Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Predictions Thread

robotfire

we have at least 6 games vs. playoff teams.

We will not win them all.

I think 12-4 or 11-5 is possible. We could split the division record 3-3 only winning at home, and lose 1 or 2 outside of the division. Anyone that thinks we can sweep the division next year should get a catscan, something isnt right however to think that we could win most of our games outside of the division isnt crazy if our offense ends up being as good as we think it will be.

I don't hear too many skins fans where I live make excuses when we lose a game to Dallas, however all I hear are excuses from the brokebacknation fans. The first game was "lucky" and the second game all I remember hearing was crickets. See my name for reference. Anyways, I agree with the 11-5 predictions. I'm very hopeful that we will do better but the fact is the entire NFC east is brutal. No one wants to play Dalass in BigD, nor do they want to play the G'ain'ts in the Medowlands, and Philly is ALWAYS a tough game. They came awfully close to giving me a heart attack in the season finale with their BACKUPS! If anyone is to win the division this year you have to take a good look at Philly followed by the Skins because of the off season moves. Dalass just hasn't gotten any better except in the kicking game even with TO they still have questions at O-Line. The Gain'ts have Eli and I think this year he will be exposed for the terrible QB that he really is. If Toomer and Plexico don't bail his ass out with amazing catches Tom Coughlin will be run out of town real quickly.

Brokeback lovers - all I hear is crickets.

Skins 10-6, 11-5. Too tough of a division...

+--------------+----------+

| Reg. Season | Playoffs |

+----------+--------------+----------+

| Year TM | W L T | W L |

| 1981 was | 8 8 0 | 0 0 |

| 1982 was | 8 1 0 | 4 0 |

| 1983 was | 14 2 0 | 2 1 |

| 1984 was | 11 5 0 | 0 1 |

| 1985 was | 10 6 0 | 0 0 |

| 1986 was | 12 4 0 | 2 1 |

| 1987 was | 11 4 0 | 3 0 |

| 1988 was | 7 9 0 | 0 0 |

| 1989 was | 10 6 0 | 0 0 |

| 1990 was | 10 6 0 | 1 1 |

| 1991 was | 14 2 0 | 3 0 |

| 1992 was | 9 7 0 | 1 1 |

| 2004 was | 6 10 0 | 0 0 |

| 2005 was | 10 6 0 | 1 1 |

| TOTALS | 140 76 0 | 17 6 |

+----------+--------------+----------+The division was tough back in the day, too, but he still managed a couple of 14-2 seasons.

14-2 would be a stretch. When those teams were able to accomplish 14-2 it came from teams with a bit more continuity than our current squad. We may be poised to go 14-2 in a year or two but the Hogs had played together for years under Gibbs and Bugel when they accomplished that. In this division it'd be a miracle to do that now.

14-2 would be a stretch. When those teams were able to accomplish 14-2 it came from teams with a bit more continuity than our current squad. We may be poised to go 14-2 in a year or two but the Hogs had played together for years under Gibbs and Bugel when they accomplished that. In this division it'd be a miracle to do that now.
In Gibbs' second season as a coach, he went 8-1 and won a Super Bowl. Continuity wasn't a factor at that point.

Clint

Here is a better look at my 14-2 season week by week

Home against the Vikings Win

Road against the Boys Loss

Road against The Texans Win

Home against the Jaguars Win

Road against the Giants Loss

Home against the Titans Win

Road against the Colts Loss

Home against the Boys Win

Road against the Eagles Win

Road Against The Bucks Win

Home against the Panthers Loss

Home against the Falcons Win

Home against the Eagles Win

Road against the Saints Win

Road against the Rams Win

Home against the Giants Win

Outcome 12-4 NFC East Divison Winners ! ! ! ! !

So, what excuses are you going to come up with when you are 8-8?

I don't need excuses. I'm not the one touting my team will be 12-4, 13-3 or 14-2

But since so many of you expect such high results, it will be fun to see the excuses. Lord knows nobody will be calling Gibbs out no matter what.

You have to remember how close to being an 8-8 team you were. If Dallas doesn't quit playing in game one, you're 9-7 right there and watching the playoffs from the couch.

You had a team that was 5-6 at one point last year. 5 and friggen 6 people. Not even a .500 team. Then you got hot, had a few lucky breaks, and ended up 10-6.

Dallas showed up at your place and couldn't hold on to the ball, we played like girls, it was very dissapointing. Then a couple weeks later you barely beat Philadelphia's second stringers.

We are all in the NFC East. Hard nosed, tough football. Any team in this division can win it all, and any team in this division can end up in last place.

The team who stays the healthiest will most likely win the division. And with Brunell at the helm, you'd better pray he can stay healthy or you'll finish dead last.

This is the "new" NFL. Like it or not, what you did last year means absolutely nothing. Personally, I think Philly will be the team to beat. Heck, they almost beat you guys with thier second stringers last year in the last game. Their healthy now and have alot to prove.

Archived