Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Lloyd pimp-slaps Taylor Jacobs?

MRMADD

The sad thing is Jacobs has all the tools be a standout reciever in this league. Somehow his nards just seem to be missing on gameday.

Yeah, that's why it doesn't matter how much he gets praised by his teammates or coaches. It doesn't matter how great he looks in training camp. It doesn't matter if he catches 10 passes for 300 yards and 9 touchdowns in a scrimmage. It doesn't even matter if he lights it up in a preseason game.

A lot of us will still say, "Yeah, so why can't he get it done on Sunday?"

Yeah, maybe Taylor Jacobs said, "You're not taking my job until you learn to take a hit, boy". A little healthy competition would be a great thing. Of course, Taylor Jacobs calling anyone else soft would be... uh... ironic.

I just can't forgive Jacobs for blowing it in Seattle. Dropping an easy 3rd down pass, and then: "Take me out coach, I have a concussion! And my panties are too tight!"

Have you ever had a concussion? They suck. I will support TJ because I know he can do it, he's had a rough time but to say that we should keep ferris over him is a ridiculous thing IMO.

Have you ever had a concussion? They suck. I will support TJ because I know he can do it, he's had a rough time but to say that we should keep ferris over him is a ridiculous thing IMO.

Losing sucks too... The guy has been unreliable. Fish or cut-bait... I like the sound of that. We've wasted a lot of time waiting for this guy to blossom. As I see it, unless he has an amazing camp:

WR - Santana Moss

WR2- Brandon Lloydd

WR3 - ARE

WR4 - Patten

WR5 - Thrash

And then... Reserve a spot for another position, cut the rest and give Espy a shot on the practice squad. Really, do you guys see room on the roster for Jacobs to be injured half the year?

Have you ever had a concussion? They suck. I will support TJ because I know he can do it

Let me ask you a question: you're in the playoffs. It's third-and-short. Taylor Jacobs is wide open. Do you throw the ball?

Didn't think so.

Let me ask you a question: you're in the playoffs. It's third-and-short. Taylor Jacobs is wide open. Do you throw the ball?

Didn't think so.

You know what, I was gonna post something pro-TJ.. but after reading this... nevermind. It's true. Lets cut him

Have you ever had a concussion? They suck. I will support TJ because I know he can do it

I do not know if Taylor Jacobs ever had a concussion in his life but, I will tell you one thing, he did NOT have one on January 14th 2006. He broke under pressure, point blank. TJ had his shot and blew it. I really do hope that he can find success in the NFL. However, in my eyes, his career as a Washington Redskin is finished. :2cents:

I do not know if Taylor Jacobs ever had a concussion in his life but, I will tell you one thing, he did NOT have one on January 14th 2006. He broke under pressure, point blank. TJ had his shot and blew it. I really do hope that he can find success in the NFL. However, in my eyes, his career as a Washington Redskin is finished. :2cents:

You know this? For sure? Boy I've had 3 concussions in my life, 1 in football 1 in Bball and 1 from a fight, only one of those concussions was I out for a serious amount of time.

Things like visual disturbances can happen without extended loss of conciousness.

Our whole team sucked that day. Especially our QB and Walt Harris and Ryan Clark.

Didn't think so.

Absolutely. Though if TJ is on the field in a 2 WR set this year we have had serious injury troubles.

Brunell hardly ever hit TJ when he was open, but only seemed to throw him the ball when forced to by the coaches and then would often force it.

Does Cooley suck because he had some timely fumbles? Didn't think so.

I'm not going to argue anymore, I just don't get the venom towards such a young player. He is a great STeams player and just turned 25 and has had lots of injuries and has the full support of players whom I respect and don't talk BS.

He disappointed me last season I won't lie, I thought he would step it up once given a chance to play.

but I still say there is a reason Gibbs and staff are keeping him around after 2 years of nothing. Whatever it is I wish it would show up on game day.

funny a lot of these comments where made about Ladell Betts a couple years ago as well... but now that he has shown some talent, and Saunders praised him in public, you don't hear anyone saying cut him, wasted draft pick... etc...

in fact you read where people are worried about losing him in FA next season :)

He's not a bad Special Teamser. Didn't he block that punt against Detroit a couple of years ago? And the one in Denver last year?

Thats the only way he sticks to the team is if he can play ST. Even then he's not as good at Thrash at it and I can't see us cutting Patten over him...

Nope! Id keep Farris any day over Jacobs. Farris can catch and isnt injury prone. What is rediculous is anyone willing to give him yet another chance. How many does he deserve? And yet people arent even willing to give Campbell the oppritunity to play in a game before people call him garbage? Now that is rediculous IMO.

funny a lot of these comments where made about Ladell Betts a couple years ago as well... but now that he has shown some talent, and Saunders praised him in public, you don't hear anyone saying cut him, wasted draft pick... etc...

in fact you read where people are worried about losing him in FA next season :)

Good comparison! And, frankly, I'd like to see the Skins get better production out of their second round picks than just finding a career backup RB. But let's compare the two:

Both 2nd round picks. But Betts is solidly entrenched as the #2 RB and plays a vital role on the team. Taylor Jacobs is fighting for the #5 WR spot. And Betts has run for over 1200 yards and 5 TDs as a backup. What has Taylor Jacobs done? He averages 100 yards... per season. Betts has been healthy. Jacobs is perenially fighting some seemingly minor injury. Seriously, Betts has produced on the field (for his role) and Jacobs has not. Worse, Jacobs has shown that when he's needed because of injuries, he'll disappoint. That's the difference.

You know this? For sure? Boy I've had 3 concussions in my life, 1 in football 1 in Bball and 1 from a fight, only one of those concussions was I out for a serious amount of time.

Things like visual disturbances can happen without extended loss of conciousness.

If you go to the sidelines and cry to get taking out of a playoff game, claiming that you have a concussion only to go back in, is just funny to me. He broke under pressure and no, his faux concussion did not inhibit him from dropping passes thrown right to him. Not just in the Seattle game but through-out his whole Redskin career has been all in the same.

Oh good grief.

Same old song, just a few re-hashed verses.

When J. Gibbs & co. don't think he can do the job, they will dump him.

Until then he is a Redskin.

:obvious: :obvious: :obvious:

and when the sun goes down, its not light any more. :doh: :silly:

You people read too much into that. THe reason Taylor Jacobs is not listed is because he is not a well known NFL vet. Thrash is, Moss is, Patten is. You also didnt see him list Jimmy Farris.
Is our offensive line out of shape in general? I thought Jansen is suppossed to be one of our better blockers.

Yeah, Jimmy is probably sobbing by the water cooler now

Archived