Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles more of a threat in the NFC East this year?

Sherlock Holmes

Analysis of the Iggles:

When TO left, I thought that the Eagles would, after a time period of adjustment, improve because of it. TO was and is a quality reciever, but however good you are, if the chemistry isnt there or you arent getting the chance......Analogy: Moss in New York.

Then came McNabb's sports hernia. Obviously it hurt them alot, and they werent able to do anything towards the end of the year. But still, they arent bad at home (It was a tough game in Philly despite the win), R-Brown is emerging as a threat, there's always Westbrook (Even if they dont use him in the running game! ;) ), and they still have playmakers on defense.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9588970

And with McNabb back on track^^....maybe they will give us a run for our money?

NAH! :eaglesuck

After what I saw yesterday in the preseason, it appears that outside of the starting lineup, there's no threat from the Eagles.

I thought for sure the Eagles would stomp the Raiders--even though it's only preseason and there should be garauntees taken out of what we see on the field. I was not impressed with the Eagles. The defense was ok. And they better pray they never need to rely on Garcia.

After what I saw yesterday in the preseason, it appears that outside of the starting lineup, there's no threat from the Eagles.

I thought for sure the Eagles would stomp the Raiders--even though it's only preseason and there should be garauntees taken out of what we see on the field. I was not impressed with the Eagles. The defense was ok. And they better pray they never need to rely on Garcia.

Seconded. Their depth is atrocious. And the Raiders are much worse than NY, Dallas, or US.

Take that game you saw and throw it away like it never happened. Like most preseason games, they run really vanilla, but this would have to be the worst. Its the 1st of 5 games for the Eagles....though, I do think Gracia looked pathetic. He was running his beloved WC Offense again and still looked horrible.

Seconded. Their depth is atrocious. And the Raiders are much worse than NY, Dallas, or US.

I agree.

After the draft this year I asked my friend who happens to be an Eagles fan what he thought of their draft. He said, "same as every year, the media goes nuts saying how good the Eagles draft was and it ends up only producing one or two good players." Basically, he was saying that the Eagles hit on some superstars every now and then but most of the guys they draft suck.

This was apparent yesterday, their depth is just terrible at almost every position. They have some excellent starters but no depth anywhere on the roster especially at skill positions. When they took their starters out the Oakland backups just killed them. They better not suffer any injuries this year or they really have no chance. If they stay healthy they might have enough star power to compete though.

I agree.

After the draft this year I asked my friend who happens to be an Eagles fan what he thought of their draft. He said, "same as every year, the media goes nuts saying how good the Eagles draft was and it ends up only producing one or two good players." Basically, he was saying that the Eagles hit on some superstars every now and then but most of the guys they draft suck.

This was apparent yesterday, their depth is just terrible at almost every position. They have some excellent starters but no depth anywhere on the roster especially at skill positions. When they took their starters out the Oakland backups just killed them. They better not suffer any injuries this year or they really have no chance. If they stay healthy they might have enough star power to compete though.

The Eagles drafts have been largely effective, and to discredit this past draft based on one preseason game is borderline hilarious. Their first and third round picks weren't even dressed. Their first units dominated, and the rest of the game was boring. The biggest concern was the poor play by Garcia and the 2nd string OLine. The rest of the reserves were fine (sans Perry, who was only supposed to be our 4th string RB anyway). It's ludicrous to make any substantive evaluations after preseason anyway (especially one game).

When they took their starters out the Oakland backups just killed them. They better not suffer any injuries this year or they really have no chance. If they stay healthy they might have enough star power to compete though.

Not to be a jerk but the Eagles pulled their starters and the Raiders kept theirs in an extra two possessions. Even then I wouldn't characterize any of that game as being dominated by the Raiders.

Here are the things that I took away from the important parts of the game last night.

1. McNabb looked good, real good.

2. The Eagles starting lines on both sides of the ball looked very good.

3. Jeff Garcia may be done.

Now all of these observations must be taken with a huge grain of salt because it was the first preseason game. But if I were an Eagles fan last night I would have been encouraged by a lot of things.

