Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's the best DT the Redskins ever had?

michael_33

It's between Dave Butz and Daryl Grant.

Butz had the longevity, but the image of Daryl storming into the endzone and spiking the ball against Dallas in the NFC title game is etched in my mind.

Push comes to shove though...I'll take Butz.

Dave Butz or Freddie Stokes.

Those are my two also. I remember Dave Butz and that helment all scratched up. Classic stuff there!!!!!! Fred Stokes was an animal in there too. I know some folks have already said Jumpy Geathers, why in the world did we let him get away? I know he went on to play somewhere else though.

Here's to the present man at arms ---- Corneilus Griffin ----- He is our achilles heal ... when he plays we play hard when he's out ... it shows dramatically. Only guy to help us to get great pass rushing with only 4 defensive lineman.

Fred Stokes was an animal in there too. I know some folks have already said Jumpy Geathers, why in the world did we let him get away?

I asked myself the same question regarding Jumpy, damn was he good!

Stokes was good also, but he was a 260lb DE.

Regarding Turk Edwards, the first Redskins starting lineup in 1932 when they were the Boston Braves lists him at 6-2 230 lbs. The average weight of the offensive line starters was 211. Turk did "balloon up" to 260 before he retired in 1940. Things sure have changed.

Archived