Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Didn't get to see the fight, just read the results.

How close was BJ to ending it in round 2.

Was the stoppage in round 3 justified?

Yeah BJ gasses out after the end of the 2nd. He almost had Hughes done in the end of the 2nd. I was hoping for a Hughes loss too. Hughes was looking really stupid for the first 2 rounds.

Yeah BJ gasses out after the end of the 2nd. He almost had Hughes done in the end of the 2nd. I was hoping for a Hughes loss too. Hughes was looking really stupid for the first 2 rounds.

Strange ending. BJ is doing a hell of a job through 2 rounds, like Hughes CANT get him down and when he finally does BJ reversed it and the bell saved hughes from a choke (possibly). Then BJ mails in the 3rd round. Out of gas is a huge understatement. Hell it looks someone gave him the call the lose the fight, I mean he just went through the motions.

Then...

Hughes makes a crack about he wished BJ had come to fight 5 rounds. What did he forget BJ took the fight on short notice as a fill in. What a POS. Hughes, can' stand him, even more now.

Just got back from watching UFC 63 and I must say that it was a very good card all the way through. There was excitement from the very start, especially with Pulver getting KO'd early in the 1st, I don't think anyone expected that. Hughes Penn II was a great main event and overall I feel I got my moneys worth tonight.

When I saw the pre-match show on Spike, I was sort of worried about Penn not being in the best shape. He never looked "ripped" on the videos I saw. Living in Hawaii, going swimming, surfing...These MMA guys train like no other sport, and it sounds like he didn't put the work in. Disappointing.

Penn should have been in better shape period it cost him the title..I know he took it on short notice but the guy still shoulda been in better shape.. He rocked and blooded Hughes with punches.. Hughes could'nt do jack I could'nt believe BJ blocking Hughes from taking him down again and again that had to be frustrating.. BJ almost had him several times with the arm bar and he almost had a rear naked choke from hughes back again, then the trangle at the rd2 bell i thought Hughes would be gassed..

BJ came out the 3rd round and just stood thier and took shots no defense at all was just dead tired the guy could barely move..I would love to see a 3rd fight and let Penn get in shape because he dominated the 1st 2 rounds..

Swick also got saved if that fight goes any longer he's done he better get in better shape..

Gulliard got saved by the bell he was in trouble after dominating the fight..hE HAS TO DEVELOP A GROUND GAME AND SOME KINDA Guard he is very talented with his hands and on his feet but he can be submitted..A killer bodyshot though to end the fight the guy defintely has some hands..

Rashad is a beast he just needs to learn more standup and submissions with more experience he can be the champ the guy is strong and athletic he punished Lambert the ref shoulda stopped it quicker i thought he was hurt bad..

LIL Evil got punished the young boy rocked him and caught him with another hard shot soon has he hit the ground..

When I saw the pre-match show on Spike, I was sort of worried about Penn not being in the best shape. He never looked "ripped" on the videos I saw. Living in Hawaii, going swimming, surfing...These MMA guys train like no other sport, and it sounds like he didn't put the work in. Disappointing.

BJ is a smaller guy. I remember he had to gain weight to fight Matt the first time.

Matt is a natural 180-ish, and cuts to 170.

BJ should be fighting in 155 if he can make that cut. He would truely dominate that division.

Now George St. Pere is a monster at 170 pounds, he has quicker feet, the best stand up in that division, and he is a master on the ground.

Matt will lose that title for sure against St. Pere. I'll put money on it, if the odds are good. I suspect the would be even.

Matt already beat him what makes this fight different??

Dana White is all on Hughes jock though did you hear him in the background after the fight you would think Hughes is indestructible that guy is sad...

Beat him??? You mean got lucky as hell and pulled a submission out of his arss!!

Matt was getting a serious beat down when he pulled out the best submission ever in the UFC.

He was taking punches, he even took a spinning back kick that knocked him into the cage.

George said "I'm glad you won Matt, I'm not impressed with your performance tonight(because BJ was clearly winning until he ran out of gas), I look forward to fighting you." after Matt's win over BJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ah9nr-JMd8

I watched the BJ vs Matt fight.

It was a good fight, some great ground work by BJ Penn.

In the end BJ was totally gassed out. He stood there in the ring taking shots with no answer back.

Matt got him on the ground, pinned his arms down in a cross formation and punches him till the ref stops it.

If BJ wasn't so tired he could have easily got out of that cross pin Matt had on him.

Matt was pulling his punches at the end, just like he did on Royce Gracie. No need to do damage when you know the other guy is clearly beat.

I watched the BJ vs Matt fight.

It was a good fight, some great ground work by BJ Penn.

In the end BJ was totally gassed out. He stood there in the ring taking shots with no answer back.

Matt got him on the ground, pinned his arms down in a cross formation and punches him till the ref stops it.

If BJ wasn't so tired he could have easily got out of that cross pin Matt had on him.

Matt was pulling his punches at the end, just like he did on Royce Gracie. No need to do damage when you know the other guy is clearly beat.

The ribs on the right side of B.J. Penn (Pictures)'s body were injured while he seized UFC champion Matt Hughes (Pictures)' back in the second round of Saturday's title fight, the welterweight challenger revealed on his Web site, BJPenn.com, late Sunday.

"When he went for a big elbow, he missed and I capitalized and started going for his back," Penn said in the interview. "At this moment, when I was making the turn towards his back, I felt my ribs seperate on my right side."

Despite the apparent injury, Penn nearly finished Hughes via submission late in the second round. "When I got up to walk to my corner," he said, "I knew something was wrong, but I didn't want to talk about it with my corner. I wanted to be the champ. I wanted to keep fighting." Yet when the five-round championship contest moved into the third, Penn appeared listless. Hughes, who had a difficult time with his challenger in the first 10 minutes, scored with punches and kicks as Penn stood in front of him.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=5705

• 2 weeks later...

