Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sen. Lieberman concedes to Lamont but says he isn't done

nelms

Breaking news on CNN - Lieberman concedes to Ned Lamont in the Democratic primary but announced that he will run as an independent.

This will be interesting.

In other news, crazy woman Rep. Cynthia McKinney loses her seat in Congress. There is a God. :cheers:

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye!

Lamont is winning in November, Joe or no Joe.

Politics as we know it is dead. Long live politics!

:laugh: , 52% to 48% and you don't think Lieberman will pick up more indepedent and rep voters in a regular election???? :laugh:

This just increased the conservative voter turnout more than any other factor. :cool:

Wait until 2008 on Mckinney. She lost before and came back. Pretty sure she will try to get her seat back in 2008 and if she wins then; then nothing really would've changed.

Leiberman is going down. Actually, I don't think he'll get enough votes to even be included on the ballot can he?

:laugh: , 52% to 48% and you don't think Lieberman will pick up more indepedent and rep voters in a regular election???? :laugh:

This just increased the conservative voter turnout more than any other factor. :cool:

Smart Republican strategy here would be to come out in favor of Lieberman over their own candidate. He has been a pretty good dem to the administration. If republicans massed behind him he could become a reliable ally. Politicians dont like getting snubbed by their party.

However, politics is about getting your team players advanced so the Repubs will revel in a percieved split dem vote. Dems dont vote that way, they vote for the favorite of the party and then they eat cake. They havent ever voted third(en masse), and they never will. Lieb may be able to scrap 10% of the vote, but most of it will be independants and republicans anyways. I doubt registered dem voters account for more than 1% of liebermans votes. Maybe Im wrong and maybe both partys send waves of voters to Lieberman, I certainly would like to see him back.

Smart Republican strategy here would be to come out in favor of Lieberman over their own candidate. He has been a pretty good dem to the administration. If republicans massed behind him he could become a reliable ally. Politicians dont like getting snubbed by their party.

However, politics is about getting your team players advanced so the Repubs will revel in a percieved split dem vote. Dems dont vote that way, they vote for the favorite of the party and then they eat cake. They havent ever voted third(en masse), and they never will. Lieb may be able to scrap 10% of the vote, but most of it will be independants and republicans anyways. I doubt registered dem voters account for more than 1% of liebermans votes. Maybe Im wrong and maybe both partys send waves of voters to Lieberman, I certainly would like to see him back.

he said if he won as an indy, he would caucus with the dems. So, there goes that strategy.

I just find it impressive that folks who are registered as Dems, can actually go tot he polls get deal a blow to incumbents who they don't like or agree with. You'd never see this in DeLayville. Almost makes me wish I was a Dem, just to vote in the primaries.

he said if he won as an indy, he would caucus with the dems. So, there goes that strategy.

I just find it impressive that folks who are registered as Dems, can actually go tot he polls get deal a blow to incumbents who they don't like or agree with. You'd never see this in DeLayville. Almost makes me wish I was a Dem, just to vote in the primaries.

You mean they guy that ran as anti war run won in a democrat primary...

Shocker...

If Lieberman gets the same people who voted for him in the primary to vote for him in the general he wins by a mile. Basically the Democrats are going to have to go after him with everything they have to get him not to run. If Lamont wins, Dean will be hailed as a hero and the Dems will have incredible momentum, if not, they might be dead in the water. The immediate future of the Democratic party has so much riding on this particular election.

I havent figured out the political ramifications of this yet. But it's going to be a textbook moment for sure.

Im actually upset that McKinney lost. I hate her with the fire hot intensity of a billion suns, but she made a perfect antagonist.

I do know this, the GOP will be running ads with Lamont in the middle of Jesse and Al. With slogans like "Is this the party you want in power?"

Lieberman shows he has no class - he loses fairly and decides to "run as an independent" which is code for "if I can't have it then I'll give it to the other party".

If Lieberman feels he is not finished serving his civic duty why is this a problem? If he believes he can better serve his constituents, why is this a problem? If he wins as an independent it only shows the MAJORITY of people in CT want Lieberman. I believe that CT has voters who are Rep. and Indy's as well as Dems.

Archived