Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything special planned for the first Monday Night Game?

GPREP HOG

Does anyone have any knowledge of what the Redskins Front Office might have in store to start off the season on MNF with a "bang"?

I remember last year at the begining of the season before Denver's MNF (forget who against) there stadium was just insane, everyone had (I believe) some kind of bright orange towel and they had that guy ride on a horse. If I remember correctly Denver started out the season bad losing to Miami however after that MNF game they took off.

Starting off this season on a good note is going to be key, with the teams being pretty close, honestly if Washington, Giants, Eagles or Cowgirls end up winning the division you are not going to see any Critics say they are suprised. Where as last year, everyone picked the Eagles and if the Skins had one won more game and won the division.......well that would have been a HUGE upset (in the eyes of the critics/opinionaters at ESPN/SI). This year not the case.

Starting off this season is going to be HUGE!! Now of course, with the coaching staff we have and the high character players in a city that loves there team as much as DC, well you should not expect them to really need something to get them really pumped up. You know GIbbs is going to have them mentally prepared and be completely ready for the game.

BUT.......

Does anyone know if the Skins front office are going to do anything special? Maybe burgandy/gold towels to hand out to the fans before the game (that would be nutts)?

If know one knows of anything legit on what they might have in store, I know there are people on this site with connections within the organization, and enough diehard fans on here who would use there connections/resources to help put something together.......any ideas?

Had really wanted to do something for the Dallas game last year, probably the best game of my life, if they had passed out burgandy/gold rags to the fans those things would have been waving all game........but that game was perfect, so I am not complaining.....

:dallasuck I think we need to get the chant going "WE WANT DALLAS" in the 4th and I mean LOUD!!!

I'll be at the Vikings game.

Count me in for starting the chant in my section.

We just gotta coordinate and get that thing going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minute warning!!!! Here we come dallas!!!!

I'll be at the Vikings game.

Count me in for starting the chant in my section.

We just gotta coordinate and get that thing going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minute warning!!!! Here we come dallas!!!!

I like that!

"Here we come Dal-las, here we come!"

:dallasuck I think we need to get the chant going "WE WANT DALLAS" in the 4th and I mean LOUD!!!
Just don't do it if the Vikings are still in the game, we don't want to motivate them by looking past them.

For the record, the Vikings game is one that I'm worried about. The Brad Johnson factor frightens me.

I'm planning on showing my 6th graders a highlight video from last year...got a bunch of hard-core skins fans in my upcoming class. In fact, I think Skins highlight vids will become a Friday-before-the-football-game tradition.

HTTR! :logo:

<------------------*Hey! It's my Art Monk Post!*

Brad Johnson..a factor? Please explain, i'm not seeing it.
I have discussed this extensively in this thread:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159337

Since its a bit off topic here, I'll just sum up. All Johnson does is win. He won in Minnesota, he won in Washington, he won a Super Bowl in Tampa Bay, and he won last season, going 7-2 as the Vikings starter. This shouldn't surprise anybody since Johnson has the third best win-loss ratio among active QB's (65-43). So, in short, I wouldn't bet against Brad Johnson. He wins.

Plus, he was chased out of town unfairly (he is one of only two Redskins passers to post a 4,000 yard season and one of only two QB's to lead us to the playoffs in the past 15 years). I imagine he will be eager to remind us what we gave up a few years ago.

I'm not saying we can't win. I'm just saying that Brad Johnson is a major factor to keep in mind when thinking about this game.

Being that the game is on September 11th, aren't they going to have some kind of Patriotic tribute before the game? ~ B&G towels would be cool, for my first home game I want that place to be rocking! I hope I still have my voice by halftime : )

Bingo. Last year they gave out miniature American flags (opening day was alson on Sept. 11th last year) and had a big patriotic halftime show with the whole huge flag on the field and such. It'd be nice to have some fireworks and such since its a night game.

Towels would be cool...but I don't see that happening.

:laugh: Don't forget to then watch it all the way around the stadium instead of the game.

Haha..man..I saw it go around 2 and a half times in the upper bowl... I was totally distracted.

Ok, I am a college student in Fl, I am seriously debating spending my tuition money on coming up for the ESPN Monday Nite home opener. I've never been to a game at Fedex, but have seen every Wash game in Tampa since '99, (yes I was there for that fateful playoff game) If I can actually find a scalper for the game what should I expect to pay for horrible seats?

Ok, I am a college student in Fl, I am seriously debating spending my tuition money on coming up for the ESPN Monday Nite home opener. I've never been to a game at Fedex, but have seen every Wash game in Tampa since '99, (yes I was there for that fateful playoff game) If I can actually find a scalper for the game what should I expect to pay for horrible seats?

prolly like $80:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :helmet: :logo: :point2sky :cheers: oh wel its worth it baby!!!

Archived