Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Something to calm our nerves...

FunBunch7

Many GREAT players are only discovered due to an injury. Here are a few that come to mind...add to the list if you want.

Clinton Portis

...if not for Terrell Davis tearing his knee up after (coincidently enough) making a tackle after a John Elway interception, Portis may never have gotten a shot.

Kurt Warner

...Trent Green went down in the pre season and everyone thought it was the old "Curt Warner" that was a RB for the Seahawks coming out of retirement. lol

Trent Green

...Gus Frerotte went down in the 98' opener.

Larry Johnson

...until last year, he was known as "Diaper Boy" as referenced by Dick Vermeil.

These are just a few that come to mind. if worse comes to worse...maybe Betts or Rock is the NEXT big super star.

If you will recall, Priest Holmes was NOTHING SPECIAL until his 2nd year in Kansas City.

I'm thinking that Betts will step up and rise to the challenge and lead us up to the bye week. And when the going really gets tough in November and december and teams start to rely on the run a little more. CP can come in with a fresh set of legs and really put the hurt on some teams.

I'm thinking that Betts will step up and rise to the challenge and lead us up to the bye week. And when the going really gets tough in November and december and teams start to rely on the run a little more. CP can come in with a fresh set of legs and really put the hurt on some teams.

This would have been Betts last season here anyways, IF, he didn't get traded to the Jets before this injury. At the very least, Betts is playing for his next contract, which, for some odd reason, allways tends to make players rise to the top of their game.

this whole Betts being traded thing was a rumor from a NY sportswriter. - Not one person from the Jets or Redskins ever even mentioned it prior to Portis's injury and you can bet your hiney he aint going anywhere now.

Now it's time for someone else to step up.

This will ALSO calm our nerves: Portis will be ready opening day :)

Funny, but I've read at least three articles and nothing said he would be ready to go. I saw that the team thinks he should be ready.

A source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Monday that Andrews informed the Redskins that Portis should be ready for the regular season opener. The doctor provided Portis with specific rehabilitation therapy to enable his return by that date.

However, the source also said that Portis' availability for the opener will depend on how he responds to the rehab.

This is what I got out of the game last night... Our offense moved the ball before a bad INT.. then 2nd string came in...

Our defense was scarey...When our 1st string was out there, did they have positive offensive yards? They look better than last year... With a little offense, and the O not giving up points... we should go pretty far just on D

I think people forget also, that just because Portis plays in Week 1, doesn't mean he has to be run into the ground. Betts will still be there, all of our WRs will be there, Cooley and Fauria too. Portis will not have to carry the load like he did last season, I am telling you guys, this offense is going to be dynamic.

I agree with everyone in this thread (except for maybe PCS). Let's be honest. This is a new offensive scheme. Can't we give them at least 2-3 games to ease into it? Our D, as previously mentioned, looked amazing. If the offense starts to gel, we'll be in good shape.

I think people forget also, that just because Portis plays in Week 1, doesn't mean he has to be run into the ground. Betts will still be there, all of our WRs will be there, Cooley and Fauria too. Portis will not have to carry the load like he did last season, I am telling you guys, this offense is going to be dynamic.

Or he doesn't have to play at all. We got El and Loyd and brought in Saunders...this gives us more options on Offense. Ladell is serviceable and we have a killer D. Compared to last year, where we relied on the run more because of our lack of Wrs, we should be able to weather the storm and maybe even be pretty productive. I think we should rest Portis until he is ready for the long haul, we have the team to win with out him.

Many GREAT players are only discovered due to an injury. Here are a few that come to mind...add to the list if you want.

Clinton Portis

...if not for Terrell Davis tearing his knee up after (coincidently enough) making a tackle after a John Elway interception, Portis may never have gotten a shot.

Kurt Warner

...Trent Green went down in the pre season and everyone thought it was the old "Curt Warner" that was a RB for the Seahawks coming out of retirement. lol

Trent Green

...Gus Frerotte went down in the 98' opener.

Larry Johnson

...until last year, he was known as "Diaper Boy" as referenced by Dick Vermeil.

These are just a few that come to mind. if worse comes to worse...maybe Betts or Rock is the NEXT big super star.

If you will recall, Priest Holmes was NOTHING SPECIAL until his 2nd year in Kansas City.

they already knew Larry Johnson was good so they took carries away from priest to get LJ more involved i think it was 2 series wit Priest then 1 for LJ and sometimes Priest would sit out an extra series to get LJ more touches

they already knew Larry Johnson was good so they took carries away from priest to get LJ more involved i think it was 2 series wit Priest then 1 for LJ and sometimes Priest would sit out an extra series to get LJ more touches

But LJ was really close to being traded to Miami when Mr. Bong up and retired.

Then you had Vermeil telling him to take off his diaper, all the while Vermeil crying with tears of joy each time the Chiefs would get a 1st down.

Archived