Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ravens vs. Redskins scrimmage a Superbowl preview?

2Legit2Quit

I htinbk most of us would prefer meeting the Raiders in the Super Bowl for revenge sake, but they have no shot.

We will likely play the Colts, Steelers, Patriots or Chiefs...IMO...oh wait, we have to MAKE it to the big dance first...here's hoping! We could play the ASU SunDevils for all I care as long as we make it!

Don't underestimate the effect a tough-as-nails, rifle-armed, mobile veteran quarterback can have on a team. You know what the Ravens' defense is gonna bring, provided their interior line is a little better this year.

I expect the Ravens to sneak into the playoffs at 9-7 or 10-6. But Super Bowl? I don't know.

Hmm...In Ray Lewis' last full season (2004) he had 146 tackles. Not too shabby. Jamal Lewis is a little bit more of an uncertainty with only 3.3 YPC last year.

And just for the record, McNair's career QB rating is 83.3. He was at 82.4 last year. He'll be fine.

Listen, I hate the Ravens as much as the next Skins fan, but they could be a dangerous team.

Hmm...In Ray Lewis' last full season (2004) he had 146 tackles. Not too shabby. Jamal Lewis is a little bit more of an uncertainty with only 3.3 YPC last year.

And just for the record, McNair's career QB rating is 83.3. He was at 82.4 last year. He'll be fine.

Listen, I hate the Ravens as much as the next Skins fan, but they could be a dangerous team.

They'll definitely be improved from last season. Up is the only way they can really go this year, though.

Clint

The Ravens will be somewhat improved, (with a healthy Ray Lewis and a healthy Jamal), HOWEVER, QB aside, they did not address their glaring need on the O-line. Joe Montana in his prime couldn't succeed behind that sieve of a line. Because of that, they will continue to wallow in mediocrity.

the Ravens competition is relatively unchanged, unless both Palmer and Roethlisberger suffer major backlash due to their injuries. Pretty unlikely 3 teams from a division make the playoffs. MacNair connecting to Mason will help, but other than that, I doubt it, their competition is too good. I still see the Browns surprising people a little.

all of that jabber coming from someone who sweats JEFF FRIGGIN GEORGE...and admits it!!!!!!

Its actually scary though, he picks the Redskins to go far AND the Ravens.....at first you think ok maybe he's on to something...then you realize nah, he's juat a MORON and now I'm worried were gonna go 5-11 along with the Ratbirds from Baltimore. :hammer:

The Ravens are the third best team in their division, tops. Not saying they won't make it hard for some teams, but even with their question marks the Bengals and Steelers are still superior to them. I remember talking heads picking them last year to go to the Superbowl, how did that work out? Now they act like bringing in McNair and drafting Ngata will suddenly make their offense and defense both top notch. I just don't see it.

As for the Skins representing the NFC, I think he nailed that one. Even a broken clock is right twice a day:D

That would be freaking awesome. The two cities would tear each other apart.

I think the ravens have a good shot at the playoffs. It all depends on McNair and Lewis. If Lewis runs like he used to it will take a lot of pressure off McNair and allow him to do his things.

The Ravens D is not bad they switched back to a 4-3 which puts more bodies in front of little Ray Ray allowing him to run free. Don't sleep on the purple parakeet they could be good.

i know they have McNair, but two words that keep baltimore from 6 wins let alone the bowl - KYLE BOLLER. The guy is so bad that he might actually make McNair worse in a cryptonite kind of way. Bowler is the essence of sucking; his sucking has stretched all the way to Jamal last year and their offensive line. Even the resident nuclear physicist Brian Billick has been affected by the fallout from Boller suck bomb.

"I can't explain it; since i drafted him, he should be the next John Unitas like Elvis Grbac was when i was the only head coach in the history of the Super Bowl to CUT my QB after winning the Super Bowl. Man, if Jesus, Muhammed, Yahweh, and, Buddha were as smart as me; we'd have world peace." said Dr. Brian Billick, Phd, Md, CPA, OBGYN, DH, A-HOLE after washing more blood off of Ray Lewis' mom's car in Owings Mills, Md.

The scrimmage is a preview of the preseason game a few weeks later and nothing else; McNair is old and Boller is as good as Grbac was wearing that lame uniform.

The Ravens will be somewhat improved, (with a healthy Ray Lewis and a healthy Jamal), HOWEVER, QB aside, they did not address their glaring need on the O-line. Joe Montana in his prime couldn't succeed behind that sieve of a line. Because of that, they will continue to wallow in mediocrity.

I agree with Skinsfan1311...the only solid linemen in the group is Ogden. It's hard to tell how much of Boller's struggles was in his head or on the line in front of him. The same goes for Jamal Lewis (although I can't imagine having to deal with prison, I don't think is messed him up that much to make him have such a bad year).

I also think there are holes in their secondary...Ed reed can't play all 4 positions. In a very competitive AFC North Division, they aren't getting to the playoffs.

Archived