Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Couture will have the boy ready. And Forrest is relentless in the pocket. I'm not going to make a case for my reasoning. It's a huge long shot. Why stop at calling for a decision when I'm already picking an upset of all upsets? Forrest by KO at 0:20 of round 1.

This will never happen.

Forest is going to be too busy on the defensive side.

Couture will have the boy ready. And Forrest is relentless in the pocket. I'm not going to make a case for my reasoning. It's a huge long shot. Why stop at calling for a decision when I'm already picking an upset of all upsets? Forrest by KO at 0:20 of round 1.

That's a bold-ass prediciton dude. I see it going about the opposite, maybe not so early though.

With the two Crocop losses, I want to see more Pride fighters in action. A lot of people have been acting like Pride fighters are on a higher level than UFC fighters and we're going to find out whether that's true or not when we see Shogun fight and when we see Wandy fight (I realize he's on a losing streak but still).

Is it possible that we've somehow overrated Pride's talent? Just a question. Plus, we haven't seen Fedor fight over here yet so it's still hard to say. I think Randy vs. Fedor would come down to a decision.

Is it possible that we've somehow overrated Pride's talent? Just a question. Plus, we haven't seen Fedor fight over here yet so it's still hard to say. I think Randy vs. Fedor would come down to a decision.

Can't say that when Rampage is the champ. Fedor vs Randy might come to a decision but a unamious one for Fedor.

Anyone hear the Nick Diaz interview on The Beatdown? Holy ****, this kid's a ****ing pothead.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/radio.asp?ID=308

Click the link that opens it up in iTunes and move it to the 56:40 mark and listen to this interview. He's obviously high as **** during the interview and keeps forgetting what he's talking about. Unbelievable.

In case you didn't know, his last fight (a win over Gomi) by the way of a gogoplata, probably the craziest jiu jitsu move ever was ruled a NC because he tested positive for marijuana.

This kid is going to **** up his career.

Why would you rule a NC for weed? If anything that is a disadvantage not a performance enhancer. Ever heard anyone say "if you really want to kick some ass, smoke a blunt first!"? No.

Why would you rule a NC for weed? If anything that is a disadvantage not a performance enhancer. Ever heard anyone say "if you really want to kick some ass, smoke a blunt first!"? No.

It's definitely not a performance enhancer, but it's against the rules so what are you gonna do, you know?

If you listen to Diaz talk about weed on the Beatdown, he actually says that it enhances his performance. He claims that it helps him kick back after training or something, there's no way he's not high in that interview, he's going off about the wonders of organic foods and how the government is on some conspiracy **** about kids and ritalin. Then he goes off on tangents and has to ask what he was talking about...classic stuff.

That's a bold-ass prediciton dude. I see it going about the opposite, maybe not so early though.

With the two Crocop losses, I want to see more Pride fighters in action. A lot of people have been acting like Pride fighters are on a higher level than UFC fighters and we're going to find out whether that's true or not when we see Shogun fight and when we see Wandy fight (I realize he's on a losing streak but still).

Prides talent is solid, Crocop was one of the victims of injurys, he just never recovered from something in his foot, he had surgery on it.

In fact he didn't plan on coming over here, he was going to finish his contract in pride and retire, due to injury.

But he won that tourny, beating Josh Barnette and Wandy.

It shot his stock up too high to resist the big offer.

Fedor could have the same problem. He has, or had a nagging hand injury.

Fedor and Couture could be a good match, but if the top notch Fedor shows up, it won't be.

Fedor is stronger, bigger, has much much better striking ability, and both may be equally skilled on the ground.

Couture won't stand toe to toe with this guy, you can't trade punches with Fedor unless you hit like him, and Randy doesn't.

Couture will try to push him against the cage and put Fedor on his back.

But Fedor isn't going to fall for that trap over and over like Gonzoga did.

If that fight happens, and if both partys are healthy, Fedor dominates that match.

And the reason why Pride had the better fighters, is because they paid more.

A lot of those fighters started in UFC and moved over to Pride, and then moved back over to UFC.

UFC even sent it's best fighter over, and Dana White put something like 200k on him to win the Pride tourny.

We all know how that went, Chuck got PWND!!!!!!!

Watch this master at work.

Ever see anyone work a downed opponant any better than this, from a standing position?

He could have finished him there, but he let him up.

Toying with him like a cat would a mouse.

Why was Nagata allowed to wear shoes in that fight? Aren't you prohibited from performing head kicks if you wear shoes?

This is one of my faves:

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/252143

Fedor vs. Zulu it lasts a whole 26 seconds, Zulu is almost literally twice Fedor's size (he's close to 400lbs). No big surprise really he's mostly fat. Still entertaining nonetheless.

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH6wUn6Qo_Q

This is pre-Pride FC. This one goes an entire 17 seconds.

my picks for tonights Elite XC card:

Ninja vs. Lawler: i'm actually more a fan of Ninja, but i see Lawler catching him with something brutal and KO'ng Ninja late 1st or early 2nd. if the fight should happen to get to the ground, i would expect Ninja to tap Lawler though.

Lawler by KO late 1st or early 2nd

Diaz vs. Aina: Not that familiar with Aina, but he's never been finished in a fight as all his losses have come by decision. that said, Diaz has a great ground game and i expect him to tap Aina middle of round 2.

Diaz by sub 2nd round

Shields vs. Charuto: Jake is huge for welterweight (he cuts from 190). i expect him to grind out a decision against Charuto as Charuto is technical enough to stay out of most dangers.

Shields by UD.

Villasenor vs. Fukuda: i look for Villasenor to bounce back from his loss to get a decision agains Fukuda.

Villasenor by UD.

Carano vs. Evinger: i've only seen Carano fight once, and have never heard of her opponent therefore i won't predict this fight.