Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

If you want to see two idiots just trade shots at each other go watch some old Kimbo street fights. It's Mixed Martial Arts not street fighting...controlling in a clench and take downs are technical abilities.

And.....it's *****. The best fighters try to take the other guy out. Rashad had a good plan which got him a points victory but does nothing for his legacy. IMO, he fought/fights like he's scared. It shows when he gets hit.

Sounds pretty stupid to say that he's fighting like a *****.

He fought a very smart and solid fight and to go in and throw with Rampage would have been ridiculous.

Just because the guy you wanted to win lost, doesn't mean you have to disrespect the other guy for fighting a smart fight.

Actually, it doesn't sound pretty stupid. A game plan of pushing someone against the cage for 2 rounds to tire him out is stupid for fans who pay to watch a fight (thank God we didn't pay for that).

Sure, I wanted Rampage to win, but I'm annoyed with him (as I am any fighter) who half asses things, comes into training severely overweight and gases out, which is the inevitable result every time fighters and wrestlers pull stunts like that (and any athlete in general).

So if you want to say I'm disrespecting Rashad, go ahead. I don't like fighters who push guys up against the fence for the majority of the fight. Just like I hate watching jackass wrestlers who stall. Just like I hate watching guys run from their opponents in the octagon and/or ring. Just like I hate athletes who are getting major paydays who half ass their training, allow themselves to get out of shape and put on a crappy performance. So there you go, I'm disrespecting both fighters, equally...although I actually think I'm more annoyed with Rampage.

And.....it's *****. The best fighters try to take the other guy out. Rashad had a good plan which got him a points victory but does nothing for his legacy. IMO, he fought/fights like he's scared. It shows when he gets hit.

4 of his last 6 wins were by KO. If the KO is there he goes for it, but to go for it and risk losing when you have the win locked up is stupid.

Whats better for his legacy? To win by out pointing Rampage or going in like a dummy trying to KO Rampage and getting caught and losing?

It just seems like Rampage fans who are bitter about him losing and need to knock down Rashad now.

Evans Rampage is the type of event that reminds you this is a fight SPORT and not a fight. Rashad won by NOT fighting his opponent. Tap rampage then hold him againt the cage or down for as long as the ref would let him, rinse repeat.

Rampage is not a smart enough fighter to over come it as I've said. He did however show what we've all suspected... Rashads incredibly elusive chin is closer to glass than iron. Shogunis going to murder him.., unless he spends 3 minutes per round not fighting.

Actually, it doesn't sound pretty stupid. A game plan of pushing someone against the cage for 2 rounds to tire him out is stupid for fans who pay to watch a fight (thank God we didn't pay for that).

If that's what is required to win, that is what you do. Pretty simple.

It's not like he does this every fight, I already pointed out 4 of his 6 previous wins were KO wins. It's not like he does this every fight, just in this where it was the smart thing to do.

And there ya go. I think this was echoed by pretty much every OTC wrestler in the room we watched the fight with. And they are biased toward wrestlers, big time. Some of the dudes actually know Rashad, but he didn't gain any respect from them for his "gameplan." IMO, a "technically smart gameplan" is not mutually exclusive from *****-style fighting.

And there ya go. I think this was echoed by pretty much every OTC wrestler in the room we watched the fight with. And they are biased toward wrestlers, big time. Some of the dudes actually know Rashad, but he didn't gain any respect from them for his "gameplan." IMO, a "technically smart gameplan" is not mutually exclusive from *****-style fighting.
Problem is he has a weak chin and knows it. This is the only way he can fight and win. The sport needs to adjust the scoring rules, lay and pray should have the same impact on scoring as back peddling Edited by Destino

4 of his last 6 wins were by KO. If the KO is there he goes for it, but to go for it and risk losing when you have the win locked up is stupid.

Whats better for his legacy? To win by out pointing Rampage or going in like a dummy trying to KO Rampage and getting caught and losing?

It just seems like Rampage fans who are bitter about him losing and need to knock down Rashad now.

