Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYDN: Jets interested in Betts

Dirk Diggler

Yes! This is what the Jets need, and the Ramsey trade went so well I can see why they now are looking at Betts. I mean, Ramsey threw all of 3 passes tonight. So the Jets will probably put Betts on the bench with Ramsey and use them both as secret weapons.

Boy, I hope Betts doesn't read this board...especially this thread.

Just suppose he stays (cause he wants to), and the coaches really do like him (instead of posturing), and suppose he WANTS to be a Skin for life...

...all this speculation and trade talk for nothing. And if he does read this thread, he might just reconsider wanting to stay here seeing how loyal everyone is to him.

I have learned this much...Gibbs knows what he is doing. I will sit back and wait to see what he does. Maybe the coaches are posturing in order to get good trade value...maybe he really is exciting Saunders...who knows. Time will tell the truth.

I hope the season starts soon...way too many bored fans homering and playing armchair coach. The cows, the birds, and the little big people read here all the time, and I know they are really enjoying this thread....PLEASE let the season start soon before insanity becomes all too real.

Boy, I hope Betts doesn't read this board...especially this thread.

Just suppose he stays (cause he wants to), and the coaches really do like him (instead of posturing), and suppose he WANTS to be a Skin for life...

...all this speculation and trade talk for nothing. And if he does read this thread, he might just reconsider wanting to stay here seeing how loyal everyone is to him.

I have learned this much...Gibbs knows what he is doing. I will sit back and wait to see what he does. Maybe the coaches are posturing in order to get good trade value...maybe he really is exciting Saunders...who knows. Time will tell the truth.

I hope the season starts soon...way too many bored fans homering and playing armchair coach. The cows, the birds, and the little big people read here all the time, and I know they are really enjoying this thread....PLEASE let the season start soon before insanity becomes all too real.

??? I love Ladell Betts and if he wants to stay a Redskin that is great. But as far as I heard he hasn't signed an extension yet and his contract is a lame duck. If Betts wanted an extension he'd get one the next day.

I don't think anyone would want to force Ladell to leave, I would just figure he'd want to.

Betts has said repeteadly over the last 6 months that he wants to start in this league, and he is already in his prime and is older than Clinton - he would not scoff at his chance.

Watch us lose him for some ****ty draft picks we don't need!

Why wouldn't we need a draft pick? I'm pretty comfortable with any trade this front office makes, they are magicians if you ask me.

Ladell is a RFA I believe next year, so if another team wanted him theyed have to give us compensation like the 49ers got for Lloyd.

Only problem there is that unless he has a HUGE year there will also be other RBs on the market as well as the draft coming up, and Ladell is worth more and will be given a better shot at a starting job that he wants if traded during the season.

I really think Ladell could be a star in this league, just sticking through 3 regime changes as the #2 RB shows a huge amount. Plus he is an awesome reciever for a RB in my book too.

It might be premature to trade Ladell Betts. While Rock Cartwright could probably do at least as well as Betts as the number two running back, Betts was the Redskins' best kickoff returner in 2005 with a 25.9 yard average. Before the Redskins decide to trade Betts, they will need to find or develop another top-notch kick returner.

It might be premature to trade Ladell Betts. While Rock Cartwright could probably do at least as well as Betts as the number two running back, Betts was the Redskins' best kickoff returner in 2005 with a 25.9 yard average. Before the Redskins decide to trade Betts, they will need to find or develop another top-notch kick returner.

Granted Randle El said doesn't like to return kick offs only punts - but he is probably one of the top 3 kick return men in the game - I dunno how much you've followed him, but he is awesome. He should have made it to the probowl as a punt returner 2 years ago. I heard El has been practicing kick off returns though.

Not to mention Betts isn't top flight but more just serviceable. If he was top flight we wouldn't have had Antonio Brown in there returning kicks instead of him.

Betts is a good RB who excels as a reciever as well, He's just a stop gap kick returner in my opinion. But that was a bad ass return for a TD ;)

Yeah, considering the Jets lack depth at O-line, im not to keen on trading Betts either. Considering the value of having such a good backup RB in a league where most running backs get beat up and dont get to play a full 16 games healthy, hes a huge asset. If God forbid CP got injured substantialy, I would feel comfortable, VERY comfortable having Betts as our starting RB, I KNOW he can do the job. Cartwright? No, hes not a starter(as effective as he can be).

Yeah, considering the Jets lack depth at O-line, im not to keen on trading Betts either. Considering the value of having such a good backup RB in a league where most running backs get beat up and dont get to play a full 16 games healthy, hes a huge asset. If God forbid CP got injured substantialy, I would feel comfortable, VERY comfortable having Betts as our starting RB, I KNOW he can do the job. Cartwright? No, hes not a starter(as effective as he can be).

you obviously havent paid attention to how often Betts is injured with the little playing time he has had.

you obviously havent paid attention to how often Betts is injured with the little playing time he has had.

I know about it :( , I love Ladell a lot - I love his game, I don't love his pass blocking though he is one of the worst I've seen.

Seriously though it seems like Ladell misses at least one game with an injury for every 3 to 4 games he plays. And that is with one of the most limited #2 RB roles in the NFL.

Unlike most teams, our other RBs don't play much because CP is such a stud and also because he has incredible endurance that few, if any other RB has.

edit: Correction, they hadn't played much - hopefully that will change this year, CP was being relied on way too much the last 2 years.

Anything can happen in a contract year. In recent seasons this team passed on a couple of trades that would have (possibly) made it better faster.

I remember reports of Da' Bears and other teams offering good draft picks for Ramsey season after season before Washington finally gave up on his potential, lost leverage, and traded him for a lot less.

I recall Miami offering up their pass rusher Adewale Ogunleye for Rod Gardner, a player that was not even a real factor that season and is no longer on the roster.

I'm sure these things will play in the minds of Gibbs & Co. if they are approached for Betts.

Some young o-lineman with 3-6 years left in him and a low salary will be kept over a high priced aging vet. The vet may have 2 to 3 years left if slightly injured a few weeks to heal before needed. Skins may get some depth later, but will they be able to perform in our system quickly?

It would have to be a intelligent player, not a slow stud that would take 2 years to train. This narrows thing down since coaches tend to keep smart ones unless injured or too old to play.

Archived