Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles more of a threat in the NFC East this year?

Sherlock Holmes

Watching the first quarter of last nights game, and the Iggies looked pretty damb sharp to me. If you deny the fact then you dont know squat about football. There offensive line controlled the defense very well, especially pass protection. McNabb looked comfortable in the pocket and seemed pretty sharp where to throw to.

The defense had a monster rush on the offense of the Raiders. They couldnt contain their blitzes. Even when they were expecting them to come they couldnt stop it. I'd be aware of the strenghts of the Iggles and so are other teams in the NFC East.

Even though they may be thin on the line, so are we. Also this game, being the first preseason, is most definetly vanilla. So take that into consideration on the Raiders part. Plus someone mentioned that the Raiders coach is in his first year. Thats a bunch of b.s. Art Shell was coaching the Raiders in 94 and was released on some bogus front office mishap.

All in all we should not let our gaurd down on the Iggles or any other team for that matter.

I do give credit to the Iggles though, they seem in pretty good form. Considering that they have 5 pre-season games to our 4, that my hurt them with injuries or it may help them mesh even better. Some food for though.

All in all though the Iggles still stink :D;)

Peace, HTTR & TITY!!!

So do you guys....but all in all a very good review and opinion! :cheers:

So do you guys....but all in all a very good review and opinion! :cheers:

Thank you for your comment. Even though I cant stand the Iggles you have to give credit where credit is due.:D

Heck, maybe Andy Reid will realize were more dominant and forfeit there games against us.....:D

Peace, HTTR & TITY!!!

McNabb comes up in small games? List all the "Big" games that Brunnell has won. Thanks.

BTW, I love how people talk about the Eagles being a "threat" as if one good year sandwiched between a decade of mediocrity now makes the Skins prohibitive favorites.

Awesome. :laugh:

Well first off I don't think I said anywhere Brunell was Mr. Big Game. He hasn't earned that title yet. Also I don't think Brunell has ever had a panic attack during a game and vomited and lined up behind the guard and had to have another teamate call the play. Also just this last season in 2 tight games in the NFC east Mcnabb ended both with critical interceptions. He just has not shown any flashes at all of being clutch in critical situations.

Conversly put him in a game with a good lead or an inferior opponent and he excels.

HEy genius, 3 players they drafted last year are already starting..Patterson,Brown and McCoy...I'd say thats pretty good...

Herremans is the Eagle's starting LG so it's 4 starters form last year's draft. Also Moats averaged 5.1 per carry last year and Trent Cole had 5 sacks and 5 stuffs last year so they'll see plenty of action if they stay healthy.

Well first off I don't think I said anywhere Brunell was Mr. Big Game. He hasn't earned that title yet. Also I don't think Brunell has ever had a panic attack during a game and vomited and lined up behind the guard and had to have another teamate call the play. Also just this last season in 2 tight games in the NFC east Mcnabb ended both with critical interceptions. He just has not shown any flashes at all of being clutch in critical situations.

Conversly put him in a game with a good lead or an inferior opponent and he excels.

Hoff44 I'll be the first one to tell you great reply. I seriously would expect more from someone with 4,000+ posts.

Not knocking on your Brunell comments. But the McNabb statement. Think about it. He was injured last season just like Brunell. Of course your stats and performance will go down. Lord knows ours did. Especially if you have hernia... Dont under estimate McGag when he is healthy.

I know we like to think that McGags chokes come in at big games but its not just on his shoulders. No I in team bro.

Just keeping it real, sorry if you feel like I flamed you.

Peace, HTTR & TITY!!!

Hoff44 I'll be the first one to tell you great reply. I seriously would expect more from someone with 4,000+ posts.

Not knocking on your Brunell comments. But the McNabb statement. Think about it. He was injured last season just like Brunell. Of course your stats and performance will go down. Lord knows ours did. Especially if you have hernia... Dont under estimate McGag when he is healthy.

