Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Hall kicking on redskins.com

FunBunch7

I watched the interview with Hall on the Skins site. He spoke about how much more serious his injury was last year than originally thought. Ihave to say it makes me very nervous having him as our kicker. All it takes is one little tweak and he will psychologically be in bad shape.

As a team that is making a serious Super Bowl run, the last thing we need is to have uncertainty at the kicker position. Need I remind that all 3 of the Patriots Super Bowl victories were by 3 points off the leg of Adam Vinatieri?

If and when the Cardinals release Novak, we should jump all over him.

THere will definately be a kicker or two released the 3rd or 4th week of pre season...I really think we need to look at the position. Maybe even put Hall through the ringers big time to test the groin.

Im a big John Hall hater. Ive gone over the multiple reasons he should not be aRedskin in various other threads, so I wont here, but in my opinion, he is the weakest link on the team, weaker then Brunell's knees.

Hall will be fine

I believe this surgery will probably save his career

on a sour note,he has a lower back tattoo......

LOL, I have only seen a lower back tattoo on a woman. Is it a bunch of flowers with a tribal design in the middle? :doh:

Im a big John Hall hater. Ive gone over the multiple reasons he should not be aRedskin in various other threads, so I wont here, but in my opinion, he is the weakest link on the team, weaker then Brunell's knees.

derrick frost

you lose

Everyone wants Novak...until another of his field goals gets blocked or a few of his kickoffs only reach the 12 yard line. Then the same "everyone" will want yet another kicker...

Hall had surgery to repair what was apparently misdiagnosed for the last few years as something less serious...if he's fully healed and his leg strength hasn't diminished he should be fine.

I can't imagine Gibbs and Co wouldn't have brought in someone if they felt this was an issue. Gibbs is a detail oriented coach and I don't think he would overlook something like this. So in my mind, Hall must be fine. HTTR!

I'm not real worried about his accuracy, although we sure could have used that 31 yarder in seattle in the 4th quarter...but his strength on kick offs and 45 yard plus filed goals.

I htink it is worth it to give him all the kicks in the pre season and if it doesn't look good, pick up someone during th elast week and give him an injury settlement.

John Hall will be fine. The thing some of yall fail to realize is his contribution on special teams. He made some huge plays this year that are easily forgotten. His tackle in Dallas on the kick off return after the second touchdown. His fumble recovery in the Seattle game. The only problem is that with his injury issues, hes going to have to stop his aggressiveness on special teams. Cause we all know how easy it is for a kicker to get injured, plus the fact that opposing players are all probaly looking to lay them out.

I can't imagine Gibbs and Co wouldn't have brought in someone if they felt this was an issue. Gibbs is a detail oriented coach and I don't think he would overlook something like this. So in my mind, Hall must be fine. HTTR!

Okay, you DO have a point here...but in 2004, Brunell was injured more seriously than he "let on" and it cost us dearly.

I htink they need to for lack of a better term, (beat the hell out of Hall and his leg/groin) and put him to the test with alot of kicks and some running down return men. You know at some point Hall will be asked to slow a guy up that breaks through and it could be THIS that causes an injury too, not just kicking.

John Hall will be fine. The thing some of yall fail to realize is his contribution on special teams. He made some huge plays this year that are easily forgotten. His tackle in Dallas on the kick off return after the second touchdown. His fumble recovery in the Seattle game. The only problem is that with his injury issues, hes going to have to stop his aggressiveness on special teams. Cause we all know how easy it is for a kicker to get injured, plus the fact that opposing players are all probaly looking to lay them out.

I think Novak made that tackle on the kickoff after the second TD in the Dallas game, actually...lol :laugh:

Before his injury Hall was dominant, regularly making 50 yard-ers, and he is a beast on special team. Even though he was obviously in pain, he still went 12/14

If the surgery help his pulled muscle problems... then he will be fine.

John Hall has something to prove in my mind. There are a lot of players on the skins that make an impression on me and Hall is not one.

I hope you're right, because I'm going to be critical as hell this year about Hall.

I stand corrected, it was Novak on the sidelines.

Did Hall have a key special teams tackle in Arizona or was that Novak too?

Well, Novak was playing FOR Arizona by the time the Skins played Arizona, so I'm gonna guess it wasn't him..lol.. :) I actually don't remember much about that game (the three INTs in the first quarter made the rest of the game a blur in my memory..heh)...Maybe it was Frost?...

John Hall is a badass. If healthy he'll be a dominant kicker for us this year. Blame the medical staff for not properly diagnosing the injury and rolling him out there to re-injure himself over and over.

If Hall is healthy all of us will breathe easier.

Well, Novak was playing FOR Arizona by the time the Skins played Arizona, so I'm gonna guess it wasn't him..lol.. :) I actually don't remember much about that game (the three INTs in the first quarter made the rest of the game a blur in my memory..heh)...Maybe it was Frost?...

Im going to try to watch some video, ill get back to you.

It was Hall. He tackled Reggie Swinton. Hall has made several big tackles over the last three years. He's a big dude for a kicker.

Archived