Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lloyds dissapointment?

Passizle

Yo, I thought ths thread was bout to be about fans dissapointed with Lloyd... No SuuuuR! I was gonna rip into ya cause Lloyd is the man fo sho. I'm tellin you, son. Lloyd and Moss AND my man Ranal El is gonna light it up very week on the ESPY cus that what they do and we gonna roll right on through the 07 like it aint nothing. Every one will see soon, don't worry.

One.

I agree that Lloyd was just bummed that he could have scored on a nice pass. Heck, had Brunell not overthrown him later on we he was WIIIIIDE open it would have been an easy six there too. I thought the starters looked good except for ONE PLAY.

I'm starting to wonder how men get away with saying women over think things and read into things too much. Perhaps Lloyd isn't emotionally satisfied and just needs to talk, I mean REALLY talk.

We should be there for him. You know, just as friends.

I'm tellin you, son.

One.

Hold on wait, your telling MY son? But he's at day camp right now!!! :poke:

:::in a bathroom deciphering the code on my secret decoder ring, only to find an ovalteen advertisement hidden in the message.:::::::::::

IT was a great catch....but should have been 6. I dont know if it was blown coverage or Lloyd just lost his defender but he was off to the races if that ball is thrown even decent. It was a bad throw though, no doubt....Lloyd made up for it.

It wasn't a bad throw. It gave Lloyd and only Lloyd a chance to get it.

Again, as others have said, how do you know that it wasn't an on-target throw by Brunell and Lloyd wasn't a hair off in getting to the spot?

IT was a great catch....but should have been 6. I dont know if it was blown coverage or Lloyd just lost his defender but he was off to the races if that ball is thrown even decent. It was a bad throw though, no doubt....Lloyd made up for it.

Any videos of it available on here?

I agree, timing or not Brunell was watching Lloyd after he started his double move, so he saw the second move and should have floated the ball a little more because Lloyd had faked that CB that bad.

Oh well it wasn't that big a deal - I was more upset with the massive overthrow when Lloyd was downfield - Brunell can do better than that on the long ball.

BTW I was impressed with JC's longball accuracy, because that was the "knock" against him - that he had a cannon arm but sometimes didn't display touch on posts and outs - I feel like he has shown he has really grown past that in both the scrimmage (which was against Samari Rolle, Chris Mcalister, Ed Reed) and this game.

It wasn't a bad throw. It gave Lloyd and only Lloyd a chance to get it.

Again, as others have said, how do you know that it wasn't an on-target throw by Brunell and Lloyd wasn't a hair off in getting to the spot?

If you watch the play, you can see that Brunell is watching the whole thing develop and it was just a really bad throw. You should give Brandon more credit than that - no other reciever on the team would have caught that ball and he had 5 steps on his cover man.

The system that Saunders runs is a timing system, and it's going to take more than some TC and a half quarter in the first pre-season game to get down.

If the timing is still off come regular season, and it's still not there after a few weeks, then I can understand all the doomsday threads, but as for last nights plays, I'm sure Lloyd was thinking "Crap, that could have been a TD..... [5 seconds later] Oh well, it's the first 5 minutes on the first pre-season game.... we'll get it together in the next MONTH of practice...."

Which is what all of us should be thinking.

Give 'em time to learn an entirely new system, and don't worry about it until it counts. If they can't get it down and we're 0-5 or 6 then by all means let's get the "Kill Brunell" lynch mob together, but I doubt it'll come to that. I mean none of them seemed to be worried about it laughing it up on the side lines last night, so maybe we shouldn't be either....

The system that Saunders runs is a timing system, and it's going to take more than some TC and a half quarter in the first pre-season game to get down.

If the timing is still off come regular season, and it's still not there after a few weeks, then I can understand all the doomsday threads, but as for last nights plays, I'm sure Lloyd was thinking "Crap, that could have been a TD..... [5 seconds later] Oh well, it's the first 5 minutes on the first pre-season game.... we'll get it together in the next MONTH of practice...."

Which is what all of us should be thinking.

Give 'em time to learn an entirely new system, and don't worry about it until it counts. If they can't get it down and we're 0-5 or 6 then by all means let's get the "Kill Brunell" lynch mob together, but I doubt it'll come to that. I mean none of them seemed to be worried about it laughing it up on the side lines last night, so maybe we shouldn't be either....

That truly is how I feel. What a very calming post though. :cheers:

It is hard though, mainly because of how bad Todd Collins played really frustrated me that he was taking any time away from JC. I was more dissapointed in Brunell than worried that he "lost it" I know he is better than that.

It was definitely a great catch - Lloyd stretched out and did what was necessary to make it.

It did seem like he was disappointed after the catch but I took it possibly as Lloyd not wanting to stretch out quite so much on a play like that in the preseason because of the possibility of an injury. If you look at the play again, there's a lot of impact when he hits the ground. Now don't get me wrong, that's something a receiver SHOULD do but maybe like Clinton, he wants to save the dynamic (sacrificing the body to make the play) plays for when it counts.

Actualy, I would rather not to see him "dissapointent" because his QB overthrow him. To demonstrate his displeasure with the bad pass it's TO-like behavior. (Unless he dissapointent with himself). Better don't make any faces, just get back to hudle.

ohhhhhhhhh....so you mean play football without emotion......lol...man TO is on a completely different planet with his antics, as far as anyone else I don't see anything wrong with showing emotion after a play...just keep it under control and leave it on the field (something TO usually does not do)...remember Gary Clark, Charlie Brown? Those katz were emotional....lol...I still can see Gary Clark pissed off after being overthrown. :laugh:

I think the catch was beautiful and the timing was off a step.

Not bad...only off one step!!!!

Let's see what develops. Maybe next time MB will only be off a half a step and BL will make a jump catch and land in stride. I don't believe that not being on the same page after 1 series in the first pre-season game is any reason to pull the panties to a camel toe!!!

Maybe, by the third game, MB will hit him in stride and he will be gone. When a WR beats his guy and the QB picks it up, isn't that the most important thing... damn, he did throw it to the right guy, right?

Brunell is the key and we should see improvement with each week. Don't worry. Even if the skins only win one game, who cares! It's week 1 that matters, period.

:point2sky :point2sky :point2sky

Archived