I know we like to think that McGags chokes come in at big games but its not just on his shoulders. No I in team bro.

Just keeping it real, sorry if you feel like I flamed you.

Peace, HTTR & TITY!!!

I gave my opinion, I believe the events of Mcnabbs career support that view. Not sure what 4000 posts has to do with anything. I do feel bad I let you down. In the future I'll make sure to keep you in mind when I post. I'll be heartbroken if I dissapoint you again. :rolleyes:

I gave my opinion, I believe the events of Mcnabbs career support that view. Not sure what 4000 posts has to do with anything. I do feel bad I let you down. In the future I'll make sure to keep you in mind when I post. I'll be heartbroken if I dissapoint you again. :rolleyes:

You disappointed me. Why don't I get an apology?

I really appreciate the thought Hoff44 :D Sorry. Didnt mean to bust your nuts.

Peace, HTTR & TITY!!!

McNabb comes up in small games? List all the "Big" games that Brunnell has won. Thanks.

BTW, I love how people talk about the Eagles being a "threat" as if one good year sandwiched between a decade of mediocrity now makes the Skins prohibitive favorites.

Awesome. :laugh:

Suck it up and take it like a man WB! :laugh:

The NFC BEast is back!! Last years season should be considered a fluke and not the norm for Philly. They have been stealing our lunch money for far too long to think a bum-rush in the hallway is going to negate all of that. Can the Skins beat the Iggles this year...Hell yeah!! They better earn it though, Philly is in no way ready to accept the punk role unless it forced on them. The Linc is for real even though the Skins did win there last year. I hate Philly almost as much as Dallas but I would be completely remiss to disregard two competetive organiztions...in addition to being fierce rivals/

:logo:

For fans of a 6-10 team, it's really incredible of the bravdo expressed here.

You guys stunk last year. Stunk. You were stinking before any of the injuries. You were looking ordinary. Ordinary.

McNabb choked in the SB. Until he wins one, we'll all remember his stumbling around at the end of that game. TO called it like it was.

Sure, this is a new year and optimism runs rampant. But last year you were losers, and until that changes, you guys should shut up.

The eagles do draft well, where do you think those starters come from? I'm not an eagles fan at all, but I have to admit they draft well. Three of the starting DBs were from the same draft class. They draft extremely well on D except for LBs. They are average at LBs. The one position the eagles can not get right though, is wideout. For a team with West Coast "geniuses" they certainly can't draft any wideouts worth anything. Another thing is they need to "draft" a coach that doesn't pass 74 percent of the time. He's not going to win like that now in the East. He's not facing Spurrier anymore.

For fans of a 6-10 team, it's really incredible of the bravdo expressed here.

You guys stunk last year. Stunk. You were stinking before any of the injuries. You were looking ordinary. Ordinary.

McNabb choked in the SB. Until he wins one, we'll all remember his stumbling around at the end of that game. TO called it like it was.

Sure, this is a new year and optimism runs rampant. But last year you were losers, and until that changes, you guys should shut up.

I've had too many Redskins fan friends over the last 13 years to possibly understand this post.

If any fan base has ever been guilty of chest-puffing following dismal seasons, it is that of the Washington Redskins. As early as 12 months ago this was the case, and look how last season turned out.

Let's be clear also, if you actually believed the Eagles were as bad last season as you indicate here, what are the chances you would dedicate so much time and energy to disparaging them all over this board?

EVERY other team in the NFC east has gotten much better.............eagles did get howard, but nevertheless nothing major in the O side of the ball.......i will be shocked if the finish higher than 4th

Well, we do get a healthy #5 back on the O side of the ball, which is a bigger improvemant than any of the teams in the division can boast.

Well, we do get a healthy #5 back on the O side of the ball, which is a bigger improvemant than any of the teams in the division can boast.

But you did lose 81, who makes Dallas as offensively improved as you guys are in getting McNabb back.

