ESPN is a joke.

Guest sith lord

Whose the better set of coordinators  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Whose the better set of coordinators

• Pettibone/Henning
    • Williams/Saunders

Guest sith lord

Here we have Floyd Landis having a news conference denying doping allegations, which is the biggest sports news story as of right now and ESPN is the only network not covering it? I mean, if it's covered by CNN, MSNBC, FOXNEWS and even Headline News, shouldn't ESPN be covering it, considering they claim to be a sports network?

Guest sith lord
It's probably on ESPNnews

You should give ESPN a break. Scandal isn't important enough to cut into the 12th airing of sportscenter, or darts, or dominoes, or soapbox racing......

The reason I made this post was because it wasn't being carried by ESPNnews. Don't forget poker.

I was gonna start a thread about this. Anyone else pissed off how much spanish we had to put up with. Im not against spanish speaking people or anything like that. But half of the press conference was spanish and then we had to wait for the translation. Talk about a waste of time. :doh:

It's probably on ESPNnews

You should give ESPN a break. Scandal isn't important enough to cut into the 12th airing of sportscenter, or darts, or dominoes, or soapbox racing......

Hey - i'm enjoying the darts. Though the coverage is *uh* lacking. They tend to show one of every 25 shots or so. :doh:

Hey - i'm enjoying the darts. Though the coverage is *uh* lacking. They tend to show one of every 25 shots or so. :doh:

I watched the darts last night myself. The worst part is the horrible nicknames all the players have.

Hawaii 501 would be the worst if it wasn't for "last rights" Depriest.....

I watched the darts last night myself. The worst part is the horrible nicknames all the players have.

Hawaii 501 would be the worst if it wasn't for "last rights" Depriest.....

That English announcer gets all sorts of excited. :laugh:

Yeah - the nicknames suck, but those guys have some serious skill.

On topic - I agree, this DEFINITELY should have been covered by ESPN. This could be one of the biggest stories of the year.

I started to get into the darts (I was a friggin champion in college, we used to play all the time :cool: )... but my wife wasn't having any part of it. :( I think I ended up watching Design to Sell or something :doh:

That said, ESPN is losing focus in a big way.

Guest sith lord
are you kidding me its on sportscenter, cold pizza, and at leat 10 of the 30 minute espn news shows, he cheated everyone knows it im tired of it.

Today's news conference where he denied the allegations WAS NOT covered live by any ESPN network and it should have.

It's not a sports network anymore, its an entertainment network. You can see the evolution, much like MTV's a decade ago.

More entertainment "reality" shows (like the god-awful Contender), more shows that don't have to do with sports (dominoes, darts, etc.), and stories that will bring in higher ratings and not necessarily focusing on covering actual sports (Make a Wish whatnot, endless pre-draft hype and speculation, TO nonsense, A-Rod nonsense, Chris Berman's schtick, Stuart Scott's schtick, etc. etc.).

Why is it that Outside the Lines is only shown at 3:30 in the morning? Why doesn't ESPN classic actually show classic games? Where is the investigative journalism? Why can't we get ESPNnews on basic cable? Can we please get actual highlights on the highlight show of Sportscenter?

I really look forward to the day when another major national sports network is created (OLN doesn't count)

It's not a sports network anymore, its an entertainment network. You can see the evolution, much like MTV's a decade ago.

More entertainment "reality" shows (like the god-awful Contender), more shows that don't have to do with sports (dominoes, darts, etc.), and stories that will bring in higher ratings and not necessarily focusing on covering actual sports (Make a Wish whatnot, endless pre-draft hype and speculation, TO nonsense, A-Rod nonsense, Chris Berman's schtick, Stuart Scott's schtick, etc. etc.).

Why is it that Outside the Lines is only shown at 3:30 in the morning? Why doesn't ESPN classic actually show classic games? Where is the investigative journalism? Why can't we get ESPNnews on basic cable? Can we please get actual highlights on the highlight show of Sportscenter?

I really look forward to the day when another major national sports network is created (OLN doesn't count)

Outside the Lines is on at 330 in the afternoon too

Outside the Lines is on at 330 in the afternoon too

Is it really. hmm

Well then, they should show it at a time when people can actually watch it, and not when people are at work. Do we really need to see another TO segment, or do we really need to see Cold Pizza, Around the Horn, and PTI - all of which discuss the same exact issues each day?

• 2 weeks later...

ESPN is horrible. During their Sunday Conversation with Ortiz one of the questions was, "There was a debate on the Internet over who is more clutch, you are or Larry Bird." There was no debate. ESPN writer Bill Simmons wrote an article... comparing the two.

Archived