Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fan Views: Returning from camp, post your comments here

Pete

I just got back from training camp and Mike Sellers was injured shortly into practice and was taken out on the cart. Most likely as a precaution, he was indeed grimacing but not to a terrible extent. He was favoring his lower leg, possibly his ankle or somewhere in that area. As he was being carted off there was scattered applause and someone said "That's Mr. Touchdown!"

Not 1st hand - but here are the pics from Yahoo/AP

capt.106f439a0a28486abfbb385db3e93ec6.redskins_camp_football_vagh110.jpg

Washington Redskins head coach Joe Gibbs signs autographs for fans after afternoon drills during the Redskins NFL football training camp in Ashburn, Va. Monday, July 31, 2006. (AP Photo/Gerald Herbert)

capt.91636ff19a854ddf81b1f90334fe52ba.redskins_camp_football_vagh111.jpg

Washington Redskins wide receiver Brandon Lloyd signs autographs for fans after practice during the Redskins NFL football training camp in Ashburn, Va. Monday, July 31, 2006. (AP Photo/Gerald Herbert)

capt.b144deb4c18d403c9efa93ddf67bf076.redskins_camp_football_vagh109.jpg

Washington Redskins Karon Riley, center, reacts as he soaks in a tub of ice water with teammates Ryan Boschetti, left, and Taylor Jacobs, right, after afternoon drills during the Redskins NFL football training camp in Ashburn, Va. Monday, July 31, 2006. Temperatures were in the upper 90's during the day. (AP Photo/Gerald Herbert)

capt.205cb3407d0349c4bf178c086ffe3a6e.redskins_camp_football_vagh105.jpg

Washington Redskins wide receiver Mike Espy pulls in a pass during drills at the Redskins NFL football training camp in Ashburn, Va. Monday, July 31, 2006. (AP Photo/Gerald Herbert)

capt.06f0145976944908abeaeb73899027d9.redskins_camp_football_vagh103.jpg

Washington Redskins quarterback Mark Brunell, right, puts on his helmet as he works out with backup quarterback Jason Campbell (17) during the Redskins NFL training camp in Ashburn, Va. Monday, July 31, 2006. (AP Photo/Gerald Herbert)

capt.db11f3baa8f24e2ca5694f37daaa141a.redskins_camp_football_vagh106.jpg

Washington Redskins quarterback Jason Campbell (17) passes during drills at the Redskins NFL football training camp in Ashburn, Va. Monday, July 31, 2006. (AP Photo/Gerald Herbert)

capt.1d9093fbd1f64462bffb89060cd2acdf.redskins_camp_football_vagh108.jpg

Washington Redskins quarterback Mark Brunell (8) passes during afternoon drills at the Redskins NFL football training camp in Ashburn, Va. Monday, July 31, 2006. (AP Photo/Gerald Herbert)

capt.20398bb5735c4e2f8d969731352682d3.redskins_camp_football_vagh107.jpg

Washington Redskins new associate head coach of offense Al Saunders, watches drills during the Redskins NFL football training camp in Ashburn, Va. Monday, July 31, 2006. (AP Photo/Gerald Herbert)

capt.aa354757dd184c76b3998794279554c7.redskins_camp_football_vagh102.jpg

Washington Redskins wide receiver Ataveus Cash drinks water during high afternoon temperatures at the Redskins NFL training camp in Ashburn, Va. Monday, July 31, 2006. (AP Photo/Gerald Herbert)

capt.0e1eb94357f94c35a4f5513ee6d77a37.redskins_camp_football_vagh101.jpg

Washington Redskins head coach Joe Gibbs, left, talks with Al Saunders, the new associate head coach for offense during the Redskins NFL training camp in Ashburn, Va. Monday, July 31, 2006. (AP Photo/Gerald Herbert)

I just got back from training camp and Mike Sellers was injured shortly into practice and was taken out on the cart. Most likely as a precaution, he was indeed grimacing but not to a terrible extent. He was favoring his lower leg, possibly his ankle or somewhere in that area. As he was being carted off there was scattered applause and someone said "That's Mr. Touchdown!"

yea, we heard about that. they said it was just cramps, thank goodness.

I was able to drop by practice, but I had to leave at 5:25 or so. How long did practice run? I kinda have to run at the moment, but I'll come back to see if I noticed anything that no one mentioned.

BTW, Robert Johnson is ENORMOUS for a TE. It'll be interesting to see if he works out.

And Sean Taylor made a brilliant break on the ball and could have literally decapitated Taylor Jacobs if he hadn't pulled up (it wasn't a full contact drill). How you feel about that depends on how you feel about Taylor Jacobs' presence on the roster.

L8.

I was there, practice ended about 6/6:30pm. My first time ever at Training Camp! It was fun. I got Taylor, Jansen and Khary Campbell to sign my Redskins hat.

Carter looked like a beast out there, getting the best of Samuels twice on 1 on 1 drills, Daniels also looked good beating Jansen twice. I'm a bit concerned about Rabach he didn't look so great in his drills. But it is the first day of practice. The running looks to be solid too.

Just got back.

Mark Brunell looked awful.

Todd Collins sure can dump it off nice but not much else.

Jason Campbell has the best arm out there.....by a mile. Hurry up and learn this offense JC.

On one play, Brunell hung Taylor Jacobs up for a wicked shot by Sean Taylor if it had been full contact. Luckily for Jacobs, Sean just ran by and didn't take a shot.

On another play, Brunell overthrew Moss on a deep sideline pass and Moss stretched for it and Archuleta came and clocked Moss. There was an audible "Whoa" from the crowd. Moss came up to the defensive huddle and exchanged handslaps with Adam.

Carter beat Samuels on one play, it was a swim move to the outside and got right into the QB's face quickly. It was a very good sign.

Moss looks as fast as ever.

Clinton was very shifty. He had some beautiful cuts.

The star of practice had to be Al Saunders, the crowd cheered him every single time he ran down the field with a runningback or wide receiver.

Lloyd lived up to his rep. He made a great sideline tippy toe catch but also dropped a simple out pass.

It may have been my imagination but it appeared that Pierson Prioleau was starting at safety ahead of Sean Taylor. It just seemed like whenever the starting D went out, I saw #20 out there in the secondary with Adam Archuleta.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Archived