Unless they go to a more balanced offense with a power runner, I can't see them being too much of a threat. All the NFC East teams have upgraded thier secondarys to defend the passing game.

McNabb. He always looks good in pre season. The real test is crunch time in a regular season game. He always forces the ball into coverage, thus your typical McNabb turnover with less than 2 mins. left in the game.

For some reason though, I see them being more of a threat than NY or dallass. They have an above average O-line. A veteran QB and a stout defense (when healthy). If Reid can stop over playing the west coast offense, they have a legtimate shot.

Dallass - No O-line. No RB. Over rated QB and TO.

G-strings - Decent O-line. Tiki can't handle the load he took last year. Eli might get better but his inexperience and lack of leadership (Taking control of Plax and Schocky) might/will be an issue this season. An aging DE (Strahan) and the addition of Arrington with all of his personal and physical problems might put a damper on thier run stopping abilitys at the line of scrimmage. Last but not least is Tom Coughlin. Being criticsized by your players after a playoff loss and thru out the off season, is not a sign of a happy camp.

That's just my opinion and lord knows, anything can happen in this game with injuries and such. I just keep getting this gut feeling that Philthy is going to be better than people think.

EVERY other team in the NFC east has gotten much better.............eagles did get howard, but nevertheless nothing major in the O side of the ball.......i will be shocked if the finish higher than 4th

If you're measuring from the end of last season when the Eagles played the Skins tough and took the Giants to OT there can be no question the Eagles will field the most improved team. They get back PBers McNabb Westbrook and Thomas and other former starters Pinkston and Fraley from the 05 IR and also added a legitimate 2nd TE in Schobel and WR Gaffney who is statistically as accomplished as Lloyd or El. They drafted Justice Gilles and Avant.

On D they added Howard Jasper and Barber and get PBer Sheppard back from IR and drafted Bunkley and Gogong.

Among players who were on the field at the end of 05 they lost only Kalu Adams and Hollis Thomas.

When you consider what teams added and what they lost none of the other 3 comes close to the Eagles in improvement.

*alone on Eagles Island*

You are right!

The Eagles offseason was MUCH better than the Redskins.

What was I thinking. :doh:

That's the problem with many of your posts Dock....Readers are left wondering "what were you thinking"....care to make your case with anything more than sarcasm?

That's the problem with many of your posts Dock....Readers are left wondering "what were you thinking"....care to make your case with anything more than sarcasm?

It almost isn't even worth arguing.

The Redskins added players that could immedia=tely contribute.

Lloyd

Randel-el

Carter

Archuletta

Coach Saunders

Fauria

Collins - teaching capacity/knowledge of system

The Eagles had a good draft.

But they only added a few players who could immediately contribute.

Howard

Gaffney (whose poor route and lack of effort caused the int in the HOF game BTW)

Runyan

Then they added depth

Sean Barber

Garcia

Schoebel

The offseasons do not compare.

The draft picks you mention are a long shot to contribute right away, and you know it.

Plus, the Eagles are lacking in two major areas they failed to address.

1) Short yardage running.

2) Speedy WR

I'm not making this stuff up. The Eagles only had real success when they had these elements, along with a powerful D-line.

It looks like they made some changes on the D-line, but offensively, all they really did was solidify the O-line. They didn't add to the skill positions.

If you like Moats, who is still banged up, Mahe, Perry as your RBs - great.

Or maybe you like the idea of giving Westy more carries, increasing his touches.

Increasing his likelihood of injury.

As far as WR, why do you think everyone is talking about Lelie and Porter?

Because it is a position of need that they failed to address.

So you can have all your "Eagles best offseason" and stay on the island.

To be fair, the major redskins question mark is the ability to implement the nuances of Saunders offense. If players don't pick up on what their responsibilities are, we will be frustrated as onlookers. The verbage has changed, the system is a little different, it all needs to be learned, and sometimes half a year is just not enough time.

Archived