I'll watch. I'll watch it all!

In other news: Buentello knocked out Tank Abbott last night in under a minute. Tank is done. I've always liked Buentello. Thought he had a shot against Andre too. I remember his UFC debut. Kind of a funny story.

Every ppv I bet on every fight with someone watching with me (just 40ozs. Nothing big). We take turns picking who we think will win, and the other guy has to bet on the other fighter. A lot of times there are fights with people you have never seen or heard of before. For those fights you study the tale of the tape, records, and anything else would help you make the right pick (without going to the internet and researching). It was my turn to pick when Buentello was debuting against Justin Eilers. Goldberg was talking about Buentello's skill set like he does with every fighter. I was listening closey to make my pick when he said something like: "Great striker with good defense, Also speaks excellent Spanish". WHaaaa? Excellent Spanish? Goldberg couldn't think of anything else positive to say about Buentello's fighting? Isn't Buentello hispanic? Why wouldn't he speak excellent Spanish? So I obvioulsy take Eilers and start busting on my buddy for having the fighter who "speaks excellent spanish" (still on on-going inside joke with my friends). Well, that fight didn't make it past the first round. Buentello killed Eilers, and I was immediatley a fan. I vowed never to bet against him again.

Next time I saw Buentello fight was at a bar where they were showing an old KOTC ppv on INHD. Buentello's opponent came out first. Huge ripped dude. The whole bar was like "dammmmmmn that guy could probably kick some ass!" Then Buentello and his gut get introduced. The bar starts laughing at the murder they predict will take place in the cage. Remembering my vow, I said I'd bet a shot with anyone who wanted the big guy. One guy jumped all over it. His girl reminded him he was out of cash (cash only town). He didn't care. It was easy money. Bet is placed. Fight starts. 30 or seconds later, the guy is making his girl take out cash from the ATM to buy me a shot of Jager.

WAR BUENTELLO!!!!!!

I'll watch. I'll watch it all!

In other news: Buentello knocked out Tank Abbott last noght in under a minute. Tank is done. I've always liked Buentello. Thought he had a shot against Andre too. I remember his UFC debut. Kind of a funny story.

Every ppv I bet on every fight with someone watching with me (just 40ozs. Nothing big). We take turns picking who we think will win, and the other guy has to bet on the other fighter. A lot of times their are fights with people you have never seen or heard of before. For those fights you study the tale of the tape, records, and anything else would help you make the right pick (without going to the iinternet and researching). It was my turn to pick when Buentello was debuting against Justin Eilers. Goldberg was talking about Buentello's skill set like he does with every fighter. I was listening closey to make my pick when he said something like: "Great striker with good defense, Also speaks excellent Spanish". WHaaaa? Excellent Spanish? Goldberg couldn't think of anything else positive to say about Buentello's fighting? Isn't Buentello hispanic? Why wouldn't he speak excellent Spanish? So I obvioulsy take Eilers and start busting on my buddy for having the fighter who "speaks excellent spanish" (still on on-going inside joke with my friends). Well, that fight didn't make it past the first round. Buentello killed Eilers, and I was immediatley a fan. I vowed never to bet against him again.

Next time I saw Buentello fight was at a bar where they were showing an old KOTC ppv on INHD. Buentello's opponent came out first. Huge ripped dude. The whole bar was like "dammmmmmn that guy could probably kick some ass!" Then Buentello and his gut get introduced. The bar starts laughing at the mureder they predictlbe will take place in the cage. Remebering my vow, I said I'd bet a shot with anyone who wanted the big guy. One guy jumped all over it. His girl reminded him he was out of cash (cahs only town). He didn't care. It was easy money. Bet is placed. Fight starts. 30 or seconds later, the guy is making his girl take out cash from the ATM to buy me a shot of Jager.

WAR BUENTELLO!!!!!!

Haha...if you get a chance, go watch the Tank post fight interview on Sherdog. Why dont these guys just go away...Yeah, I'm talking to you too Shamrock!

I'd like to see more PRIDE vs UFC matchups. I enjoy watching the UFC, but I really enjoy, in particular, the heavier weigh classes of PRIDE. I believe PRIDE has better fighters, but I do believe that some of today's UFC fighters would fare well PRIDE matches. Josh Barnett is a former UFC fighter that did very well in the recent PRIDE Grand Prix.

I'd like to see more PRIDE vs UFC matchups. I enjoy watching the UFC, but I really enjoy, in particular, the heavier weigh classes of PRIDE. I believe PRIDE has better fighters, but I do believe that some of today's UFC fighters would fare well PRIDE matches. Josh Barnett is a former UFC fighter that did very well in the recent PRIDE Grand Prix.

More? Seems to me, the only side that has ponied up anyone is UFC. Athough Silva vs Lidell would be fun, regardless of CroCop knocking Silva's head off. I hope Pride goes under for their Yakuza (sp?) ties. It'd be great to join those fighters with UFC.

WAR FRANKLIN!!!!!

More? Seems to me, the only side that has ponied up anyone is UFC. Athough Silva vs Lidell would be fun, regardless of CroCop knocking Silva's head off. I hope Pride goes under for their Yakuza (sp?) ties. It'd be great to join those fighters with UFC.

WAR FRANKLIN!!!!!

I'd rather see the fights in a Pride ring with kicks and kness to a downed opponet allowed, but no elbows.

This is essentially the problem with MMA though. The company system will always prevent the best from fighting the best. It is only reason I can understand them not getting mainstream coverage. MMA needs to adaot more of a boxing approach (but obviously not a complete boxing approach) where fighters are fighters, and championships are appointed by impartial commisons. As long as they don't get corrupt like in boxing.