Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Hall kicking on redskins.com

FunBunch7

Everyone wants Novak...until another of his field goals gets blocked or a few of his kickoffs only reach the 12 yard line. Then the same "everyone" will want yet another kicker...

Hall had surgery to repair what was apparently misdiagnosed for the last few years as something less serious...if he's fully healed and his leg strength hasn't diminished he should be fine.

Not to mention that Novak averaged 4 yards less on his kick offs than an severely injured John Hall. Go look at any thousand other threads on this or NFL.com for the proof.

:rolleyes: I'll stick to the medical representatives of the Redskins thank you. We should be happy to have a kicker who performed so well under a misdiagnosed severe muscle and ligament tear.

John Hall will be fine. The thing some of yall fail to realize is his contribution on special teams. He made some huge plays this year that are easily forgotten. His tackle in Dallas on the kick off return after the second touchdown. His fumble recovery in the Seattle game. The only problem is that with his injury issues, hes going to have to stop his aggressiveness on special teams. Cause we all know how easy it is for a kicker to get injured, plus the fact that opposing players are all probaly looking to lay them out.

Novak played vs. the Cowboys and Seattle.

Without Novak, we lose at least two games(he made that tackle on the Dallas game, and the game winner against Seattle) and don't make the playoffs. Don't hate on him.

I'm not saying he's better than Hall, but he's better than an injured Hall. Let's just hope Hall stays injury free. There's nothing more aggravating than watching the Redskins get to their opponents' 35 yard line and then having to punt.

I watched the interview with Hall on the Skins site. He spoke about how much more serious his injury was last year than originally thought. Ihave to say it makes me very nervous having him as our kicker. All it takes is one little tweak and he will psychologically be in bad shape.

As a team that is making a serious Super Bowl run, the last thing we need is to have uncertainty at the kicker position. Need I remind that all 3 of the Patriots Super Bowl victories were by 3 points off the leg of Adam Vinatieri?

If and when the Cardinals release Novak, we should jump all over him.

THere will definately be a kicker or two released the 3rd or 4th week of pre season...I really think we need to look at the position. Maybe even put Hall through the ringers big time to test the groin.

You act like our staff, esp. Danny is ignorant to these same facts. SAying this, that mother ****er better not **** up any games for us!!!!

You act like our staff, esp. Danny is ignorant to these same facts. SAying this, that mother ****er better not **** up any games for us!!!!

I have the upmost respect for our staff...but sometimes there can be lapses in judgement. You can say that they all should have known that Brunell was hurt more then he was in 2004. We are talking baout player's livlihood here and they may not allways be straight...you have to put them to the test.

I have the upmost respect for our staff...but sometimes there can be lapses in judgement. You can say that they all should have known that Brunell was hurt more then he was in 2004. We are talking baout player's livlihood here and they may not allways be straight...you have to put them to the test.

I can respect that statement. ALL i'm saying is that there's no way Gibbs. and Co. will overlook this. Look for us to bring multiple kickers in later in camp.

Before his injury Hall was dominant, regularly making 50 yard-ers, and he is a beast on special team. Even though he was obviously in pain, he still went 12/14

If the surgery help his pulled muscle problems... then he will be fine.

Couldn't agree w/ you more Bubba. John Hall is a beast and if memory serves me correctly, Hall holds the record for most personal fouls called on a kicker. I saw some video where Hall tackled a guy, pulled him down, by the facemask and only the facemask, it was the one of the most blatant and intentional facemasks I ever saw.

Couldn't agree w/ you more Bubba. John Hall is a beast and if memory serves me correctly, Hall holds the record for most personal fouls called on a kicker. I saw some video where Hall tackled a guy, pulled him down, by the facemask and only the facemask, it was the one of the most blatant and intentional facemasks I ever saw.

Yeah and remember we are doing the guy a disservice calling it a pulled muscle problem, that is like saying Daunte Culpepper is recovering from a severe knee sprain.

It was a shredded and frayed seperation of the ligament from the hip in addition to a pulled muscle, he wasn't injury prone he just didn't get the surgery needed to correct an otherwise incorrectable injury.

Without Novak, we lose at least two games(he made that tackle on the Dallas game, and the game winner against Seattle) and don't make the playoffs. Don't hate on him.

There's no way you can say even Jose Cortez couldn't have won those games for us. Novak did help us win the Cardinals game, though he didn't mean to.

