Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

snake

headhunter39

Greatest Moment In Redskins History  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Moment In Redskins History

• The Quarter (35 Points In Second Quarter against Denver in the Super Bowl)
    • 2 89 Bomb: Santana Moss' 2 4th Quarter TD's against Dallas.
    • Seat Cushion Game vs. Atlanta Falcons
    • Darrell Green's Punt Return TD against the Bears
    • Art Monk's Becomes the NFL's All Time Leading WR
    • Darryl Grant's Interception of Danny White's Pass in NFC Championship Game
    • Riggin's Run against Miami in Super Bowl
    • RFK Shaking w/Chant of "We Want Dallas"
    • Clinton Portis' First Carry As A Redskin
    • Arrington's interception TD vs. Carolina (Started turn around of an 0-5 season)
    • Skins Firing Steve Spurrier (snickerin)
    • Other

so yesterday my whole family is out of the house doing there own stuff. i sit down to watch tv, i have all my **** together and im just about to relax, when my dog decides to flip out. i get up and go to the garage to tell him to shut up, because i figured he was barking at another dog. so i open the door and start yelling at him, but i notice that there is something in our garage that hes barking at. well, it didnt take long to realize that that something was in fact a snake. i figured it was a garnder snake, because it wasnt that big, so i was going to catch it and toss it somewhere, but my dog didnt shut up and then i heard its rattle. Oh ****!!! the rattle is surprisingly loud, i didnt really know what to do. i started yelling at my dog again to get inside, but hes as dumb as it gets and he just kept barking at it with a bone in his mouth and tail wagging. i keep yelling at him and finally he runs past the snake and i get him in the house. well i cant just throw something at it to get it away, because there is no telling where it will go, and i have a little brother who runs around outside. so i book it back into my house and down the stairs to the weight room and i grab a bar to beat the snake with. i run back up the stairs and i go out the front door instead of the garage door so i can keep it from escaping. it was still curled up like it was before head up, in striking position. **** that. i set down the bar and sprint up the street to my friends house because he has a pellet gun. his mom answers and i ask for my friend, but he wasnt there, so i ask for the gun. i go in their garage grab the gun, but i cant find the pellets. so finally my friend drives home and he gets the pellets and we go back to my house. but the damn thing is gone. we look in the side yard, the backyard and back in the garage, but we couldnt find it. just about to give up when, my neighbor says "holy ****" i turn expecting him to be joking, but there it was. behind the recycling bin. still curled and ready to strike. i load the gun and shoot, but the snake didnt really flinch. i load the gun again. bang. the snake hisses and slithers behind another bin. i could see the blood spilling out of a small wound. i load and shoot again and again and again. those ****s are tough as hell. finally i shoot it in the neck and its head goes limp. we grabbed a stick and pushed the snake out on to the driveway. i got a bball bat and crushed its head. we figured it was dead after that, but the body kept moving and curling around for about another hour. i didnt take long for half the neighborhood to gather around, which must have been a strange thing for my family to come home to, because they did. i cut off the rattle and tossed the body after everyone saw it. it was a strange afternoon i must say.

the end

Thats not cool man, killing snakes are not the thing to do. Just call the police and they will transfer u to the animal police and they can come pick up the snake.

:wtf: are you kidding me??? it could have bit my dog, me, my family, so **** calling the police. god knows when they would get there.

In the future, just get a stick and mash it down behind it's head. Then you can grab the thing behind it's head with one hand and grab the tail with the other hand.

Then take it somewhere safe and mash it

Sounds like it was a young snake if you thought it was a garder snake. I've seen rattlers over 6 ft down here, and we also have Pigmy Rattlers. They only get to be about 2 ft long, but are very agressive, and pack very strong venom.

I keep a clip with snake shot for my 22 ready to go all the time. We have tons of snakes down here, and some real nasty ones.

you know that baby rattlers are by far more deadly than adults? Just thought I would let you know

yeah that was what we were talking about yesterday. i heard that the smaller the snake the more poisonous it is. as long as its a poisonous snake. and it wasnt a baby, but it wasnt that big either.

Sounds like it was a young snake if you thought it was a garder snake. I've seen rattlers over 6 ft down here, and we also have Pigmy Rattlers. They only get to be about 2 ft long, but are very agressive, and pack very strong venom.

I keep a clip with snake shot for my 22 ready to go all the time. We have tons of snakes down here, and some real nasty ones.

im not exactly sure what kind of rattlesnake it was, it might have been a prairie rattlesnake if thats the actual name. it was mean, like i said it was in striking position the whole time.

There was a beautiful Red and black and yellow snake outside my house the other night. It dissappeared into an inground planter filled with stones. I dug and dug and never found it.

I was scared sh!tless because I thought it was a coral snake. But After diggiing for an hour, I went on line and found out the markings were off.

It was "only" a scarlet king snake.

But the next time I see it, it will be a "dead" snake.

Beware, if you cut off the head, don't expect it to be dead. The head, alone, can still bite and inject venom in you. Not kidding, i saw it on discovery.

Not sure if killing it the way you did was the best way to handle the situation. I can see your POV though. Given your dog had already engaged the snake already and it startled your neighbor, i'm sure if anyone of us was in the same situation we would have first thought to kill it.

Though another solution would be throw a trash can on top of it and call animal control.

Glad to hear you killed it, I had a pigmy on my patio this past weekend(lil ****ers love my patio, 2nd one this year) so it died a natural death with my axe. I had 5 of those son ****es I had to dispose of last year. I have to check my patio before I let my dogs out everytime.

it was still curled up like it was before head up, in striking position. **** that.

:laugh: That line is funny to me. Glad you were brave enough to face it head-on. I would have locked myself inside and called animal control, but shooting it with a pellet gun sounds much more interesting.

heh, a while back there were a few snakes, common black and gardner snakes though. Still, my parents hated them, everytime my dad saw one, he'd smack it a few times with a shovel. One time my brother poured bleach on it after they somehow got it in a bucket. Another time, we didn't feel like killing it so we just threw it away from the house.

I think they don't bother you if you don't bother them. However, I am all for the shooting it with a pellet gun if it's a poisonous snake. You were right, you couldn't be sure if your dog or brother were gonna do something stupid to startle it.

I hate snakes. I keep my Tippman custom 98 with the rapid fire loaded and ready to roll for the bastereds. When I see a snake I grab my 98 and a sheval. First I hit em with around 100 rounds with the tippman. Once they are hurt I smash em.

:wtf: are you kidding me??? it could have bit my dog, me, my family, so **** calling the police. god knows when they would get there.

That didn't stop you from running through your house or to your neighbor's house.. Your not to bright I must say =(..

I hate snakes. I keep my Tippman custom 98 with the rapid fire loaded and ready to roll for the bastereds. When I see a snake I grab my 98 and a sheval. First I hit em with around 100 rounds with the tippman. Once they are hurt I smash em.

100 rounds.. once they are hurt? lol

Archived