Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Plexico Hurt

skins1972

http://blogs.nydailynews.com/giants/

August 02, 2006

Plaxico Hurt

Two days after Jeremy Shockey went down with a concussion, the Giants lost another key player when Plaxico Burress suffered an apparent ankle injury. He spent most of the morning session sitting at a table between practice fields with his right ankle wrapped and elevated. It was not clear how he hurt it. Tom Coughlin is expected to provide an update within the hour.

UPDATE: After finishing his lunch, Burress said his ankle was, "A little sore, nothing to get overly excited about. I just woke up this morning, it was a little sore. It just swelled up overnight."

Burress added that he told his trainers he couldn't practice this morning and has no idea whether he'll be able to practice this afternoon. No tests have been run on his ankle, though Burress said it is being treated. He walked to lunch without a noticeable limp.

Coughlin was vague when asked about the injury after practice, but didn't seem to believe it was anything serious. "He just couldn't get it started today," he said. When asked whether Burress would be available for the afternoon practice, he said, "We'll see."

Meanwhile, Shockey remained out of practice with a Grade 1 concussion. "I've been better," Shockey said. "I have a headache. I'm very sensitive to light. I can't lie down. I get nauseous and sick and I can't sleep."

But Shockey was positive about making a quick return. "I know for a fact it won't be long," he said

']Clarify something for me. Who exactly is letting themselves go?

A lot of these guys don't stay in "Football" shape year-round.

One Redskin (in particular) I can think of is Stephen Davis. He always looked like he had to lose a little "babyfat" during the preseason.

Not Rosanne-esque, by any means, but still more than a pro should carry. I think many of these guys not staying in Football shape 24/7/365 can have a bad effect this early in the year. One of the things the 'Skins' trainers commented on at the OTA's was how everyone took their offseason regiments very, very seriously. That's one of the reasons they're being rewarded now, starting TC later, not having two-a-days on a daily basis, etcetera.

A lot of these guys don't stay in "Football" shape year-round.

One Redskin (in particular) I can think of is Stephen Davis. He always looked like he had to lose a little "babyfat" during the preseason.

Not Rosanne-esque, by any means, but still more than a pro should carry. I think many of these guys not staying in Football shape 24/7/365 can have a bad effect this early in the year. One of the things the 'Skins' trainers commented on at the OTA's was how everyone took their offseason regiments very, very seriously. That's one of the reasons they're being rewarded now, starting TC later, not having two-a-days on a daily basis, etcetera.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. Football players stay in shape more in the offseason now than they ever have. Shockey's concussion yesterday had nothing to do with him not being in shape. It had everything to do with Will Demps trying to make an early impression much like Matt Bowen did three years ago. As far as Plaxico goes I'm guessing it was just a pulled vagina (and he works it out constantly.).

I thought it was interesting that no tests were done on Burress. He just walked and said "yo, my ankle sprained. I'm not practicing." I think the hurting vagina comment was right on.

I think that just reflects the Giants confidence that all the work that Eli and Plaxico had in the offseason already has them in midseason form. No reason to risk it.

Oh wait.......................

Archived