Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Well, who else could possibly beat him?

No big men. So you would have to go down in weight, and find someone who wouldn't be stupid enough to stand with him.

That takes out Anderson.

While GSP would certainly be an underdog.....if he could get Brock to stumble, or could get him down, he would be fast enough, and dangerous enough, to get on an ankle or other submission.

God knows GSP is 10x more talented at this time in terms of technique.

Mir is more talented than lesnar in terms of technique. if i had to pick someone from a smaller division to beat Lesnar it would be Machida due to the fact that his style is so difficult to anticipate (still don't think he would be lesnar though)

GSP is more talented than lesnar, thats not really debatable. this is why they have weight classes, because as talented as GSP is, the weight difference would be too much

Edited by StillUnknown

Allow Bobby Lashley to get a couple of more fights under his belt, and I'd like to see Lashley go up against Lesnar. Yes, I know Lashley isn't in UFC; however, I believe it's only a matter of time before he signs with UFC.

That's actually a remote possibility. Lashley could probably hang with him.

Amazing how "fake" former wrestlers are now dominating MMA.

That's actually a remote possibility. Lashley could probably hang with him.

to be fair only 2 have tried (not counting ken shamrock because he was ufc first)

Lesnar & Lashley both come from collegiate wrestling backgrounds so its a much easier transition for them

Mir is more talented than lesnar in terms of technique. if i had to pick someone from a smaller division to beat Lesnar it would be Machida due to the fact that his style is so difficult to anticipate (still don't think he would be lesnar though)

GSP is more talented than lesnar, thats not really debatable. this is why they have weight classes, because as talented as GSP is, the weight difference would be too much

Machida wouldn't stand a chance, either.

I think Lashley could probably hold his own in about a years time if Lesnar doesn't improve as well... But if Lesnar keeps training hard and staying hungry, Lashley won't stick with him either.

I don't think Fedor beats Lesnar, but right now, Fedor is the only real hope to beating Lesnar soundly. Others might be able to beat him off of a stupid mistake or one good kick... But if anyone is going to go in and leave no question on a Lesnar defeat, it's Fedor.

And I just don't think Fedor can beat him. Not now.

Well, few people want to see Lesnar rip through another 3-4 HWs who have absolutely no chance of beating him.

Lashley, a year from now, could be a possibility.

And of course, Fedor.

Aside from that?? We would have to drop down in weight to find someone with any shot. You would think Machida.....I would think GSP would fare better.

to be fair only 2 have tried (not counting ken shamrock because he was ufc first)

Lesnar & Lashley both come from collegiate wrestling backgrounds so its a much easier transition for them

Josh Barnett was a pro wrestler in Japan as well.

Well, who else could possibly beat him?

No big men. So you would have to go down in weight, and find someone who wouldn't be stupid enough to stand with him.

That takes out Anderson.

While GSP would certainly be an underdog.....if he could get Brock to stumble, or could get him down, he would be fast enough, and dangerous enough, to get on an ankle or other submission.

God knows GSP is 10x more talented at this time in terms of technique.

What!?

Stop it! If anything, people SHOULD stand with Brock. He's a national champion wrestler. He's got incredibly heavy hands but that doesn't mean he's impossible to beat on the feet. There are plenty of people with one shot power. Standing on the feet actually worked for Mir in the second round. Brock admitted to seeing "tweety birds" after that knee. Brock swallows guys up on the ground. I think the best chance for somebody is to catch him on the feet.

What!?

Stop it! If anything, people SHOULD stand with Brock. He's a national champion wrestler. He's got incredibly heavy hands but that doesn't mean he's impossible to beat on the feet. There are plenty of people with one shot power. Standing on the feet actually worked for Mir in the second round. Brock admitted to seeing "tweety birds" after that knee. Brock swallows guys up on the ground. I think the best chance for somebody is to catch him on the feet.

Agree with you 100%.

If Brock goes to the ground and he gets any kind of opening, your face is hamburger.

If you can stand up and stagger Lesnar he might be able to be knocked out, or rocked hard enough for someone to take advantage and get him down and submit him quickly. But you're not going to do it going for quick take downs and fighting him on the ground... Again, unless Brock makes a mistake.

Very few so far. But their success has been impressive, to say the least.

What!?

Few can stand with the guy, or take punches from him. Ditto with Fedor.

Where he currently lacks is in the other areas.

No one wants to see a bunch of meatheads line up for him, only to see them get KTFO quickly. Boneheads like Sylvia. Please keep that loser out of UFC.

I would like to see him fight someone lethal on the ground, who is a little faster.

And no one is unbeatable. Except for Fedor, prior to the challenge that Brock now poses....or the entire Gracie family prior to about ten years ago.

Brain surgeon, why don't you tell everyone who could give Lesnar a great match then.

Take your time.

And Lindland was about the closest thing Fedor has had to a loss in a long, long time.

I was thinking Miguel Torres. He's 135 pounds but he has way more technical prowess than Brock. There's always Vern Troyer, as well.

Shane Carwin, Dos Santos, Alistair Overeem, Gonzaga, Cain Velasquez. There are plenty of interesting matchups that will take place in the future. None of them include a welterweight.

