Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins in the movies/tv

slinky

I just heard a few minutes ago WTOP say Frank Herzog has a part in some soon to be released movie. Thought that was what this thread was about. Wondered what old Frank was up to. Tom Cruise, watch out!

Dear God, I hope he doesn't end up in sports announcing again. :doh:

In an old episode of The Simpsons, Homer discovers his daughter Lisa's knack for gambling on football games. He soon takes advantage of her talent and offends Lisa. Homer begs Lisa for the winner of the 1991 Super Bowl. She says "If I still love you, put all your money on Washington, if I don't, pick Buffalo.":)

In an old episode of The Simpsons, Homer discovers his daughter Lisa's knack for gambling on football games. He soon takes advantage of her talent and offends Lisa. Homer begs Lisa for the winner of the 1991 Super Bowl. She says "If I still love you, put all your money on Washington, if I don't, pick Buffalo.":)

I remember the episode right before SB XXVI...Homer asked Bart about who was going to win, and Bart said, "The Redskins are a mortal lock."

He was right! :cool: :cheers:

September 19, 2005... Monday night about 11:45PM, I saw a movie about Mark Brunell reviving his career and Santana Moss smoking Roy Williams and Aaron Glenn. Anyone else catch this one? It was on late, but it was really good.

:laugh: Yeah, I "caught" that! :laugh:

September 19, 2005... Monday night about 11:45PM, I saw a movie about Mark Brunell reviving his career and Santana Moss smoking Roy Williams and Aaron Glenn. Anyone else catch this one? It was on late, but it was really good.

It still remains my greatest football memory ever! The only thing that could probably top the excitement of that is a Super Bowl win, Please Joe, bring it to us this season!!!

Ok maybe not quite what the thread is about ,but Riggins was on Law and Order once(not sure which one,but it has the guy who always tilts his head..lol).And Im not sure anyone else mentioned it,but In Living Color had a skit about the SKINS during a superbowl show they had to get the viewers to switch during halftime.I think they were doing an interview with Gibbs and Jim Carrie was acting up in the background.:dallasuck :gaintsuck

If I remember correctly (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong), that episode was first aired the Sunday of that SuperBowl, and they had actually filmed two versions of The Simpsons, and showed the appropriate one based on the outcome of the game.

If I remember correctly (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong), that episode was first aired the Sunday of that SuperBowl, and they had actually filmed two versions of The Simpsons, and showed the appropriate one based on the outcome of the game.

filmed? i thought the simpsons was a cartoon. im soo confused. :laugh:

just messin with ya docsandy.

Early on in The X-Files, Mulder mentions getting Skins tickets for someone that helped him.

Also, this doesn't really count, but I love it: I have a bootleg video of the band Clutch, who are from Maryland/D.C., playing a show in Dallas. At one point, Neil Fallon (vocalist) says something to the effect of, "I hear you guys have a football team around here." Obvious cheering ensues. Then he adds, "Yeah, well we're from Washington, D.C., and we have a football team of our own." Boos cascade as he grins. Makes me proud.

• 1 month later...

Archived