They probably do have the worst depth in the division but that doesn't mean they are doomed. If they have to play their entire 2nd or 3rd units in any games this year they are in trouble but that doesn't mean they don't have the parts to fill in for a guy here or there.

Actually, I was impressed with both lines, and their backups. They have more depth than the Skins with the lines. That lets you get away with some things.

But...

They still need a deep threat and a short yardage runner. Without those, they will struggle. Without a doubt.

Not to be a jerk but the Eagles pulled their starters and the Raiders kept theirs in an extra two possessions. Even then I wouldn't characterize any of that game as being dominated by the Raiders.

Here are the things that I took away from the important parts of the game last night.

1. McNabb looked good, real good.

2. The Eagles starting lines on both sides of the ball looked very good.

3. Jeff Garcia may be done.

Now all of these observations must be taken with a huge grain of salt because it was the first preseason game. But if I were an Eagles fan last night I would have been encouraged by a lot of things.

They probably do have the worst depth in the division but that doesn't mean they are doomed. If they have to play their entire 2nd or 3rd units in any games this year they are in trouble but that doesn't mean they don't have the parts to fill in for a guy here or there.

I think your #1 is a little nutty, he did know where near enough to say that. And remember they played one of the leagues 5 worst teams 2 weeks into camp with a first year coach.

I think most of the NFC East games will be a dogfight, till the very end, which will be decided on a handful of crucial plays.

That being said, I'm glad my team has the most dynamic, and unquestioned best QB in the division, for just those moments.

Well see about that..Mark had a better season last year and I remember all those one hoppers pre TO

I think most of the NFC East games will be a dogfight, till the very end, which will be decided on a handful of crucial plays.

That being said, I'm glad my team has the most dynamic, and unquestioned best QB in the division, for just those moments.

I admit Mcnabb has had some great games, but most seem to be in games that are either not close or not important. If I were an eagles fan Mcnabb would scare me in close or big games. His MO is he always comes up big in small games. Maybe that will change this year, only time will tell.

I think your #1 is a little nutty, he did know where near enough to say that. And remember they played one of the leagues 5 worst teams 2 weeks into camp with a first year coach.

It doesn't matter who they were playing. The throws he made were decisive, crisp and on target. Now obviously that doesn't mean much because it was a very small sample but if Jason Campbell had made those throws we would be dancing a friggin jig.

And as I said all of it must be taken with a grain of salt because of the circumstances.

It doesn't matter who they were playing. The throws he made were decisive, crisp and on target. Now obviously that doesn't mean much because it was a very small sample but if Jason Campbell had made those throws we would be dancing a friggin jig.

And as I said all of it must be taken with a grain of salt because of the circumstances.

Yea those 7 yard passes looked great...gee! And by the way it does matter who they play. Can you say No pass rush or coverage.

I agree.

McNabb comes up in small games? List all the "Big" games that Brunnell has won. Thanks.

BTW, I love how people talk about the Eagles being a "threat" as if one good year sandwiched between a decade of mediocrity now makes the Skins prohibitive favorites.

Awesome. :laugh:

Watching the first quarter of last nights game, and the Iggies looked pretty damb sharp to me. If you deny the fact then you dont know squat about football. There offensive line controlled the defense very well, especially pass protection. McNabb looked comfortable in the pocket and seemed pretty sharp where to throw to.

The defense had a monster rush on the offense of the Raiders. They couldnt contain their blitzes. Even when they were expecting them to come they couldnt stop it. I'd be aware of the strenghts of the Iggles and so are other teams in the NFC East.

Even though they may be thin on the line, so are we. Also this game, being the first preseason, is most definetly vanilla. So take that into consideration on the Raiders part. Plus someone mentioned that the Raiders coach is in his first year. Thats a bunch of b.s. Art Shell was coaching the Raiders in 94 and was released on some bogus front office mishap.

All in all we should not let our gaurd down on the Iggles or any other team for that matter.

I do give credit to the Iggles though, they seem in pretty good form. Considering that they have 5 pre-season games to our 4, that my hurt them with injuries or it may help them mesh even better. Some food for though.

All in all though the Iggles still stink :D;)

Peace, HTTR & TITY!!!

Archived