Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Parking Option w/o a Parking Pass

cwray420

New season ticket holder here. Just wanted to read some opinions on the different parking options for those that don't have a parking pass:

1)Cash Lot

2)Buying a pass on Ebay

3)Metro

4)Parking at Landover Mall and walking.

What is the best option? I wanna tailgate and enjoy the ambience that only can be gotten at a 'Skins game but don't know the way that will produce the least amount of hassle.

Thanks in advance!

If you want to tailgate and experience the atmosphere of a Skins game, then I'd recommend you look into joining our tailgate!!!

We have a tailgate - The ES/RR tailgate every game. We're over in E43/44. We're always happy to see new faces. You don't need a parking pass to come over there! We're right off of Redskins Road.

If you park over at Landover Mall and walk over, we're in the first lot on your left hand side, all the way in the back.

Many people park in the cash lots or ride the metro and walk over to our spot!

If you park over at Landover Mall and walk over, we're in the first lot on your left hand side, all the way in the back.

Many people park in the cash lots or ride the metro and walk over to our spot!

I was a day or two away from making this thread myself. Gotta get ready for the opener.

How far is the walk from the landover mall? Is it close enough that I can carry my cooler? I don't plan on coming to the tailgate empty handed.....

I was a day or two away from making this thread myself. Gotta get ready for the opener.

How far is the walk from the landover mall? Is it close enough that I can carry my cooler? I don't plan on coming to the tailgate empty handed.....

:laugh: It depends on how big your cooler is. It's not a super short walk ... but it's not a mile either.

:laugh: It depends on how big your cooler is. It's not a super short walk ... but it's not a mile either.

1/2 mile or so is nothing. Although I'm sure my sister in law will only help me by drinking one of the beers while I carry the cooler.

park in the cash lots and walk over...but get there at like 830 in the morning- no parking attendants around to take your money, so you'll park for free.

Now this is the kind of advice I like. I plan on being there by noon or oneish for the vikings game. Maybe the gates will still be attendant free then......

1/2 mile or so is nothing. Although I'm sure my sister in law will only help me by drinking one of the beers while I carry the cooler.

Now this is the kind of advice I like. I plan on being there by noon or oneish for the vikings game. Maybe the gates will still be attendant free then......

1) Make sure if you're walking you bring a ROLLING cooler...I made the mistake once of bringing one without wheels and it was TORTURE trying to carry an ice/beer filled cooler 3/4 of a mile....even with a guy helping me.

2) Unless something changes this season, you should be able to get there and park for free if you get there by noon. The parking lots probably don't open til 2 or 3...just slide in early and you're good to go

Archived