Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Lloyd pimp-slaps Taylor Jacobs?

MRMADD

From Brandon Lloyd's blog:

Coach Al Saunders made a comment in our offensive meetings about the camaraderie among the wide receivers. That is the special thing about Santana Moss, David Patten and James Thrash--those three players from last year welcomed Antwaan [Randle El] and me like we've been playing on the Redskins for the last three years. It says a lot about the importance of winning to them.

Who's missing from that list of receivers? Hmmm...

On the flip side, did anyone notice that portis left Patten out when he listed our receivers in his newspaper article this morning? He did, however, mention jacobs.

It is very interesting that you bring that up. I read the post article, then watched the Portis post-practice interview on redskins.com right after. The post took everything word for word from that interview and put it into their article. . .

HOWEVER - Portis DID mention Patten in the interview after practice, the Post just chose to omit it from their article for some reason. Take a look, they are both still available.

F***in post

Maybe Taylor didn't welcome him like the other three did.

Yeah, maybe Taylor Jacobs said, "You're not taking my job until you learn to take a hit, boy". A little healthy competition would be a great thing. Of course, Taylor Jacobs calling anyone else soft would be... uh... ironic.

I just can't forgive Jacobs for blowing it in Seattle. Dropping an easy 3rd down pass, and then: "Take me out coach, I have a concussion! And my panties are too tight!"

On the flip side, did anyone notice that portis left Patten out when he listed our receivers in his newspaper article this morning? He did, however, mention jacobs.

Maybe cuz he hasn't seen him at camp due to his meningitis thing...

As for Jacobs. he is practice squad calibur and shouldn't be mentioned as a starter...

It is very interesting that you bring that up. I read the post article, then watched the Portis post-practice interview on redskins.com right after. The post took everything word for word from that interview and put it into their article. . .

HOWEVER - Portis DID mention Patten in the interview after practice, the Post just chose to omit it from their article for some reason. Take a look, they are both still available.

F***in post

That's interesting. It's also easier to forget someone during an interview than in something you write. You're up there, you talk, sometimes you slip up. But when you're writing an article you sit back and re-read it. Maybe he did just slip up and forget Jacobs... but he seems really specific about those "three" receivers.

^^^^^^ Jimmy who????

:wtf: Please don't look to much into this. I can name plenty of instances when the whole receiving corp was not mentioned. You guys are sure sensitive. Are you guys sure that you are not women or brokebacks????

:shutup: :cry:

Just kidding!

Anywho, to comment on Portis mentioning Jacobs. It is well known that Portis is high on him because even when Portis was on Total Access he gave big props to Jacobs and I was like :wtf:!

I am really sick of hearing about Jacobs and his 'potential'. Let's fish or cut bait with this guy in the next 4-6 weeks :)

You and me both. I really don't care how many players or coaches praise his talents anymore. He's had 3 years to turn that potential into results. He either gets it done in games, or he gets a job at Burger King. Of course, he'll probably drop the fries.

Anywho, to comment on Portis mentioning Jacobs. It is well known that Portis is high on him because even when Portis was on Total Access he gave big props to Jacobs and I was like :wtf:!

Yeah I agree with 100%.. I've seen Portis talk about him living up to his potential and being this great player... I don't know, I really wished him the best, but it just doesn't seem like it will work out here for him..

I am really sick of hearing about Jacobs and his 'potential'. Let's fish or cut bait with this guy in the next 4-6 weeks :)

Dude you took the words right out of my mouth. Man I HATE this guy. He is a waste of a roster spot. He would definitely drop the fries at Burger Kking. It is like my grandma once said, either **** :pooh: or get off the pot. :doh:

Archived