Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Predictions Thread

robotfire

You have to remember how close to being an 8-8 team you were. If Dallas doesn't quit playing in game one, you're 9-7 right there and watching the playoffs from the couch.
Actually, 9-7 would have gotten us in the playoffs since Dallas choked in their final game. And don't give me that "the game didn't matter" crap, because if that is all the more heart your team has then you are doomed anyway.
Dallas showed up at your place and couldn't hold on to the ball, we played like girls
Now this I agree with.
Personally, I think Philly will be the team to beat. Heck, they almost beat you guys with thier second stringers last year in the last game.
Dude, they lost by 15 points. 35-20 is not a close game. "Almost beat us," give me a break man.

I don't need excuses. I'm not the one touting my team will be 12-4, 13-3 or 14-2

But since so many of you expect such high results, it will be fun to see the excuses. Lord knows nobody will be calling Gibbs out no matter what.

You have to remember how close to being an 8-8 team you were. If Dallas doesn't quit playing in game one, you're 9-7 right there and watching the playoffs from the couch.

You had a team that was 5-6 at one point last year. 5 and friggen 6 people. Not even a .500 team. Then you got hot, had a few lucky breaks, and ended up 10-6.

Dallas showed up at your place and couldn't hold on to the ball, we played like girls, it was very dissapointing. Then a couple weeks later you barely beat Philadelphia's second stringers.

We are all in the NFC East. Hard nosed, tough football. Any team in this division can win it all, and any team in this division can end up in last place.

The team who stays the healthiest will most likely win the division. And with Brunell at the helm, you'd better pray he can stay healthy or you'll finish dead last.

This is the "new" NFL. Like it or not, what you did last year means absolutely nothing. Personally, I think Philly will be the team to beat. Heck, they almost beat you guys with thier second stringers last year in the last game. Their healthy now and have alot to prove.

If, if, if, if...if my aunt had a dick she'd by my uncle. If Alstott gets called down by contact (correctly), if the Skins don't quit against San Diego, if they bother to show up against the Raiders they are 13-3...much like your "preferences" this arguement goes both ways you know.

You had a team that was 5-6 at one point last year. 5 and friggen 6 people. Not even a .500 team. Then you got hot, had a few lucky breaks, and ended up 10-6.

First of all, Dallas didn't give up. They played their guts out 'til the end in that game. They just got owned.

It's funny how an entire season can be decided by just a select few plays. Sure, you can say that if we lost to Dallas, we'd be sitting at home. You could also say that if we had beaten Tampa, we'd have been division champs. The fact of the matter is, losers say "if this happened, things would have been different". I should know, I was making excuses for STEVE SPURRIER back in the day! That's football =)

Clint

I don't need excuses. I'm not the one touting my team will be 12-4, 13-3 or 14-2

But since so many of you expect such high results, it will be fun to see the excuses. Lord knows nobody will be calling Gibbs out no matter what.

Dallas showed up at your place and couldn't hold on to the ball, we played like girls, it was very dissapointing. Then a couple weeks later you barely beat Philadelphia's second stringers.

We are all in the NFC East. Hard nosed, tough football. Any team in this division can win it all, and any team in this division can end up in last place.

The team who stays the healthiest will most likely win the division. And with Brunell at the helm, you'd better pray he can stay healthy or you'll finish dead last.

This is the "new" NFL. Like it or not, what you did last year means absolutely nothing. Personally, I think Philly will be the team to beat. Heck, they almost beat you guys with thier second stringers last year in the last game. Their healthy now and have alot to prove.

While I agree that 14-2 etc. is very lofty (and not at all what I'm expecting), it is not out of the realm of possibility. If someone on your chumpboys message board predicted that for your boys, would you "call out" that person? Or would you say I hope you're right but I'm predicting __-__.

As for the lucky breaks, you've gotta also remember that we were also one blown call (freaking alstott) from being division champs. Throw in a "lucky" play each in denver, kc and against oak and we're 14-2. This goes back to the point you're making that things can go either way, but that's a given and really shouldn't bear repeating.

Sure we were 5-6 at one point (pay attention, cause this ties in nicely w/ what you said about last year not meaning anything) last year, but we won out and proved our conviction, proved our detractors wrong and proved to ourselves that we can handle anything. We proved we are a playoff caliber team that was just a few plays from being in the nfc championship game and maybe the superbowl. As for the way you guys imploded...

Lastly, as for saying that we'd never blame Gibbs... damn right we wouldn't, why would anyone "call out" a football legend, one of the greatest coaches ever? You say that like we've put him on a pedestal... HE put himself on a pedestal, through hard work, smarts, organization, a virtually unparallelled record and his understanding that TEAMS win games, not just a BS player that once disrespected the team.

Ahhh... thanks, that was relieving.

Prediction..... PAIN!

Seriously, I'll give you a prediction that has nothing to do with a record.

Sean Taylor will force people to finally take notice of his play on the field and not the off field issues. He is going to blow it up this season. Of course many in this board expect that.

A bit of a dark horse, Carlos Rogers will lead the NFL in interceptions.

We were just as close to 13-3 as we were to 9-7, so get that junk outta here.

Did you really think you could slip this half assed logic past me?

Archived