Lindland was the closest to getting a fluke loss from Fedor since his actual fluke loss. It had nothing to do with Lindland catching or beating the crap out of Fedor. If your point is that GSP could win by fluke, well it'd have to be one hell of a fluke. Otherwise, Lindland is bigger than GSP and Fedor is smaller than Brock. The weight and sheer size difference would be too ridiculous to overcome.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Machida wouldn't stand a chance, either.

I think Lashley could probably hold his own in about a years time if Lesnar doesn't improve as well... But if Lesnar keeps training hard and staying hungry, Lashley won't stick with him either.

I don't think Fedor beats Lesnar, but right now, Fedor is the only real hope to beating Lesnar soundly. Others might be able to beat him off of a stupid mistake or one good kick... But if anyone is going to go in and leave no question on a Lesnar defeat, it's Fedor.

And I just don't think Fedor can beat him. Not now.

i agree

i don't think any non-HW would ever beat lesnar, i'm just saying Machida would have the best chance out of them all

Fedor's biggest issue would be staying off his back. we know Fedor cuts and swells often in his fights. i think brocks ground n pound even if not direct hits could slice and swell fedor's face and get a stoppage early in the fight

Fedor hits as hard as any HW though, so if he could keep it standing he would have a great shot at winning

This is more retarded than your Betts is better than Portis comments. Seriously, you just destroyed any validity that you may have had when it comes to MMA.

Betts gets paid 1/5th of the money Portis does.

Betts + another player acquired with the other 80% of Clinton's salary would be much better than Portis alone.

Boldin, or a real lineman for example.

Most posters now realize, and have accepted that Slacky. Some are still....well....a little slow or slack.

Good to see you unbanned, and back on the forums again.

Welcome back.

Edited by McD5

Winner

i think Carwin is Brock's biggest threat in the UFC right now. Cain is only 230-240lbs. his wrestling would be nullified against Brock, and he leaves his chin out to be tagged while standing. If brock hit him like Kongo did, Cain would stay down

Carwin is the only other HW that cuts weight to get to 265 so he might be the best physical matchup for Lesnar. Not to mention he has 1 shot KO power. problem is, i don't think he could stop Brock from taking him down and applying some more ground n pound

it'll be interesting to see who gets the next shot at Brock: the only real options are the winner of Randy/Big Nog or the winner of Cain/Carwin

Edited by StillUnknown

Okay, I think the people that normally post in this thread need to have a meeting that addresses how to save our pristine, high-quality (except for my posts), MMA discussion zone from turning in to a warm can of Milwaukee's Best. Seriously dude? Seriously? Brock could possibly dislocate GSP's shoulder with one grasp of the wrist. GSP would be giving up 100 pounds against a guy that would easily dominate his strongest weapon in his wrestling.

Too late, I've already posted in here too. :silly: I'd say that leaves Chachie, 99, sebowski, Slacky, BigMike, StillUnknown, Destino, and a few others left to salvage this mess :laugh:

100% serious.

No one can bang with Lesnar. So it is going to take a faster, smaller machine who can get behind him and submit him.

GSP is that man.

Actually, I think Betts is THAT man...only HE could submit Lesnar.

Really though, you are THE most hilarious poster on ES, bar none.

Betts gets paid 1/5th of the money Portis does.

Betts + another player acquired with the other 80% of Clinton's salary would be much better than Portis alone.

Boldin, or a real lineman for example.

Most posters now realize, and have accepted that Slacky. Some are still....well....a little slow or slack.

Good to see you unbanned, and back on the forums again.

Welcome back.

Thanks for the welcoming.

I just don't see Betts as a clear cut every down back. He's a great change of pace back. And I will give you that is a MUCH better receiver out of the back field. But in no way is he half the blocker or downfield runner that Portis is. That's a topic for another thread though.

There is NO way that GSP could handle Lesnar. He would literally be thrown around like a rag doll. And I don't think his arms are big enough to get around Brock's neck to apply the RNC. Brock would stuff all his takedowns, and would proceed to use his massive size to crush GSP.

As far as people that could beat Lesnar, as doublestroke and SU pointed out, Carwin and Velasquez. Both are within 20 pounds of Lesnar and up and coming in the UFC. So Brock may have the title for a bit longer, but I see Carwin making a big push for it. And remember that Velasquez is only 27 so he still has a long future ahead of him.

Bob Sapp?

Not who I was thinking of...

I don't see Carwin or Cain beating Brock any time soon. Dana White needs to work hard on finding someone that can beat him and promoting the crap out of that fight. Fedor would be great if he could get him.

Think about the marketing, the hated Lesnar (who also happens to have quite a large fanbase as well) takes on the hero figure and consensus p4p top fighter in the business Fedor.

Ratings would be absolutely stupid for that fight. The undercard could feature circus clowns versus turd throwing monkeys and that pay-per-view would sell.

OMG, seriously, please stop. You are making yourself look more and more ridiculous by the post, if that's even possible these days.

Maybe you watched UFC 1, lots of us have. But you clearly don't follow NCAA wrestling, or you would not even be calling him a fake wrestler. Calling him a "fake" wrestler clearly displays your extreme ignorance on this topic.