Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

yeah them guys are some characters, but they've been around MMA pretty much since it started and helped promote the sport and alot of unknown fighters. as annoying as they are, they are good for the sport

Like rodeo clowns. :)

BTW- What in your review of the Kimbo-Colossus fight told you if was fixed, SU?

Like rodeo clowns. :)

BTW- What in your review of the Kimbo-Colossus fight told you if was fixed, SU?

1. the quick stand up when Thompson had side control

2. the fact that the camera panned away when Kimbo was in a standing guillotine, then when it came back he was out of it

3. thompson landed 25 straight elbows, not much power, but in no way was Kimbo "intelligently" defending himself

4. thompson didn't attempt to defend the sweep from kimbo. thompson is a big dude, and Kimbo has no ground technique. he shouldn't have been able to be swept that easily

5. thompson threw those elbows like baby slaps. he had kimbo in a crucifix and instead of throwing anything with damaging intent, he threw some pitty pat elbows.

6. gary shaw comes from a boxing background and understands the importance of promoting your "stars"

now i could be completely wrong, and in some ways i hope i am, but what i saw last night and in repeat viewings tell me something shady was going on.

1. the quick stand up when Thompson had side control

2. the fact that the camera panned away when Kimbo was in a standing guillotine, then when it came back he was out of it

3. thompson landed 25 straight elbows, not much power, but in no way was Kimbo "intelligently" defending himself

4. thompson didn't attempt to defend the sweep from kimbo. thompson is a big dude, and Kimbo has no ground technique. he shouldn't have been able to be swept that easily

5. thompson threw those elbows like baby slaps. he had kimbo in a crucifix and instead of throwing anything with damaging intent, he threw some pitty pat elbows.

6. gary shaw comes from a boxing background and understands the importance of promoting your "stars"

now i could be completely wrong, and in some ways i hope i am, but what i saw last night and in repeat viewings tell me something shady was going on.

I didn't smell fix while watching, but I have not attempted to review it. Those are good points in hindsight though. Like maybe they paid Colossus to use his size to give Kimbo some tough groundwork and threaten him with a sub, but do NOT close it out. (?) The ultimate bait being a rematch for more money down the line. (?)

good fight, but Torres & Maeda stole the show in my opinion

i must search the internets so i can add that fight to my collection. lol

That could very well have been the best fight I've seen. Shame it had to be stopped, but I agreed with the stoppage. Can't wait for the rematch. I can't help but feel that Torres was going to win it regardless. Dude has the most aggressive and offensive BJJ that I've ever seen. He is sick.

Looked to me like Pulver hurt his hand in the 1st round

Interesting, I hope this is true, otherwise it looks like Jens was instructed not to give full intensity. His big left he's known for was barely there, his flurries and power looked tentative, and the few times it looked like he had Faber hurt, he didn't jump on him like he wanted to win.

Speaking of fixed fights, on Sherdog they're saying that Kimbo tapped at some point during his fight last night but the ref didn't stop it, all of the fans saw this, thought the stoppage was BS, and that's why the fans were booing him at the end.

They're saying they used the 15 second delay to edit it out and that's why there was that wierd pan out way away from the cage during the fight, I know I remember it and was confused by it.