orleans 4-1

Washington 2-2

I'll take Haslett over Spurrier anyday. This is not college. There is a salary cap. The Washington Spurrier will never be able to buy stars with Lexuses and Rolexes... and there are no Vanderbilts on the schedule.

I'll take the man who has been coach of the year in this league... won in the playoffs in this league, and who is winning in this league as we speak, unlike ol "Ball coach".

Don't kid yourself with stats. The Redskins are not even in the same echelon as the Saints. If we lose Sunday, I'll admit I was wrong, but it's not gonna happen.

Hi Tom, love the handle. I think Davis will be ready to go Sunday, and I'm not sure how effective he'll be up the middle. Hopefully we can have the same balance as we showed vs. the Titans and get the defense on their heels.

It will be interesting to see how Lewis' defense fares against the Saints spread attack. I think Deuce vs. our linebackers and Stallworth vs. our corners are the key matchups and while I would normally be feeling very good about these, only last week did our guys put together a convincing game.

Should be a good matchup of young and exciting teams.

The Saints laid down like dogs last year. Everyone says all the "cancers" are gone etc., etc. We'll see, its an easy thing to say when the good times are rolling, I want to see the Saint's mettle tested and them respond like a top team.

I hope Lavar snaps Deuce McAllister in half like the glorified 3rd down back he is.

there are no Vanderbilts on the schedule.

You are right, we only get to play the Aint's once every couple of years. Except for last year, when it was a 40-10 Haslett nightmare.

Just hope you are man enough to come back and accept your crow pies. 'Cause their is going be a lot of people lobbing them here.

Originally posted by Yomar

The Saints laid down like dogs last year. Everyone says all the "cancers" are gone etc., etc. We'll see, its an easy thing to say when the good times are rolling, I want to see the Saint's mettle tested and them respond like a top team.

I hope Lavar snaps Deuce McAllister in half like the glorified 3rd down back he is.

Spoken like a true idiot who has obviously never seen Deuce play.

Losing to the Lions isn't a test of mettle?

This is a whole new Saints team, my friend. Do those laurels help you swallow the fact that your team is 2-2 against a very mediocre schedule?

I'll take Haslett over Spurrier anyday. This is not college. There is a salary cap. The Washington Spurrier will never be able to buy stars with Lexuses and Rolexes... and there are no Vanderbilts on the schedule.

I'll take the man who has been coach of the year in this league... won in the playoffs in this league, and who is winning in this league as we speak, unlike ol "Ball coach".

Don't kid yourself with stats. The Redskins are not even in the same echelon as the Saints. If we lose Sunday, I'll admit I was wrong, but it's not gonna happen.

Dude, what are you smoking? Must be some good sh!t.

Ol' Ball coach has won everywhere he's gone, and won a national championship. And, far from buying players with rolexes, he ran a clean program at UF, ratting out 5 other SEC teams for recruiting violations.

Meanwhile, your Saints, while playing well haven't really achieved much under Haslett ... a few playoff appearances, but otherwise

not much.

I'll take a proven championship winning coach who's consistently torched opponents for 15 years straight over a grumpy Defensive coach any day.

Let's also not forget that our Redskins whupped your heinies 40-10 last year with a pathetic offense, one decent WR, and a crappy QB.

If you don't think Ol' Ball Coach can score on you, you're going to be in for a rude awakening:

People said the Fun and Gun wouldn't work. It does.

People said the WR's wouldn't be wide open. They are.

The losses to Philly and SF were aberrations while the defense learned a new scheme.

Deuce McAllister is a speed demon playing running back who has a rep for getting hurt...

Rebounding from a loss to the Lions is not a test of one's mettle.

And I have no idea what you are referring to when you say "laurels" but thats ok, I doubt you do either.

Originally posted by The Evil Genius

Let's see...the Skins lost to 2 Playoff teams from the year before and thats a mediocre schedule?

Yeah right. :rolleyes:

Sometimes the ignorance of people astounds me.

The Niners have played nobody good except Denver, and they lost. If you think beating the Rams qualifies a team as "good", you're sadly mistaken.

The Eagles blew you out.

The Cardinals were one touchdown away from beating you.

Tennessee lost to the Cowboys.

Other than the Eagles, the schedule is weak. The only good solid team you've played destroyed your team. I'd say that's pretty mediocre.

Archived