Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

dana said in the post fight presser that even though vegas is allowing 5 round non-title fights, he wont do it

said that the fan in him would love to see it, but title fights have to mean something extra. so even when they go to vegas, dont expect any non-title 5rd fights.

also said he's not sure who's getting next crack at anderson. said he has to take some time to think

Randy signed a new 28month 6fight contract earlier today. he said there's a chance he could go back to 205. dana said its pretty much up to randy

Pissed I missed this one. From the comments it sounds like the Couture/Nog fight was awesome. I'll definitely have to look for that on the replay.

i'll have a link to the fight sometime tomorrow if you or anyone else needs it

2mi1gdt.gif

2mjvwn.gif

Edited by StillUnknown

I'll take:

I just caved and opened up an account on a betting site. Bet on Silva, Nog, and parlayed Silva and Nog as well. This could be very dangerous for me.

:dj:

why did they say randy's never been submitted?

thats blatantly untrue

He qualified it with "in the octagon". He even mentioned Overeem by name. Another guy in Japan too I think.

Yves Levigne: "Protect that knee!"

Thanks, Yves, I'll make sure to do that.

:throws head kick on knee:doh::

Holy freaking moly that was an amazing fight between 2 legends. I'm glad it was only a 3-rounder because I think Randy would have been subbed in the next round. Those two men were trading some insane punches in the first round. Huge props to both guys and Nog finally looked as good as his Pride reputation. Dude is sick. (Good sick.)

How slick were those two sweeps by Nog? I'm still not sure exactly what he did there. Can't see the technique. He just seemed to flip over. Was it all hips?

nog has always been deadly with the sweeps, his teacher De La Riva was pretty big on sweeping bigger guys since he himself was smaller than alot of the guys he fought in bjj

nog has some size and probably caught randy off balance for split second, and with nog thats all it takes. hips + leverage + momentum of randy being off balance = swept when facing Nog

the sweep at the end of the fight would been real bad for randy if there were any time left on the clock, he had randy mounted and pinned against the cage

Just found this too:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16022/anderson-silvas-camp-calls-for-marquardt-vs-henderson-the-spider-willing-to-wait-for-result.mma

I wouldn't mind Marquardt vs. Hendo for the title. Although I really want to see Hendo get another shot.

"The Spider's" camp calls for Marquardt vs. Henderson; Silva willing to wait for result

by John Morgan on Aug 30, 2009 at 7:00 am ET

PORTLAND, Ore. – While many observers felt Saturday's UFC 102 contest between Nate Marquardt (29-8-2 MMA, 8-2 UFC) and Demian Maia (10-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC) was an unofficial No. 1 contender's contest, the next challenger for middleweight champ Anderson Silva (25-4 MMA, 10-0 UFC) remains unclear.

Marquardt impressively dispatched of Maia in just 21 seconds and picked up the Portland, Ore., event's "Knockout of the Night" in the process.

But following the event, UFC president Dana White wasn't quite ready to schedule Marquardt vs. Silva II, and Silva's camp told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that they feel the organization should go in a different direction.

"I think [Marquardt] looked great tonight, obviously," White said. "Those are the kind of punches you see in movies. That stuff usually isn't real – video games or something. It was an unbelievable shot. He looked great, and I've got to figure this thing out now.

"I've got to figure this thing out and think about it. Obviously [Marquardt and Dan Henderson] are both in the mix for a title shot against Anderson."

Silva's manager, Ed Soares, echoed White's praise of Marquardt and said he believes "The Great" should face UFC 100 winner Henderson (25-7 MMA, 5-2 UFC) to determine who will next face the Brazilian champ.

"[silva] wants to fight the biggest fights possible," Soares said. "Right now, I think Nate Marquardt had a great fight tonight. I think the fight that should happen is Nate Marquardt vs. Dan Henderson for the No. 1 title contender. That's what I believe."

Silva has previously bested both fighters, submitting Henderson in March 2008 and earning a TKO win over Marquardt in July 2007.

The humble Marquardt, who's gone 4-1 since the loss to Silva – a stretch that includes three-straight wins and a controversial loss to Thales Leites – said he's open to all options.

"I don't really care who I fight next," Marquardt said. "I want to fight the best opponents, and I feel like I'm going to get my shot when it's time – when it's my time.

"[A title shot with Silva] doesn't have to be next. I'd be glad if it was next, but whatever is next, I'm excited for it."

The one sticking point might be Henderson, who at a UFC Fan Club Q&A session on Friday said he would prefer to move up to light heavyweight if a middleweight title shot wasn't next in line.

"If I don't get the title shot right now at 185 – [silva] is the only guy I want to fight at 185 (pounds)," Henderson said. "Beyond that, I would probably go up to 205 (pounds) if I don't fight Anderson at 185.

"I like fighting at 205 (pounds). More of a challenge for me, I guess."

Henderson will have to buy in, but if White can arrange the contest between "Hollywood" and Marquardt, Soares said Silva will be happy to sit back and wait for the result of the fight if necessary.

"We'll take a rest," Soares said. "We've fought twice this year."

Of course, the Brazilian will also consider all available options.

"He's got three fights left on his contract," Soares said. "Who knows.

"If the right opportunity comes up – he wants to work out a few little kinks and bruises that he's got. We're not too sure. [silva] wants to take a little break, though."

For complete coverage of UFC 102, check out the UFC Events section of MMAjunkie.com.

(Pictured: Ed Soares and Anderson Silva)

John Morgan is the lead staff reporter for MMAjunkie.com.

Just found this too:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16022/anderson-silvas-camp-calls-for-marquardt-vs-henderson-the-spider-willing-to-wait-for-result.mma

I wouldn't mind Marquardt vs. Hendo for the title. Although I really want to see Hendo get another shot.

I love this. Anderson doesn't have many fights left. He ahs already beat them both. Let them fight for it.

I'm pulling for Nate.

I love this. Anderson doesn't have many fights left. He ahs already beat them both. Let them fight for it.

I'm pulling for Nate.

usually i dont like fighters managers speaking on other fighters potential fights, but in this case it makes the most sense

its hard to argue who deserves a shot more at being Anderson's next victim

they both deserve it, let them fight it out to see who gets it

I literally Lol'd when Marquardt called out Anderson.

apparently so did Anderson. lol

Edited by StillUnknown

http://sherdogblog.craveonline.com/blog/2009-09-01#19435

Tuesday, September 1 12:25 am PT: According to Fighter’s Only, Wanderlei Silva and Anderson Silva -- former teammates at Chute Boxe who got under each other’s skin in the past several months -- have made peace over dinner.

The Silvas were brought together by Rafael Alejarra, Silva’s conditioning coach, who petitioned both men to resolve their issues. It was successful. (We know this already, because if it weren’t, YouTube footage of the two in a Thai plumb and a mess of airborne breadsticks would have already made its way online.)

Whether this means Anderson has gained another friend to avoid fighting (see: Lyoto Machida, Paulo Filho, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira) is undecided; Silva himself will be out of action for awhile after having facial surgery. It’s a long way from being an issue.

i barely recognized Wand when he came out with Maia. dude looks completely different now, and not necessarily a better kinda different

I saw him but didn't notice anything really different. Got a pic?

It was weird. I am hoping it was just swelling. If you saw him straight on, he looked fine, but from the side or from an angle, it did not even look like him. It was almost like a brother nobody knew Wand had or a bizarro mix between Wand and Dave Kaplan.