Im a big John Hall hater. Ive gone over the multiple reasons he should not be aRedskin in various other threads, so I wont here, but in my opinion, he is the weakest link on the team, weaker then Brunell's knees.
I have been very skeptical about John Hall's reoccuring leg problems. I am hopefull that this was the surgery (like Daniels last year) that gets him back on track. John has the leg and accuracy (when healthy) to be one of the best kickers in the league.

Here's hoping he's 100% this year. :cheers:

The only problem is that with his injury issues, hes going to have to stop his aggressiveness on special teams. Cause we all know how easy it is for a kicker to get injured, plus the fact that opposing players are all probaly looking to lay them out.

Thats one thing that always bothered me about Hall. While it's great to have a tough football player on special teams , I get tired of seeing Hall diving into the pile and trying to lay people out when he does not need to.

There's no way you can say even Jose Cortez couldn't have won those games for us. Novak did help us win the Cardinals game, though he didn't mean to.

Is that a joke? That's like saying Santana Moss didn't help us win against Dallas because "there's no way you can say that Lavern Coles couldn't have won those games for us".

I suppose, in some small way, you have a point. There's no telling exactly HOW things would have gone down if the players were different. Maybe Coles makes those plays, maybe he doesn't. Maybe Cortez makes the same field goals/tackles, maybe he doesn't.

But something tells me that he wouldn't have. You know, considering how Jose Cortez hasn't made a game-winning field goal in practically his entire career.

I don't think Novak is the best kicker in league. I'm just saying, why the hate? His plays won games for us. Fact. If he hadn't made those plays, we would have lost.

Also, about the blocked field goals: has he had a history of blocked field goals, with other teams? (I don't follow college football, so don't paint me as a Maryland fan) From the replays during the games, I could never tell is his kicks were low, or if the offensive line had broken down. I'd love to hear more info from people who know what they're talking about.

his kickoffs scare me.........he was not gettting them to the 20 at the end of last year!

Yep, made me sick to watch his kick offs float effortlessly to the 10 yardline like an autumn leaf, then get returned to the 30.

Everyone wants Novak...until another of his field goals gets blocked or a few of his kickoffs only reach the 12 yard line. Then the same "everyone" will want yet another kicker...

Hall had surgery to repair what was apparently misdiagnosed for the last few years as something less serious...if he's fully healed and his leg strength hasn't diminished he should be fine.

Good post, but one small correction: UMd graduates want Novak. Time to take off the Terrapin homer glasses and realize Novak won one game for us last year (Seattle), but he had more than his fair share of screw-ups.

this is a bit off topic, but has anyone seen that commercial with the cardinals kicker, drawing a blank on his name. But he kicks two off the left upright and then two off the upright. Granted he had a tee, but it was unreal. Can someone tell me how long he was kicking from? Wish we had that guy.

Good post, but one small correction: UMd graduates want Novak. Time to take off the Terrapin homer glasses and realize Novak won one game for us last year (Seattle), but he had more than his fair share of screw-ups.

He was also a rookie. If a player were to make mistakes in their career, one would hope it would be in their rookie year. Mistakes that early in ones career are correctable with the right coach. Hall is just overpaid and injury prone. Im sure he will get injured again this year, and we will have to take up another roster spot so we can bring in his temp, or intern, until "little brittle" gets better and returns to the 80% we all know him for. :laugh:

BTW: Im not Terp fan, Im a Hokie fan so no college loyalties for me, just disapproval of our current kicker.

There are two arguments here. Novak is better than an unhealthy Hall. That's a legitimate argument to make.

The other agrument -- a healthy Novak is better than a healthy Hall -- is a ridiculous argument to make. You want your kicker to be money from inside the 40. In Hall's career with Washington, he is 29 of 31. In Novak's short career, he is 7 of 9. Also, Hall has had only one kick blocked in his Washington career, while Novak has had two kicks blocked in 10 games. As for kickoffs, Hall has averaged 60.9 yards, while Novak has averaged 57.2 yards.

Hall's stats:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1705

Novak's stats:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/417825

If Hall is healthy (and I believe Joe Gibbs and Co. when they say he is), then all calls for Novak need to stop.

Couldn't agree more...as I was standing in the rain @ the Seattle playoff game, watching Mr. Hall kill the little momentum we had going all I could do was pray he would be gone. He's still here, so now I'm praying he does well. : )

Shouldn't you pray for him to do poorly? seeing as though the exact opposite happened when you prayed that he would be gone the first time. Maybe this time, if you pray that hall sucks, he'll help catapult the team into the NFC championship game!

GC

Archived