1st, I'm not a Rampage fan. I'm a fight fan. I'm not bitter that Rampage lost but I'm let down by the majority of the fight that was a bore. You can be a technical fighter and still excite. look at the Gracies, Sakuraba, Genki Sudo, to name a few. Wrestlers have come in ****ed up the sport with grabbing,holding, and tackling for the sake of 'controling' the fight for a points win.

Again, the people who think controlling clinches and going for takedowns = ***** fighting, you're watching the wrong sport.

Sure, the KOs are fun, but this is not street fighting.

If you have a sound/logical strategy that Evans should have used that would have guaranteed a victory as easily as his did, please explain it. Otherwise it just sounds like a bunch of casual fans who watch for the KOs and saw their king get beaten and are angry.

I wanted Rampage to win, but in no way would I consider myself a "Rampage Fan."

I have always disliked Rashad and have never really had anything great to say about him. This fight is no different for me.

I can't wait to see him versus Shogun. :ols:

Problem is he has a weak chin and knows it. This is the only way he can fight and win. The sport needs to adjust the scoring rules, lay and pray should have the same impact on scoring as back peddling

I very much agree. I like GSP, but I've gotten really frustrated when he did this in his fights.

I was never asking for a KO.

Otherwise it just sounds like a bunch of casual fans who watch for the KOs and saw their king get beaten and are angry.

:ols:
Again, the people who think controlling clinches and going for takedowns = ***** fighting, you're watching the wrong sport.

Again, I've never said these are ***** fighting. I actually have no problems with clenches, and guards, and shooting, I enjoy them actually. I don't mind watching fighters on the ground in each other's guards angling for certain submissions. That is fun to watch, IMO. What I don't like is pushing someone against a cage fence to smother him, get separated by the ref, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat.......

Edited by Special K

If you have a sound/logical strategy that Evans should have used that would have guaranteed a victory as easily as his did, please explain it. Otherwise it just sounds like a bunch of casual fans who watch for the KOs and saw their king get beaten and are angry.

There is a rather large difference between taking down fighters and controlling a clinche to what we saw tonight. GSP embodies this tactic and yet he doesn't purely seeks to kill time. In fact he has one of the most punishing g&p games in the sport. Rashad on the other hand was trying to avoid fighting and stayed busy enough to not get quickly seperated as opposed to doing any damage.

Edited by Destino

There is a rather large difference between taking down fighters and controlling a clinche to what we saw tonight. GSP embodies this tactic and yet NO ONE would seriously suggest he seeks to kill time. Rashad on the other hand was trying to avoid fighting and stayed busy enough to not get quickly seperated as opposed to doing any damage.

He tried to take him down multiple times throughout each and every round. Rogan pointed out that Rampage has one of the best takedown defenses in the UFC....and GSP fights are generally even more boring than this.

I get that people were let down by the fight...with all the hype and both of them claiming they were going to KO the other for months and months you were expecting more.

However, because the fight in general didn't live up to the hype by far, there is no reason to call Rashad a *****....if you listened to Rampage after the fight he certainly didn't have that kind of attitude.

I get that people were let down by the fight...with all the hype and both of them claiming they were going to KO the other for months and months you were expecting more.

However, because the fight in general didn't live up to the hype by far, there is no reason to call Rashad a *****....if you listened to Rampage after the fight he certainly didn't have that kind of attitude.

Nobodies calling him a *****. A takes balls and skill to get in that ring and get stole in the mouf.Ok, His style is unpleasing (to be nice to ya bwoy). The tackling I can handle. But the holding up against the fence has got to go. And laying on the ground w/o doing anything(not particularly Sugar) is boring. Hope Mo doesn't turn into this.

anybody else want to see Machida vs. Rampage next?

Yeah, a Machida/Rampage rematch would be interesting after Machida KOed him last time. It seems like at this point in Rampage's career he has to dislike a guy or have something to prove to motivate him enough to train seriously. I don't know if his heart is still in it or it's just a paycheck for the man.

anybody else want to see Machida vs. Rampage next?

No. Machida should fight Rashad for the right to fight for the belt.

I wanna see Shogun vs. Spider.

Is it too early to put Bones in with Rampage?? Me thinks Rampage wants to act anyway and this could propel Jones.

Edited by TheShredSkinz